Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skull Girls discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Someone on Dustloop recently hacked open the game and has been ripping art assets and viewing some of its programming scripts. Mike Z had this to say:
    Here is an open challenge: I designed all the palette effects, which are in that text file you pasted. I am not great visually, and you can edit that file. So if any hacker wants to make a better on-fire effect for Parasoul than what's already there, take a video and if we like it we'll use it. For really real!

This game and its developers are too sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

YO Painwheel

That is all.

tumblr_m2lmakQUiw1qdcirao1_500.gif

Dear god that is a horrifying normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Surprisingly little Kiki in this thread since release.

What went wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Surprisingly little Kiki in this thread since release.

What went wrong?

Skullgirls.png

Too mainstream now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just gave the demo a spin there. It comes across as surprisingly dufficult at first. The lack of a moves list, or a pause function at all is a kick in the face. Still though, it does seem like good fun. Too early to say how much I like it as of yet though.

Oh, and that jazzy soundtrack? Get down! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    Just gave the demo a spin there. It comes across as surprisingly dufficult at first. The lack of a moves list, or a pause function at all is a kick in the face. Still though, it does seem like good fun. Too early to say how much I like it as of yet though.

Oh, and that jazzy soundtrack? Get down! :cool:

here ya go man...
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/skullgirls-complete-move-list.15809/

its not coming to psn EU till may 5th, the length of the combos kind of put me off but ill still give the demo a go when i can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

You hold the button to pause.

It's to stop people accidentally mashing pause when they mash their faces into the pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

here ya go man...

its not coming to psn EU till may 5th, the length of the combos kind of put me off but ill still give the demo a go when i can
    Voa wrote: »
    You hold the button to pause.

Thanking you kindly, good sir.

It's to stop people accidentally mashing pause when they mash their faces into the pad.

Ah, I see how that could be helpfull, I also see how it could be a real paing when trying to pause in the heat of battle.

On a sidenote- These characters are MENTAL!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

here ya go man...

That date is off, PSN updates on Wednesday in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Naphiel wrote: »
    That date is off, PSN updates on Wednesday in Europe.

your right,my bad its the 2nd

KKAPA.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Skullgirls.png

Too mainstream now.
    I laughed. :pac:

Nah it's family stuff.
    Tell you when I'm not super busy.

Laters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I laughed. :pac:

Nah it's family stuff.
    Tell you when I'm not super busy.

Laters.

Saw it on Facebook man =/

My thoughts are with your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://twitter.com/#!/Skullgirls/status/195589404016906241
    https://twitter.com/#!/Skullgirls/status/195589569968734208
    Even with a partial EU/ANZ release, #Skullgirls managed to sell over 50,000 copies in its first 10 days of release!
    We've started on the first updates, so stay tuned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I haven't got around to playing yet but I hope those updates are the characters and colours and what not. If they push out a balance patch within the year I will be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheMightyTM

I think Mike Z has specifically said he won't be balancing any characters for at least a year but there's certain things in the game that were mistakes like Parasoul's tear links not damage scaling properly and Double's assist being too invincible.

Mike Z said Parasoul's tears not being affected by damage scaling is intentional:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/parasoul-thread-target-down.146391/page-10#post-6832395

As for Double assist he's played against it and says its good but far from broken, people just haven't learned how to deal with it yet. There's blind spots above the assist and some characters can just duck right under it at a certain range

MikeZ said they weren't going to be balancing things like "omg Cerecopter is too powerful. Nerf time.", but actual unintentional glitches will probably be removed. A couple I can think of that I think Mike said they were going to remove:

Something to do with that Ms.Fortune rekka/omnomnom loop giving her head unintentional invincibility and the like which allows the loop to go on longer than it should.

There's a Marvel 2 style infinite available if you snap back a character and keep their assist on screen. The assist can't activate a burst, so the IPS will show that the assist is currently in an infinite but they can't break it.

DHCing out of Peacock's Argus Agony into Double's Car removes damage scaling from the last few hits of Argus. (Not a massive damage boost - 5% extra damage or something.)

