Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodka Litres

Options
  • 02-03-2011 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin running specials on litres of vodka this week?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Not on litre bottles but for the 70cl my local Superquinn have been selling Smirnoff at €15 a bottle. Not sure if those specials are across all Superquinns though.

Sells out fast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thanks... I should have said it needs to be 40%+ :)

None of that weak Smirnoff Red @ 37.5% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Pretty sure I saw 1L bottles of Absolut 40%ABV on sale at €19.99 in O'Briens off-licence on the Navan Road there a couple of days ago.
    Not sure if its in all stores, or possibly the offer ended in the last couple of days, but it doesn't have this offer on the website.
    Definitely saw it tho, saving of €8.50 or something I think.

revz wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw 1L bottles of Absolut 40%ABV on sale at €19.99 in O'Briens off-licence on the Navan Road there a couple of days ago.
    Not sure if its in all stores, or possibly the offer ended in the last couple of days, but it doesn't have this offer on the website.
    Definitely saw it tho, saving of €8.50 or something I think.
    That's my local. I'm almost positive the promotion has ended (sign isn't up anymore) but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

No joy in O'Brien's btw... nor anywhere else :(

• Advertisement

Bump. Anything this week bargain hunters? ;)

Anything this week? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,882 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anything this week? :D

Dunnes are selling litre bottles of Smirnoff for €20.

Dunnes are selling litre bottles of Smirnoff for €20.
    It's just the Smirnoff Red though I'm assuming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Does it have to be a litre bottle? Lidl does 40% 70cl bottles for about €12, which works out at... *dum de dum*... approx. €17 for a litre.

I haven't tried the 40%, but the 37.5% is grand - not horrible and rough like some brands.

Who's the lucky lady??

• Advertisement

I tried the Lidl one and wasn't too fond of it. I usually just buy litres to keep in the house since it's generally cheaper long-term.

I just keep an eye out to save a few bob if and where I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I usually just buy litres to keep in the house since it's generally cheaper long-term.

I just keep an eye out to save a few bob if and where I can.

Don't believe a word of it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Dunnes are selling 700ml bottles of Russian Standard at €15.
    Saw them this evening. Havent tried this stuff so cannot recommend, however russian and polish vodkas are well known for their quality so possibly worth a try :D

annie.t wrote: »
    Dunnes are selling 700ml bottles of Russian Standard at €15.
    Saw them this evening. Havent tried this stuff so cannot recommend, however russian and polish vodkas are well known for their quality so possibly worth a try :D
    Yeah, it's good stuff and a good value at €15. I buy two of those usually when litres aren't on sale... only €2 more for 140cl than 100cl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yep - Russian Standard is good vodka. Better than that Smirnoff muck any day of the week.

Macros42 wrote: »
    Yep - Russian Standard is good vodka. Better than that Smirnoff muck any day of the week.
    Actually, only Smirnoff Red is muck. The other stuff is OK - not Russian Standard quality, but much better than Red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's ok is all. Americans just can't make really good vodka. There's a Polish one sold in a local off license that I got once - beautiful vodka and cheaper than Russian Standard. I'll see if I can get the name of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I tried the Lidl one and wasn't too fond of it.
    There is a premium lidl one which gets amazing reviews, rated higher than grey goose and other expensive ones in one magazine.

I usually just buy litres to keep in the house since it's generally cheaper long-term.
    More often than not 700ml bottles are cheaper than litre ones. I have always calculated price per litre on drink, going back almost 20 years, long before the "price per litre" was in supermarkets. I was always giving out to one mate of mine who kept buying litre bottles and so paying well over the odds compared to 700ml ones.

The €20 absolut in o'briens was cheaper per ml than the 700ml which was on offer at the same time, but this is quite rare and I was very surprised to see it. Its the same with family size tins of beans/peas, more often than not the standard size is cheaper per gram -probably due to economies of scale in the packaging, and maybe supermarkets cashing in on people who wrongly presume a larger size is always cheaper per gram/ml.
    Macros42 wrote: »
    It's ok is all. Americans just can't make really good vodka.
    Are you calling smirnoff american? its made all over the world AFAIK and orginally russian and now owned be Diageo who are UK. And skyy vodka is a US brand and is extremely good, it was €14 for 700ml in tesco at one stage, it goes on offer from time to time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco have
    Smirnoff Red Label Vodka 70Cl for €15 for the next week.

General consensus in this thread (and in life) is that Smirnoff Red is utter garbage.

Total ripoff too, Tesco have Russian Standard 70cl @ €15 as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement