Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second alarm panel in bedroom

Options
  • 02-03-2011 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an astec system in my house, standard system with alarm panel at front door.
    S80_Astec_Panel.jpg
    Is it possible to have a second control panel fitted in the main bedroom upstairs? The house was prewired for a standard alarm system.

Is it also possible to have a second functioning bell box fitted to the rear of the house?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes to both, and it doesn,t come any easier than with Astec.
    Foe the external bell it simply connects to the existing internal or external bells or straight to the panel. On the second bell cut the red loop to ID it as bell 2.
    In engineer enter 73 & press set when 1 2 displays.
    The same for the keypad.
    The ID is set by moving the link from 1 to 2.
    In engineer enter 71 & press set when 1 2 displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Thanks,

Any idea of a rough cost for parts and fitting? Ballpark figure is fine :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Keypad about € 70
    External bell about € 45

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have an astec system in my house, standard system with alarm panel at front door.
    S80_Astec_Panel.jpg
    Is it possible to have a second control panel fitted in the main bedroom upstairs? The house was prewired for a standard alarm system.

Is it also possible to have a second functioning bell box fitted to the rear of the house?

I would make sure you can get engineer access to the alarm system before you buy the keypad and bell. With out it you wont be able to add these devices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

S80_Astec_Panel.jpg

I had this done recently (2nd keypad fitted in bedroom) and its the best thing I ever did,very easy access to the alarm system from the bed,no more running back downstairs to arm the alarm and then running back up to bedroom.

Well worth doing,if your system allows it and you have the codes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paddy147 wrote: »
    I had this done recently (2nd keppad fitted in bedroom) and its the best thing I ever did,very easy access to the alarm system from the bed,no more running back downstairs to arm the alarm and then running back up to bedroom.

Well worth doing,if your system allows it and you have the codes too.

Plus with the panic built in it is also a good option to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Thanks guys, it's something I will get done soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

altor wrote: »
    Plus with the panic built in it is also a good option to have.

Oh yeah,I forgot about that bit.

Thanks.:)

Advertisement