Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converting a Playstation 2 Kiosk to a Street Fighter 2 style cabinet

• 02-03-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Here she is

SPM_A0033.jpg

Your thoughts ?, is it more hassle then its worth ?. Right now I just have a PS2 in it with Capcom Classics Collection in it (which has the first 3 versions of SF2 on it), its nice an all ....

cabinet01.jpg

But not as nice as this :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

That isn't the one from the trinity building beside Pearse st station in Dublin is it?
    I've walked by a disused one (its in a rec room/canteen near the window)going to my train each day for aaages .I Kept meaning to ask if it was for sale (as it looked unused).Anyway today the place looks like its being done up and the stand was gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

That isn't the one from the trinity building beside Pearse st station in Dublin is it?

Nope, from the chill out room were I work, they were gonna throw it out about a year ago so I said Id take it off em :).

heh good stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That looks really lovely! I wouldn't be converting that into anything, looks great as is.

If you don't want it then sell it and put the money towards buying a JAMMA cabinet..which you can then turn into a SF cab.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This really is the wrong forum for this thread, gonna move it somewhere more appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 memoli

My dream to have this type of box. But unfortunatelly is too late !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

memoli wrote: »
    My dream to have this type of box. But unfortunatelly is too late !

Married?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 memoli

Yes, I am married and 36 year old, have a son.

Master of the Universe

Yhave a son.

There's your ticket to getting an arcade machine. Just convince your son he needs one for Christmas ;)

Well you can join myself and Ciderman as people who have to sneak consoles / bags of games into the house incase the "boss" sees them and goes off on one:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thats no Excuse! Im 32, have two kids and have one.. nearly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Excuses needed are not, just tell her it's happening. Scream & shout all you wan't, it wont budge the chipboard behemoth that now resides in the house.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Excuses needed are not, just tell her it's happening. Scream & shout all you wan't, it wont budge the chipboard behemoth that now resides in the house.

Exactly lets see a mere woman lifting a 600kg sit down Daytona cab out of the house:D

Master of the Universe

And if there's one thing we all know about women, it's that they can't lift big heavy objects on their own :D

pdbhp wrote: »
    Exactly lets see a mere woman lifting a 600kg sit down Daytona cab out of the house:D
    o1s1n wrote: »
    And if there's one thing we all know about women, it's that they can't lift big heavy objects on their own :D

Just bring it in when they're outta the house, from then on there's nothing that can be done. You might need ear plugs for a few days, but like all women, they give out for the sake of it. Give it a week of two & during the ads for Fair City you'll hear Space Invaders firing up all on it's own ;):p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't underestimate the power of the opposite sex, they don't need to lift things out of the house, they just threaten the withholding of "favours" and you'll lift it out for them.
    If that doesn't work, they wait til your at work, take a small axe to it and take the thing out in easy to carry amounts, and burn the results on the front lawn.#

Crafty buggers Women, they are pretty, smell lovely but boy, are they crafty...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't underestimate the power of the opposite sex, they don't need to lift things out of the house, they just threaten the withholding of "favours" and you'll lift it out for them.
    If that doesn't work, they wait til your at work, take a small axe to it and take the thing out in easy to carry amounts, and burn the results on the front lawn.#

Crafty buggers Women, they are pretty, smell lovely but boy, are they crafty...

Hmm, Cider does raise a good point. Arcade coolness, or biological duties...hmm :P

Master of the Universe

'Come to bed dear....'

'But! But!....it's the final boss!!!!'

/spends the night on the couch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    'Come to bed dear....'

'But! But!....it's the final boss!!!!'

/spends the night on the couch.

Or more realistically,

/clears final boss then spends night on the couch with big grin

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Or more realistically,

/clears final boss then spends night on the couch with big grin

:pac:

If you think about it its a win win situation but with the game having the ace up its sleeve

1: Go to bed = big grin when your finished ;)

Vs

2: Keep Playing = Big grin when your finished
    And the final boss doesn't want 2 cuddle at the end! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Lads come on, Play the game while getting the other. Problem solved. :pac:Thats how i Roll.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Lads come on, Play the game while getting the other. Problem solved. :pac:Thats how i Roll.

Word of warning before anyone try's this............... Jumping up with excitement when you beat the game will result in tears :eek:

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well you can join myself and Ciderman as people who have to sneak consoles / bags of games into the house incase the "boss" sees them and goes off on one:pac:
    I am a fully paid up member of this club:)

keithgeo wrote: »

Brilliance...real life lol-alert :pac:

I am a fully paid up member of this club:)

Bring home something 2 distract her at the same time :D

Clohane wrote: »
    Bring home something 2 distract her at the same time :D

"Quick look, a pink puppy blowing bubbles across the road!!!!"

Wife goes to check out this mythical event, while you shuffle in twin sit down racer, & plant it in the sitting room.

Wife returns

"I didn't see any pup....WTF IS THAT?"

Your response?

"What do you mean what is it? YOU bought it for me a while back rmemeber?"

Confusion ensues. Once confusion sets it, you can manipulate the situation from there out easily. The hard part is the distraction, but pink puppies blowing bubbles generally works well.

"Quick look, a pink puppy blowing bubbles across the road!!!!"

Wife goes to check out this mythical event, while you shuffle in twin sit down racer, & plant it in the sitting room.

Wife returns

"I didn't see any pup....WTF IS THAT?"

Your response?

"What do you mean what is it? YOU bought it for me a while back rmemeber?"

Confusion ensues. Once confusion sets it, you can manipulate the situation from there out easily. The hard part is the distraction, but pink puppies blowing bubbles generally works well.

You've a tough 1 :D

"Puppy Outside" does me, cue a rush outside followed by 5 minutes of looking ;)

Title of this thread should be changed too "Smuggling stuff into the house Without Herself Noticing" we've all forgotten about the OP's question :D

Or a better name again,

"How to use puppies to your arcade advantage"

Or a better name again,

"How to use puppies to your arcade advantage"

Fictional or not :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement