Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking a thread between different forums

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭

Perhaps someone has suggested this before and there is a good reason why it is not done, but I will go ahead and suggest it anyway. Not even sure if this is even the right place for this but here goes...

Can a thread exist is a number of different forums? The title of the thread would appear in the list of threads on two or more relevant forums (not sure what the plural is?) and link to the same place.

For example, this thread exists in the Commuting and Transport forum, but would also be relevant in the Infrastructure forum. If the link appeared in the Infrastructure forum, people who frequent Infrastructure but not Commuting and Transport would also be able to participate in the discussion. I am sure there are many other threads which are relevant to a particular forum but would also benefit from appearing in multiple forums (still doesnt sound right!) where a wider cross section of posters can contribute.

This would seem like something that would be fairly simple to do, but then I dont have a great understanding of how this site works. Anyway, let me know what you think. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

This can be done by starting a thread in one forum and getting a mod to move it to another. When moving threads, mods have an option to leave a redirect link pointing to the new thread.

That's probably the easiest way to do it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement