Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skull Girls discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actually, reading the blog entry this is their TEMPORARY char-select.

Still looks very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Not even temporary, it's the drawing of what the menu eventually will be.
    The character select is still the dodgy text only thing they've been showing at E3 and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/05/skullgirls-ms-fortune-scores-a-decap-attack/

Looks like Ms. Fortune will play similarly to Eddie or Carl Clover.

Man I'm looking forward to this game. Ms.Fortune looks like an awesome addition, which is a nice turnaround considering she used be the one character I thought looked awful from the old concept art.

• Advertisement

http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/12/shoryuken-skullgirls-exclusive-painwheel-revealed/
    Painwheel is sort of an “aerial dominance” character, and can fly using the Buer Drive blade in her back. Being full of rage, a lot of her normal attacks can be charged up, and damage she receives while charging them will be added to the attack when the button is released. Since she is in constant pain, she has a lot of brutal-looking moves, such as attacking with spikes that painfully erupt from her body or contorting herself in inhuman ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/questions-answers-thread.146958/page-32#post-6306352

If the game is half as good as Mike Z's posts about it lead me to believe it will be, I'll be a happy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

what you guys think the chance of this becoming a disc release in time if proves popular?

what you guys think the chance of this becoming a disc release in time if proves popular?

Wouldn't say there's much chance of it at all.

Reverge have basically said there's not going to be a disk release ever - and if there was it would be a loooong time coming.

• Advertisement

The full move list for ninja-nurse Valentine was recently posted on Dustloop.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/23/skullgirls-valentines-full-move-list-revealed/

She's got one really interesting super:

QCB+Tag=RESURRECTION!
    -Costs 5 bars
    -Stand over a fallen ally and revive them with defibrillators for like 25% health.
    LIVE! DAMN YOU, LIVE!

(For those not following Skullgirls much, when one of your characters dies, their corpse stays on the field.)
    5 meters is harsh, but getting a character back is pretty sick.

I spent almost the entirety of my trip to Cannes when not in tournaments playing this. So far it's looking to be the most fun fighting game I've ever played.

It's dead easy to pick up and has really smooth, tight controls. DooM will testify that it also looks a lot better in person than the videos online are showing.

Those worried about its small roster of 8 characters don't need to fret - due to Ms.Fortune being broken in the WGC build, Painwheel and Fillia being too technical for most people and Double not being revealed yet, almost everyone was just using Cerebella, Parasoul, Valentine and Peacock. Despite this it never got stale as every character has so many options (Cerebella has 12 specials and 3 supers - 6 of which are command grabs of various types).

You'll be doing yourself a big favour to get the trial of this when it drops next month. Every person who sat down and played it said it was one of the best fighters they'd ever played.

Also, the eighth character is purty:

Special highlight is her level 3 super at 1:40. There's some blink and you'll miss em cameos of not yet officially announced DLC characters Squigly, Umbrella, Mrs. Victoria and Black Dahlia.

why was ms.fortune broken in wgc build?

that Double looks crazy,loving all the morphing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    I spent almost the entirety of my trip to Cannes when not in tournaments playing this.

+1 on this, really really enjoyed what I played, and looking forward to checking out the chars in the training room.

I hear it being compared closely to Marvel 2, which I never played, but I'm hoping it ends up closer to street fighter.

If the metagame becomes about ridiculously long Blazblue or Marvel3 combos, I'll probably keep it solely for casual fun.

My time with it at WGC was more than enough for me to say "Shut up and take my money" to Mike-Z.
    why was ms.fortune broken in wgc build?

From what we heard, the game has an achievement related to disconnecting her head from her body; and in the dev build, the process of tracking whether you had gotten the achievement ground it to a halt.

It was fixed in the later days by the guys who had the dev kit just unlocking the achievement so the game wouldn't track it anymore.

I am also assuming it won't be an issue in the final build (which this wasn't)

I hear it being compared closely to Marvel 2, which I never played, but I'm hoping it ends up closer to street fighter.

If the metagame becomes about ridiculously long Blazblue or Marvel3 combos, I'll probably keep it solely for casual fun.

The game will definitely have long combos, but the infinite detection system prevents loops of the same inputs. In order to keep a combo going you have to keep changing up every sequence of attacks you throw out.
    Eventually you'll run out of variations on your loops and you'll have to end your combo, but with some work they still look like they can stretch out a good bit.

