Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Poi Data

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    I have a nuvi 1240 unit bought mid Feb 2011. I tried to load custom POi's into the unit using the Garmin POI loader software but I accidently removed all the poi files in the folder. The files relate to the speed camera locations which came installed with the unit. Is there any way to recover this data.
    Spud56

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

spud56 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a nuvi 1240 unit bought mid Feb 2011. I tried to load custom POi's into the unit using the Garmin POI loader software but I accidently removed all the poi files in the folder. The files relate to the speed camera locations which came installed with the unit. Is there any way to recover this data.
    Spud56

AFAIK this data is now subscription based, the free service may not be available now. As you've deleted from the device, the data may be lost ~ you have looked in the recycle bin? I don't think the data would have gone there anyway but!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 spud56

Thanks for the information I was hoping I might have been able to recover the files.
    Thanks Again.
    Spud56

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You may be able to recover the files with some kind of file recovery software if they haven't already been overwritten.

Recuva is a free one that I use with great success, see http://www.piriform.com/recuva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 spud56

Thanks for the information. Installed Recuva and it recovered all the missing files. Thanks
    Spud56:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Glad to hear it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement