Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar lessons in the Dunmanway/Clon Area?

Options
  • 01-03-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is anyone you could recommend for a series of one on one lessons on the acoustic guitar in Clon preferably. I will be back home over the summer and am in need of some tailored lessons as I am not a beginner and would like to advance quickly.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Finding someone to bring a beginner to intermediate level would probably be fairly easy, but finding someone to bring a player from intermediate to advanced level (without heading for the city) mightn't be so straightforward. What exactly would you be looking to work on / improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hi there,

I'm looking to get better at finger picking and working on my barre chords which are slowing me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

There's a noticeboard in Jeffers Music in Bandon with a lot of ads for lessons etc., you could also try the two shops in Clon.

Finger picking has a lot to do with developing your own technique / style - the biggest challenges around it (and playing barre chords) will probably be physical (building up the strength / control in the fingers etc., which will come with practise). Also some chords contain a high and low version of the same note so knowing which string you might be able to afford to leave out might make some barre chords more manageable.

This site here could be worth checking out.

Advertisement