Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

discussion group payment

• 02-03-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Does any one know when the payment for last years discussion group grant will be payed out and will it be the 1000 euro or less?Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Just back from discussion group was told money should be paid soon between 900 and 1000 eruo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i was told it would be the end of february, i too am just back from a group meeting ,but had to leave early so couldnt ask about it. Will it be paid in to our accounts or do we get a cheque?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

almost certainly have modulation out of it@8% so theyre taking modulation money out of modulation money

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

It should be going to bank ac ,but when?? Hopefully soon.

anyone hear anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dryan

there is a discussion group payment?? This is news to me...
    how do you qualify for it?
    how do you apply for it?

you have to go to 8 meetings during the year , ask your teagasc advisor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Waiting for payment as well. The only thing I could find on line was this article from February
    As many as 90% of applicants will receive their payment of between €900 and €1,000 each this month.

http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/tabId/401/itemId/8225/Discussion-groups-making-dairy-farms-more-efficien.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Was at a farm walk on monday and advisor said E971:D. But never mentioned modulation of 8%:mad:. So about E900 i reckon. But when it will arrive is anybodys guess. I guess tomorrow with new minister may try to bring a bit of good news and announce a date:o

5live wrote: »
    Was at a farm walk on monday and advisor said E971:D. But never mentioned modulation of 8%:mad:. So about E900 i reckon. But when it will arrive is anybodys guess. I guess tomorrow with new minister may try to bring a bit of good news and announce a date:o
    i hope you're right :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dryan

whelan1 wrote: »

At what time of the day/night do these discussion groups usually meet up?
    How long do meetings usually last?

As a part time farmer, i would like to take part but first i would have to see how it fits in around my day job.

ours are at 11am usually and a couple at 8pm, 11am ones are usually farm walks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

can 2people from the same farm claim or would their have 2be seperate herd no.s

they get your creamery supply number aswell , so i dont know ask your local teagasc advisor

im in a seperate group than the auld man- hes feed up with his group he reckons its not as professional as the one im in-i dont get paid but was wondering if i could-i never asked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

stanflt wrote: »
    can 2people from the same farm claim or would their have 2be seperate herd no.s

we get two under the partnership, but in general it is only one per herd no..
    has to be a registered milk production partnership.

have you seperate herd numbers ? there are 2 people from a couple of farms in our group but they claim as one , mostly only 1 of them goes to the meeting

have you seperate herd numbers ? there are 2 people from a couple of farms in our group but they claim as one , mostly only 1 of them goes to the meeting

no only one herd no:(

I think its linked to SFP. If only one SFP payment then only 1 payment. You must attend 9 meetings a year and host a meeting on your own farm at least once during the remaining 2 years among things like profit monitors and grazing plans. Each participant can nominate another person to attend meetings for them so the total attendance is 9 including certain open days like moorepark. The dept website probably has a list of teagasc and non teagasc groups

anyone hear anything :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Yesterday's Farming Indo had a small article in it which said that the payment will come in the next few weeks - between €900 and €1000

feck missed that , thanks

Still no payment . what a joke it is .Was ment to be payed last december.

have group meeting wednesday will ask

asked advisor today and he said thats a good question and moved on:confused:

anyone hear anything , its a joke at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

yeah i heard something,the weather is fine for the weekend.

At our discussion group meeting on monday a guy asked and was told no comment and moved quickly on. Its gone beyond a joke and into farce now. Then again, we never pushed for a payment date so they arent going to be pushed to pay it out:mad:

5live wrote: »
    At our discussion group meeting on monday a guy asked and was told no comment and moved quickly on. Its gone beyond a joke and into farce now. Then again, we never pushed for a payment date so they arent going to be pushed to pay it out:mad:
    seems to be what they have been told so... it would annoy you , as i could really do with the money at the minute before the milk cheque comes in

• Advertisement

any one hear anything , doesnt look like we are going to get the money at all:mad:

I got cross last week and rang my local government minister to find out anything at all, even the amount due. The woman i got talking to eventually hadnt a bogs notion what i was talking about. She said she would ring me back in a day or 2. Somehow, that response reminds me of a previous government:mad:. The more things change the more they stay the same:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was talking to the local teagasc adviser 2 weeks ago and they said it would be out in the next 2 weeks.Still no where to be seen , its a joke at this stage.:confused:

Was talking to the local teagasc adviser 2 weeks ago and they said it would be out in the next 2 weeks.Still no where to be seen , its a joke at this stage.:confused:
    at this stage i will believe it when i see it.... i like my discussion group meetings and i learn a hell of alot from going to them , the fact there is a payment is a good incentive to make the effort to go

in the journal today that payment is to be made first week of may:D

minister coveney announced today that payments have commenced:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

minister coveney announced today that payments have commenced:)

It's about time too , although I wont count my chickens until the cash is in the bank :pac:

Mrmoe wrote: »
    It's about time too , although I wont count my chickens until the cash is in the bank :pac:
    same here

Still no sign of it . Thought it might have payed last night .Did anyone get their payment.?Teagasc may wait another while for their anual fees then.

no sign... at this stage i am well fed up:mad:

Still no sign of it . Thought it might have payed last night .Did anyone get their payment.?Teagasc may wait another while for their anual fees then.
    wont be in on monday either:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

may I ask why anyone would be entitled to a payment for just being part of a discussion group. Is it coming under the 2nd pillar of CAP or what. How could such a payment be justified to Joe public? Is this payment made to all discussion groups ie cereals,sheep, beef etc aswell

its under the dairy efficiency programme

not in today either:mad:

€897 in my account this morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

Me too

WAYHEY.......:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

Finally. They're only about four months late.

Advertisement