Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing guitar strings

Options
  • 01-03-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just wondering how difficult it is to change the strings on a guitar, will I (very inexperienced guitar player) be able to change them myself (any websites that'll help) or would it be better to take my guitar somewhere?

Cheers

Sarah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

You shouldn't have much problem changing them yourself Sarah, although it will probably take you a little bit longer than most as it's your first time.

Acoustic Guitar

Electric Guitar

Those videos give a pretty good explanation and if you get stuck with anything just post back and I'm sure someone will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sarah45121

strobe wrote: »
    You shouldn't have much problem changing them yourself Sarah, although it will probably take you a little bit longer than most as it's your first time.

Acoustic Guitar

Electric Guitar

Those videos give a pretty good explanation and if you get stuck with anything just post back and I'm sure someone will help you out.

Hey Strobe,

Thanks very much for those videos. Have just changed the strings and my guitar is sounding great again (the old strings had gone completely dead).

Thanks again

Sarah

Advertisement