Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters

• 02-03-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is it only the ones that got elected the weekend that haven't bothered to take down their posters.

I was coming across the ORR and the posters of Halligan, Deasy and Conway were the only ones still up.

Are these 3 something special that they don't have to take them down?

Also, i have noticed that the ones who have taken theirs down have left all the tie wrap cables still on the poles.

Surely this accounts as littering.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Deadline is Friday. If you see any around after this date, ring either the City Council or the County Council to report them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

what do you expect from them fine gael fellas, one a fella who has a chip on his shoulder with the world and the other a big yes man for kenny from Portlaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My husband is out taking them down for one of the elected candidates today and he's taking the ties with him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

deisemum wrote: »
    My husband is out taking them down for one of the elected candidates today and he's taking the ties with him.

Good to hear he's doing the proper job, the vast majority of all the partys and non partys for that matter leave the ties up! :mad:

I personally think they should all be forced to use a certain colour cable tie and if they are found up they get fined same as the posters as its affectively littering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

And the ones who put them up first, why werent they secured properly? Have seen a few after falling off poles. There a waste of money i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

STIG83 wrote: »
    And the ones who put them up first, why werent they secured properly? Have seen a few after falling off poles. There a waste of money i think.

In fairness cable ties on those plastic posters were no match for the strong winds we had during the first week or two the posters were up.

The cable ties just ripped through the plastic board on the posters causing them to come loose, others are often ripped down by people and/or kids and left on the ground.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lots of Halligan posters up there Adam. :P

Some of the election posters that have been taken down so far are not taking the cable ties with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

did Kenneally get elected? :D:D:D:D:D:D

old gregg wrote: »
    did Kenneally get elected? :D:D:D:D:D:D

No :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Cabaal wrote: »
    I personally think they should all be forced to use a certain colour cable tie and if they are found up they get fined same as the posters as its affectively littering

I'd just ban them entirely, and have a few designated locations for political posters.

Lamp posts are for lamps, not for posters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dayshah wrote: »
    Lamp posts are for lamps, not for posters.

I see what you did there. Excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Sully wrote: »
    Lots of Halligan posters up there Adam. :P

So are Joe Tobin posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Some lads are taking the poster but leaving the ties up.
    This is littering.
    This must end now!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

seanybiker wrote: »
    I see what you did there. Excellent
    Thanks, I thought of it a while ago. Now I finally had my chance to use it :D

I think they should ban election posters and I don't think they influence peoples votes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think they should ban election posters and I don't think they influence peoples votes.

Well I tell ya, when I saw the poster about running the government like a business I decided "Feck this, im voting Fine Gael!". ;)

subz3r0 wrote: »
    So are Joe Tobin posters.

There so small, I find it hard to see them tbh. :p

A lot of candidates still have them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Yeah they should be banned from the city streets, they have their ugly communion pics up all over red square, on the quays, reginalds tower, the mall in places where we are trying to put forward a good image instead we have fat and useless politicians.

Any they put up near my road, i took down personally and into the green bin cut up into 3/4 pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The big parties are generally the ones who leave the cable ties because they don't reuse their posters and it's easier for them to just tear down the poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

+1 They never influence me how to vote, or anyone I know come to think of it. Sure don't we get enough leaflets through the door too..?

Ban them all, and give some unemployed people a bit of work taking down ALL posters and cable ties :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Just seen 2 posters still hanging up on me way to work belonging to Kenneally.
    Anyone know where i can report these.
    Email address preferably.

Cheers

cococoady wrote: »

Cheers

City or County? I think reports need to be done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Sully wrote: »
    City or County? I think reports need to be done over the phone.

City.
    One on the ORR (just before the tramore rd roundabout coming from 6 cross rds) and the other was just off the Ballycashin roundabout heading for Ballybeg (the road that was closed off for the last year)

I see Declan Waters still has one or two posters up around the city, he appears to think littering is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

Paudie Coffey,Ciara Conway and Brendan Kenneally still have posters up

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Cheers

I saw 2 on the Cariickphierish Road today, up at the top by Blackberry Fields, but I could almost swear they weren't there yesterday. Could there be a bit of "messing" going on and people hangiong up posters again so the politician/party will get fined?

City.
    One on the ORR (just before the tramore rd roundabout coming from 6 cross rds) and the other was just off the Ballycashin roundabout heading for Ballybeg (the road that was closed off for the last year)

Environmental Services,
    Waterford City Council, Menapia Building, The Mall, Waterford.
    or email it to hdunphy@waterfordcity.ie

Tel : 051-849563

OR

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/contact/index.htm

Advertisement