Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signal weak from Omni why..

Options
  • 01-03-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have a a network with three houses each with a client setup all of which have visibility to an omni on a shed nearby.

The middle house has wireless internet from a provider using a 5Ghz connection by using other clients and a switch I have been able to relay the internet out to the shed and and to the other houses up until now.

Shortly after Christmas the signal started to get weaker and now its floats about -80 to -90db, with the center house struggling to hold a connection at 1mb and the others not at all.

I have recently purchased a mini pci Wistron CM9 card and replaced it on the box on the shed (wrap model) but it has not helped.

Any ideas....there is a Linksys 54wrt in the center house (internet) which has its own wireless network and seems to be strong outside. While I haven't any issues with it before could it be causing interference its not the same channel / frequency.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try changing channel. Has any new 2.4Ghz device, tv sender, cowshed camera, baby monitor been introduced in the area lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Maints

Water in one of the connections to the omni?

Advertisement