Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O Halloran EXPENSES (ex mayor) Council expenses

• 02-03-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

:mad:
    (A) Anyone know what happened about our ex-mayor's 'expenses', mary o Halloran who booked herself and her husband a trip to NY courtesy of the Waterford tax payer? Last i recall, she gave some pathetic excuse that she was on a mission to keep Waterford Crystal open, dont make me laugh. Of course, we all know that even if that was true, a person cant work without her partner holding her hand. Afterall, i cant function in work without my wife by my side.

I do recall the City Council manager was going after the €8000 approx.

(B) is it time for all city councillors to be paid nothing and get €20 a month travel expenses as compensation. They already have free parking, invitations to all sorts of events in Waterford for themesleves and their families.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Last year mayor halligan foregoes the 1w car number plate. saving the extra 1000€ charge this year its back on the free car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Its 250 euro to book a number plate and the council hardly charge themselves?
    Where are you getting the €1000 from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The rate has increased to €1000 and yes they do have to charge ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

shes a disgrace, not in it for the good of the locality, only in it for herself, greed is a terrible thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Its 250 euro to book a number plate and the council hardly charge themselves?
    Where are you getting the €1000 from?

It costs at least €1000 I'd say, i got a new car recently and I can't give my exact reg out but it has "NPW" and "100" in it to celebrate my upcoming 100th post on here.

It cost me a bomb to be honest but worth every cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

does the NPW stand for NoPostWorth reading????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Along the same lines ...

Was chatting over the weekend with someone that services on a council committee representing voluntary groups (so a non paid volunteer on this committee) And he informed me that councillors he works with get € 4000 per year for their services . Oh thats 4k per committee and most are on at least 2.
    Also if they're chairperson its €6000 per year.
    How thats bad ...mad.
    But to really rub salt in the wounds at one stage last year I think , This committee organised a trip to Belgium or some other European country . Booking fights around the €500 mark each which was paid for by council expenses, When the man I was talking too enquired he was informed that himself and the other volunteer on the committee would have to pay their own way.

Ps He also asked about the prices of the flights and why they didn't get cheaper flights available (online etc ) ..He's still waiting for an answer ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

SUNGOD wrote: »
    does the NPW stand for NoPostWorth reading????
    One or two posts are kinda funny. Can imagine the proud head on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

newportwex wrote: »
    It costs at least €1000 I'd say, i got a new car recently and I can't give my exact reg out but it has "NPW" and "100" in it to celebrate my upcoming 100th post on here.

What county is NPW?? Congrats (I guess) on the big 1 double 0.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

newportwex wrote: »

I'd say you don't wear round neck jumpers either, i won't spell out the punch line....

• Advertisement
Advertisement