Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most of Tralee income comes from these Arabic students

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was talking with on of them and here is what he told me:

"there are 100 other student in the MCP(medical c~ programme) and each of us pays 18,000 euro for the ITT"

so I did the math and the sum is 1,800,000 euro

he also added that they get paid for 1800 euro monthly and most of it goes to dunnes.

so lets say then spend 500 euro for the place they live in and 300 euro for other stuff they do

that would be 800 x 100 = 80,000

So add them all up and you get 1,880,000 euro ONLY from these arabic people

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Your point?

You should be happy they are bringing some income to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

*pops in* Careful with this topic lads! All fine so far, just make sure it stays that way ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

xsizo wrote: »

"there are 100 other students in the MCP(medical c~ programme) and each of us pays 18,000 euro for the ITT"

so I did the math and the sum is 1,800,000 euro

he also added that they get paid for 1800 euro monthly and most of it goes to dunnes.

so lets say then spend 500 euro for the place they live in and 300 euro for other stuff they do

that would be 800 x 100 = 80,000

So add them all up and you get 1,880,000 euro ONLY from these arabic people

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Are you sure its 100 Arabic students? not just 100 students?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I'd hardly say 'most of Tralee income comes from these students' now... :D

Oh - I'm sure Arabic is actually a language ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Are you sure its 100 Arabic students? not just 100 students?

Most of the students on the Medical Commencement Programme are from Saudi Arabia, but some are also from Kuwait and Nigeria.

OP do you really think 1.9 million is MOST of Tralee's income? I'm sure plenty of businesses in Tralee make far more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

As I said on the TRALEE thread

Think you'll find that alot of them are Trainee Doctors (course in IT North Campus).

You might also find one of them looking over you on the operating table someday ! ;)

"there are 100 other student in the MCP(medical c~ programme) and each of us pays 18,000 euro for the ITT".........

The IT does very well out of this programme, if they get 18k from each student ?

amadain wrote: »
    As I said on the TRALEE thread

Think you'll find that alot of them are Trainee Doctors (course in IT North Campus).

You might also find one of them looking over you on the operating table someday ! ;)

A surgeon with an IT certificate or diploma?

No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

It's just some kinda introduction/foundation course for international students before they actually start a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

No money for the pubs though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭xsizo

yo wtf? why would you dig an 3 years old post. whats wrong with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

yo wtf? why would you dig an 3 years old post. whats wrong with you.
    The doc is now a qualified surgeon from the ITT & is performing hysterectomys on mice at NASA to see the effect on weightlessness in space flight. His classmate is flipping burgers in McDonald's

kn wrote: »
    No money for the pubs though!

What, Saudi's don't drink ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

We need as many foreign students as we can fit in the door, any non EU student has to pay very high tuition fees, let this subsidies all our students who are already paying increasing fees.

I have a friend from Bangladesh who's dad has paid over 50 grand on his education, most of which has been in Ireland.

Let's target people around the world to come here for payed education. They'll be moving here at a college age which means they're at the prime starting point of their working and spending lives, they're also highly intelligent, well motivated and good people. Purely from an economic point of view let's get more in.

Advertisement