Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax Absolute waste of time : avoid like the plague

• 01-03-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20

Having just gotten wimax, this is a warning to anyone who really needs their Internet and phone connections to work

I bought wimax with phone line and 7mb broadband

I should have cancelled the 4th time they cheerily told me the installation date was delayed but didn't nor on the 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th

Broadband does not work, despite advertising at 7mb with expected peak contention of 4:1 all I get for evenings when I am working is just under 1mb

Imaging support is horrific, they absolutely refused to engage on this issue simply and rudely saying that it's because its a shared service

When looking at speed tests overall they insist on pointing out where the speed is fast on one point, so I organised by myself to write a little macro to do hundreds of test Proving that there is something wrong, but they just dismiss it

I have wasted a fortune on the phone to them, they never call back.

And now when they finally Oort the phone line over it's not working and of course it's my phone not them. The phone they had already confirmed as being suitable

And guess what the techie guy says, "you can't go by what the sales people say"

There is no sense of support at all, no willingness to listen nor resolve any issues. They fully depend on you not bothering to keep calling again and again just to get what you are already paying for

I swear even eircom are better than this lot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You have 14 days to cancel, make sure you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Golfer999999

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You have 14 days to cancel, make sure you do.

I only wish I could, it's taken them so long to ignore the broadband issue and porting the phone accross that I am well beyond the 14 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Wow, they sound awful. And I was really considering them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

Firstly, do you have a reference number from Imagine for your complaint? If not, get onto them again and get it. They have a complaints procedure which they must follow. If they can't give you one, ask for the name of the Customer Services Manager - not a tech support person or a sales person.

Second - write to Imagine (referencing your complaints number) outlining what has happened to date and state you are canceling their service as it is not what was promised at time of order, that they have not fulfilled their side of the contract, and that their customer service is not up to standard. If you have dates etc of phone calls, names of people you spoke with, include it in your letter. The more detail the better. I think Brian O'Donoghue is the MD there. Address it to him if you don't get the name of the CS Manager.

Send it by registered post, and make sure you have a copy yourself.

Thirdly, if you want further help, get onto Comreg:
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints.316.LE.asp

Lastly, get onto your bank (I presume you are paying by DD?), and cancel your payment. That always speeds up customer service! ;)

Good Luck!

I only wish I could, it's taken them so long to ignore the broadband issue and porting the phone accross that I am well beyond the 14 days

Maybe you could argue 14 days from the provision of the service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

where do you get 14 days from? Most telecoms seem to operate under EU distance selling regulations which unless i'm mistaken requires a 7 day cancellation period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

johnciall wrote: »
    where do you get 14 days from? Most telecoms seem to operate under EU distance selling regulations which unless i'm mistaken requires a 7 day cancellation period
    Yes and it is for change of mind cancellations only, if you have problems yo have to give tham the opportunity to fix things but when they dont you can complain "formally" and get out of any contract through them not supplying the service.

write to them and use the heading "formal complaint" and take it from there.

in reality this service is nothing more than what Clearwire offer so will never be any good unless you live beside the masts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

I had the same issue last year. I sent a simple registered letter stating that I'd I cancelled my Direct Debit, and that I was terminating the contract due to a breach at their end (not delivering the service I was paying for). I advised them not to bill me for any services going forward because they wouldn't be paid for them and this was ample notification not to provide said services then complain afterwards about not getting paid. it worked - do the same.
    Ignore any letters or contact from them, because if you get brought to court over unpaid bills, you have let them know BEFORE they even provided the services for the bills, so they billed you knowing they wouldn't be paid, and it's a simple case in your favour.
    It's like me telling someone I don't want my lawn cut but they cut it anyway and bill me for it - they're billing me for services I told them in advance I didn't want, so they have no leg to stand on. And you're not held to any contract because you terminated it when they failed to uphold their end of it.

thw 14 days is from the consumer credit act. Its the cooling off period. i've seen it on a vodafone 12 month bb contract

Advertisement