This page explains pretty clearly the limits of the combos possible: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Game_Systems#The_Infinite_Prevention_System
    From what we heard, the game has an achievement related to disconnecting her head from her body; and in the dev build, the process of tracking whether you had gotten the achievement ground it to a halt.

I am also assuming it won't be an issue in the final build (which this wasn't)

Yar, this has been fixed, as has the dodgy macro input issues we had in the hotel room.
    The version we had is a few weeks old because all later versions had Double in it and they didn't want to send over a version early with such a juicy reveal.

However, Mike Z did say that the frame dropping when a **** tonne of objects and characters are on screen is still an issue they haven't fixed and hope to either have it done by launch or soon after in a patch.

The game will definitely have long combos, but the infinite detection system prevents loops of the same inputs. In order to keep a combo going you have to keep changing up every sequence of attacks you throw out.

so no liu kang abc 123 x3 combos,i dig it

Also, achievements and trophies have been revealed. There's a couple of exclusive PSN trophies

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/skullgirls/achievements/

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/skullgirls/trophies/

And to save you looking it up, 'sesquidecemvir' means 15 things. I'm guessing that achievement is do a 15 hit combo that makes Double turn into each character at least once.

I'm liking these! :D

Marvel 2 combos are in general a lot shorter than Marvel 3 or BB Dave, apart from a handful of infinites.

Can't wait for this game, glad you had such a good time with it Sairus. Hyper than ever now.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Marvel 2 combos are in general a lot shorter than Marvel 3 or BB Dave, apart from a handful of infinites.

Good to know!

I was a guaranteed customer for this either way, I was just trying to honestly gauge how likely I am to get frustrated playing it in a tournament setting.

• Advertisement

The final 'box art' that was leaked in tiny thumbnail form a few months back has finally been shown off in full.

Fun fact, all the images in the poster aside from Double and Bloody Marie (chick with the glowy skull coming out of her back at the top) are actually sprites from the game. Fairly mad quality.

424731_292140810853420_132276963506473_765329_689041470_n.jpg

In celebration of the eighth character reveal I'm double posting.

Here's the SG sets we had in the hotel after WGC.

I'm on at 0:20:20 with Painwheel/Cerebella/Valentine and Cer/Val, then again with Cer/Val at 1:02:20.

I think Uberprinny gets his thing on at 0:13:10 with Cerebella/Parasoul/Peacock and at 0:58:40 with Par/Pea.

Any Parasoul/Peacock combination is probably Uberprinny

I'm actually finding it really hard to tell which player is me without a player cam, since I was more adventurous with character selection in the hotel room and I never figured out colour selection.

This was definitely me though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O56oMWI4lJE&t=0h17m55s

Best super!

I'm actually finding it really hard to tell which player is me without a player cam, since I was more adventurous with character selection in the hotel room and I never figured out colour selection.

This was definitely me though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O56oMWI4lJE&t=0h17m55s

Best super!

Ar, I updated my post with more accurate indicators of when we were on... the Level 3 being my only indicator when you were on at the start :pac:

So according to this Marketplace appearance, Skullgirls is dropping on April 4th: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Skullgirls/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111db (Go to page 2 of the Overview)

Neither Mike Z or Ravidrath over on SRK have confirmed the date. They've both said they're not allowed to announce it until MS gives the go ahead, and these sorts of launch date leaks have been wrong in the past.

Launch party erryday just became April 10th on PS3 and April 11th on 360. This time it was confirmed by Mike Z and Ravidrath over on SRK.

Also, Skullgals confirmed for handhelds in 2013: http://skullgirls.com/2012/04/skullgals-coming-to-handheldgaming-systems-in-early-2013/

6888159702_99d41e9a64_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Going to go right ahead and call april fools on that ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheMightyTM

Found myself getting hype for this game over the last few days. Right before final exams it's gonna be a baaad month

Reverge are issuing a bunch of sticks as prizes for some upcoming Skullgirls tourneys.
    Stunfest's is ****ing beautiful:

7047105061_f6641abcf0_z.jpg

Gonna have to win Evo Qualifier and trade the Vegas ticket for a France one. They let you do that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's a beautiful looking stick. Have you a link to the rest?

Advertisement