Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College Green bus corridor, Dublin

• 02-03-2011 9:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Lads does anyone know if we're allowed through this thing? It'd make my trip home a fair bit shorter.

I know we're allowed up O'Connell st. and cars are banned from going up it, is it the same with this bus corridor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know if we're allowed through this thing? It'd make my trip home a fair bit shorter.

I know we're allowed up O'Connell st. and cars are banned from going up it, is it the same with this bus corridor?

Are they? Ive been driving up and down O'Connell Street without any problems. At any one time there is always lots of private cars driving on O'Connell Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Bobjims wrote: »
    Are they? Ive been driving up and down O'Connell Street without any problems. At any one time there is always lots of private cars driving on O'Connell Street.

They are, at least from the quays up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Nope, motorbikes are not allowed.
    dcc wrote:
    The scheme will operate from 7am to 10am each morning and from 4pm to 7pm each evening. During these periods, only public transport vehicles and bicycles will have access to the College Green location.

I agree though, if it were open it'd make my journey through town on the odd occasion that I'm there much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I've gone through it a few times, but never directly at rush hour times. I think the police presence there has gone now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

"During these periods, only public transport vehicles and bicycles will have access to the College Green location."

technically you're on a bicycle...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I've gone through it a few times, but never directly at rush hour times. I think the police presence there has gone now though.

No, there's usually a bike cop parked up directing cars out of it at rush hour.

If there wasn't I wouldn't give using it a second thought :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

correct me if Im wrong, but Im pretty sure the sign permits 'bikes' through it..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I go through it every morning and have never been stopped. If you get stopped, act dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I used that route everyday up to about 6 months ago and there is nearly always cops there at least during one of the "restricted" periods throughout the day. Very rarely did I not see a cop there. I have seen them stop and redirect bikes and also, stop and pull bikes in for a "chat".

"Bikes" permitted signs would refer to cyclists only. The same as cycle lanes are for bicycles only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Wossack wrote: »
    correct me if Im wrong, but Im pretty sure the sign permits 'bikes' through it..?

The problem is we're classified as Powered Two Wheelers (PTW) by law not Motorbikes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I've used it plenty if times and haven't been stopped. Use the right hand lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Don't the couriers get off and walk the bike through the bus corridor at rush hour? They're pedestrians then so don't get stopped :D

The restriction on O Connell St is at the top (the Parnell monument end) travelling south - cars must go left or right onto Parnell St, but buses, taxis and motorbikes can go straight onto O Connell St. The signage specifically mentions motorcycles.

Advertisement