A patch was released a few days ago, but all it did was remove a glitch with certain types of controllers (flight sticks and guitars) not being usable. This patch was submitted long before the game was actually released, so that's an indication of how long it takes for that **** to go through.

I imagine they're not going to release a glitch/feature patch until the first character is dropped at this stage so they can save on the costs of releasing a patch. It was mentioned that it takes about 2-3 months to finish a character and that they started on animating the first DLC character before the game released, so it'll probably be July or August or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheMightyTM

"Mike_Z said: ↑
    Just checked this, it's true! WHY THE FSCK didn't anyone mention this in the bugs thread? That's TOTALLY a mistake, nothing is meant to work this way. This will be fixed. Are there other cases?"

That's Mike talking about Paraoul's tears not scaling to team size.

I agree with you about Double but as far as I remember Mike said it would be a very minor change that wouldn't make much of a difference, not because it's too strong but because it was actually a mistake by the team.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »

There's a Marvel 2 style infinite available if you snap back a character and keep their assist on screen. The assist can't activate a burst, so the IPS will show that the assist is currently in an infinite but they can't break it.

He was saying on Ultrachen's stream that that infinite is intentional since it's so hard to do, as you have to combo both assist and point characters, then hit only the point character with the snapback and continue comboing the assist.

GorySnake wrote: »
    He was saying on Ultrachen's stream that that infinite is intentional since it's so hard to do, as you have to combo both assist and point characters, then hit only the point character with the snapback and continue comboing the assist.

Ah. That's a.. really strange design choice. :/

Considering one of the major points selling this game is the infinite prevention, to deliberately leave in an easily prevented infinite regardless of difficulty sounds pretty absurd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Killing an assist isn't really a proper infinite. Being able to combo assists indefinitely (if the point character isn't defending them) is pretty standard in the vs. series.

Skullgirls is now available on European PSN for €15.

EDIT: Also, a PC version has been confirmed to be in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PC confirmed.
    Steam confirmed.
    GFWL *not being used* confirmed.
    PS3-PC cross-platform play possibly confirmed.

Awesome.

Skullgirls changes

http://www.twitch.tv/themixup/b/318884964?t=169m58s

Some changes I saw/heard:

Throw tech window increased by 3 frames
    Assist now take 20% extra damage instead of 6%
    DHC freeze fixed, Tags count towards IPS
    Crouching and Standing are now the same in IPS
    DHC will maintain IPS
    Alpha Counter glitch fixed
    Priority of ground techs improved
    Hitbox glitch improved with 8 bit Mosaic
    Online quality improved.
    Parasoul tears now scale
    Double assist lost invuln and untechable knockdown (I thought it never had untechable knockdowns?)
    Ms. Fortune's Omnomnom flies away much farther now.

A little salty over Parasoul nerfs, with the IPS change and tear explosions now scaling she's gonna struggle to do damage I think, at least with my current baby combos that will no longer work. Overall happy with the changes though, the IPS change is a good step towards making the game less of a single player combo game and more reset based like Marvel 2, which Mike Z intended in the beginning

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/twzva/skullgirls_patch_infodemo/ full list here apparently

Painwheel: Pinion wheel input changed from d,d, K to d+ lighting legs (4 kicks in 35 frames) - THANK GOD. The amount of times I've accidentally input that in a combo and gotten owned for it

GorySnake wrote: »
    Tournament mode sounds great. Forced button check and kicking players back to controller select screen when a controller is removed is pretty clever.

Also interesting that there were a few balance changes put in there in addition to the errors and oversights Mike said they wanted to fix. Assist damage is fairly massive change.

Being able to skip Val's Lvl 3 animation is also a welcome addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Apart from the throw tech window increase, I am liking these changes.

Whoa, I completely overlooked that change to the IPS. That's a fairly drastic change right there.

I'm honestly pretty happy with that though. Combos were really starting to get a bit gratuitous and fun sapping. Now you at least get the chance of beating back a reset.

• Advertisement

Reading on the SRK forums, apparently MikeZ was made change Hornet Bomber by higher ups.

He originally said that he only wanted to change some invincibility properties on it (or something like that) because that was a mistake, but due to the massive outcry against it was told something had to be done about it.

Advertisement