Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New and Improved Lion Bar

Options
  • 02-03-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a "New and Improved" Lion Bar yet? I've never been so diappointed after eating something that was covered in chocolate, they're awful! It's like a diet bar inside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Snacks & Sweets

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Oh Christ.. What was wrong with the old one?!

They did this to Time Out's recently too. It's tiny, more wafer, less chocolate. Smaller bar..

They even have it in a light blue wrapper now, so it looks extra healthy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I loved Lions. I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

They're alot smaller then I remember, still nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Haven't seen Lion bars around for yonks! Not that I was looking, though :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Lornen wrote: »
    Oh Christ.. What was wrong with the old one?!

They did this to Time Out's recently too. It's tiny, more wafer, less chocolate. Smaller bar..

They even have it in a light blue wrapper now, so it looks extra healthy. :rolleyes:

Oh remember the old chumky time outs nom nom nom.. Bring them back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

There is a new NEW and improved Lion Bar out at the mo and it's the nicest one yet imo! Nice and chewy, not too flaky or wafery. Definitely my go-to bar when I want a hit of chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 greenwicklow

Has anyone had a "New and Improved" Lion Bar yet? I've never been so diappointed after eating something that was covered in chocolate, they're awful! It's like a diet bar inside.

It's not like before. They've all changed, the lion bars, the kit kats, the snickers, the yorkies... it's all sugar and biscuit-E like. Even the miniscule lindt chocs all rubbish now. Now it's just profit and addiction. Its a mad rush of which company can light your brain like a pin ball machine with all that sugar. Same with the quality street chocs... remember the purple ones... and the triangular green ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

'New & Improved' these days in the world of confectionery usually really means
    'smaller and less sugar / calories'.

In the immortal words of Garfield:
    'and to think, all this time I was eating 'old and inferior'...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

whiskeyman wrote: »
    'New & Improved' these days in the world of confectionery usually really means
    'smaller and less sugar / calories'.

In the immortal words of Garfield:
    'and to think, all this time I was eating 'old and inferior'...

For chocolate products it usually means "less cocoa solids and laced with soya" also, these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement