Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "What did I do wrong?" thread

• 02-03-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Just an idea I had for a thread. Lots of threads pop up discussing replays, things people want advice on, etc. I thought why not make one thread to discuss replays and maybe people could give pointers as to why said person lost etc

Maybe a bad idea but worth a shot I think :)

I'll get the ball rolling, 1v1 I had today with a Protoss, opened with early pressure but late game just macroed and turtled. Got stomped. Any advice(on anything :))?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Didn't see the replay and don't know what race you are because I'm in Uni but as a general rule of thumb, if he turtles just drop him all over the map. 8 marines with Stim are a ****ing nightmare to deal with, especially so when he's just camping.

If you're Zerg it's even easier. Take every expansion on the map, tech up to BLs, Ultralisks and Crackings and laugh in his face. Scouting's important too (Xel'Naga Towers) so you can see when he's planning to apply pressure and begin pumping units. Keeping on top of upgrades can help a lot too.

Just remember, if he's camping then there's not really anything else he can do and you can gain map control. If you piss him off enough with drops chances are he's just going to push out and all-in you. Oh the wonderful world of Bunkers and Crawlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

Gonna watch the replay later and then edit.

But terran lategame is really poor against protoss and i think the best way for terran to stay cost efficient against protoss is to switch into mech/ghost when you have taken a 3 base, the only thing you have to worry about is if the toss switch to carrier.

Ok i've reviewed the rep and here what i've noticed.
    you lost your marauder instead of backing up.
    didn't react properly to the sight of his colo. ( rax making rines; no reactor on the starport )
    building bunker instead of expanding.
    your BO was okay but can be better.

I hope it doesn't sound too arrogant.

Advertisement