Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG compatibility

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

I've been looking up lots of videos on how to increase the rate of fire on AEGs and I've done my fair share of looking at broken and working gearboxes so I', pretty sure of myself on doing work on them. However there seems to be a lot of issues regarding compatibilty between parts. So if I was to upgrade my JG 416 what parts should I use? Mainly looking at the piston, gears and maybe the switch/wiring. I know there's lots of tech-heads out there so someone should be able to help me! Thanks for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

How much do you want to spend and what do you want to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Thanks for the reply. Well basically I was looking at this...

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=623&category_id=61&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

but I'd be more than willing to spend more money if necessary. Complete oversight on my behalf I just remembered the casing is plastic :/ Would I have to replace it?

At this stage I'm considering selling because I've lots of gear that I don't use so the plan would be to sell it all and buy a nice new AEG. However I'd probably only do that if upgrading worked out too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Is there any particular reason you want to change the piston and gears? Because unless they're worn or broken, you'd just be buying them for the sake of buying them. Same with the wire loom. Unless its really cheap, thin wiring then I'd say leave it alone (Although I don't know what the wiring is like in JG guns).

I see you selected high speed gears, so I can only assume you are looking to increase your RoF. I would suggest you just put a high speed motor in your gun. A G&P M120 will work out cheaper and give your RoF a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Yeah I just want a little bit higher ROF. Thanks I'll do that so.

Advertisement