Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just Honda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Cams are in and remap on Thursday...just with the cams and exhaust alone she's pulling much harder and much more aggressive! Can't wait to see where the remap gets me!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Cams are in and remap on Thursday...just with the cams and exhaust alone she's pulling much harder and much more aggressive! Can't wait to see where the remap gets me!

Nice:cool:,reminds me when i put the same cams in my Sir Integra along with an ITR Ecu,throttle body and Toda cam pulleys,the torque was noticeably higher and it didn't cost an arm and leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Gregsor wrote: »
    Nice:cool:,reminds me when i put the same cams in my Sir Integra along with an ITR Ecu,throttle body and Toda cam pulleys,the torque was noticeably higher and it didn't cost an arm and leg.

Those B18s from the SiR take very well to mods, couple of simple mods will have them well in ITR territory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

projectgtr wrote: »
    Those B18s from the SiR take very well to mods, couple of simple mods will have them well in ITR territory

They still fall down on the handling though. A lad I know had a modded SIR and went to a standard Type R, said he couldn't believe the difference

They still fall down on the handling though. A lad I know had a modded SIR and went to a standard Type R, said he couldn't believe the difference

Yeah SiR suspension needs to be upgraded allright, though your never gonna get the chassis stiffness of the ITR well unless you seam weld the chassis. still with some choice suspension mods they can be made very capable in comparison to an ITR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Yeah SiR suspension needs to be upgraded allright, though your never gonna get the chassis stiffness of the ITR well unless you seam weld the chassis. still with some choice suspension mods they can be made very capable in comparison to an ITR.

I know one with an airbox and exhaust system that's putting out TypeR numbers. It's mad alright

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I gather they'll take forced induction more easily too. Lower compression engine so more leeway. But yea, chassis wise it's another ballgame entirely.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

<snip>

Mod note: Advertising is not allowed here

Onkle wrote: »
    I know one with an airbox and exhaust system that's putting out TypeR numbers. It's mad alright

i know :D im not sure if its just they have had easier lifes compared to the trashing DC2`s tend to get over here :confused: a lad i know had one with a couple of good quality select mods and it was handing it to ITR`s , still had its dual stage VTEC too :D

here it is on the dyno

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

That's a seriously nice car. The revs went forever!

• Advertisement

That's a seriously nice car. The revs went forever!

i know :D , it seriously changed my opinion of SiR Tegs

I just fit an ITG airbox to my mates EK SIR, he's well chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

That yellow Teg is smashing :eek:
    BDJW wrote: »
    A guy up north used to own it. There is a build thread on one of the forums, I must dig it out, it's worth a read. I saw the car in the metal once at a Honda meet in Portlaoise, it really was immaculate!
    He sold it about a year or year and a half ago, I think it went across the water to England.

She's up for sale in England with a pretty hefty price tag. Still a cracking looking car and those yellow recaros are just :cool:.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2740970.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Testament1 wrote: »
    She's up for sale in England with a pretty hefty price tag. Still a cracking looking car and those yellow recaros are just :cool:.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2740970.htm

If the price tag had been more reasonable, I would have been very very interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Ya its a fantastic example of a car but that is still a shocking price for a DC2. I imagine they must have held their value a bit better in the UK to warrant a price like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

My S2k. Bought last month. New decat pipe fitted, nothing else so far. More pics to follow, needs a wash first!

EDIT: Mugen front splitter and rear lip also.

s2kh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

i know :D im not sure if its just they have had easier lifes compared to the trashing DC2`s tend to get over here :confused: a lad i know had one with a couple of good quality select mods and it was handing it to ITR`s , still had its dual stage VTEC too :D

here it is on the dyno

Thats robs old one is it? That car had very high compression readings and we couldn't sus out what pistons were in it but they didn't seem to be standard SIR ones. It was crazy on the road.

When we stipped it for inspection,
    DSCF8109.jpg
    DSCF8112.jpg

Sure was :D he never mentioned the pistons to me, not sure where the car is now, i could have it mixed up but i think it could have been robbed after Amy sold it, like most of robs cars, i would have loved that SiR :D

Do you still work on Hondas or do you just work on stuff that interests you outside of your normal job?

Sure was :D he never mentioned the pistons to me, not sure where the car is now, i could have it mixed up but i think it could have been robbed after Amy sold it, like most of robs cars, i would have loved that SiR :D

Do you still work on Hondas or do you just work on stuff that interests you outside of your normal job?

Honda's interest me...despite the user name:D

Still do work at home alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Hey guys.
    Going changing the car and I'm torn between a type s accord 2l petrol 08 or a dc5 integra. I have nearly made up my mind on the accord but is there anything specific that I should be looking out for?

• Advertisement

CptMackey wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    Going changing the car and I'm torn between a type s accord 2l petrol 08 or a dc5 integra. I have nearly made up my mind on the accord but is there anything specific that I should be looking out for?

Two completely different genre of car there.

They both, technically, have the same engine(k20) but their state of tune, power output etc etc is very different. The accord is 140hp from memory and the dc5 is 200-220 assuming its a type R your looking at.
    Non type R's would be pretty rare here.

They are both very reliable if you get a well looked after one, the accord is a family saloon so is unlikely to have been abused like many dc5's will have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It would be the type r alright. Driven both of them. The integra is obvisouly more powerful after driving it. But they are way more powerful than my current 1.4 astra 80 odd bhp :D

Need to move that on given that it uses the ecotech engine

CptMackey wrote: »
    It would be the type r alright. Driven both of them. The integra is obvisouly more powerful after driving it. But they are way more powerful than my current 1.4 astra 80 odd bhp :D

Need to move that on given that it uses the ecotech engine

If you are not looking specifically for a performnace car then the accord might be a better option. Decent on fuel for the engine size, cheaper to maintain(properly), cheaper to insure, more practical, less likely to have hassle from garda or theives etc.

The Accord, especially in type S form, is a nice looking car, although have you looked at an accord euro R? Nice mix of dc5 and accord type s:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If only someone around here had a euro r for sale..

snapshot20110513.jpg

Up near 7 horsies after cams, exhaust and manifold! Remap to come still :D

My ears are still ringing though :(

Ha I was going to delete the last few posts for ya but I can't!

Onkle wrote: »
    Ha I was going to delete the last few posts for ya but I can't!

What posts? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Less talk. More pics.

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

• Advertisement

If we have time tomorrow in work my car will be getting the camber set for 'fast road', should be interesting

Advertisement