Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defusing female fight

• 02-03-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi,

I was recently involved in a fight where some female members of a 'rough' part of town started a drunken argument with some of my female friends from home. I don't drink myself so when I seen the first signs of an argument starting I tried my best to talk sense into people but it was like talking to a wall that could shout garbage back. Things got pretty savage pretty quickly but I found the only thing I could do was try to drag my friends away and try to get to safety but that didn't work at all!

The worst thing about the situation was my friends know I study a wide range of martial arts and i'm a big fella so they tore chunks out of me afterwards for not stopping it!!

So just wondering if anybody here has any advice in case this kind of thing ever happens again?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm not being a smart arse or anything, but the next time you see females fight on the street - leave 'em to it and call the cops.

I've never seen anything more vicious that a girl fight, and if they lock hair - forget about it, nothing will get them apart until one of them comes away with a fist full of hair.

They're savages when they fight, and will use anything as a weapon.

Leave 'em to it every time!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Its all equal rights now! If somebody attacks you physically, defend yourself physically, regardless of sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As Makikomi says, guys are bad in a fight, women are HORRIBLE!

One of the guys who used to teach my TKD has a scar on his shin from the first and only time he tried to stop a female fight where the woman he was dragging away dug her stilleto as deep as she could scraped it down. He needed stitches and all.

Girls wanna fight, leave em at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Falcon punch.

Seriously though, did your friends call security, the guards, leave the area etc? Or were they happy to give it loads, hoping you'd back them up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Hi,

Thanks for the replies everyone, I forgot to mention that the guards were called but didn't arrive before the argument resolved itself. Didn't know what to think of this afterwards but I suppose the guards do have a hell of a lot to deal with on weekend nights!

I was worried that the reply would be to leave everyone at it themselves, a friend of mine who is a bouncer said thats pretty much the standard procedure in some niteclubs as its very easy to get in trouble if you lay your hands on a women in an argument even if they are about to kill someone! I suppose i'm kind of relived at the same time as it means I won't get another fistful of hair ripped off my head, you really hit the nail on the head there Makikomi when you said a womens grip doesn't loosen itself!! And RedXIV, that injury sounds horrible!!

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Clive wrote: »
    Falcon punch

Dude, you're an hero.

TheSegal wrote: »
    a friend of mine who is a bouncer said thats pretty much the standard procedure in some niteclubs as its very easy to get in trouble if you lay your hands on a women

Nothing to do with getting into trouble, its just impossible to stop them fighting and most doorstaff won't bother trying - I don't unless a girl is getting a really severe hiding.

As for the grip/fistful of hair - I call it the 'grip of death' :D

A girl on girl fight is very, very nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

i worked in clubs for years and in some really nasty places where even the pitbulls walk around in pairs for safety . i was hit on the side of the head as well with a high heel shoe lucky the mark is within my hair line . i was also stuck with a broken bottle in the back by a girl . ( please remember i worked in the roughest of places {and got paid alot of money} to work in these places)

well in my opinion , and it is only my opinion . I would try separate them and only place hands on my friend side . the second you try restrain 1 of the other side all hell would break loose . and you will be the victim of an all out attack . not only that but if you touch 1 of them and she gets "hurt" then when the garda get there your in a lot of trouble

as for equal rights and all of that . i would never hit a girl unless my well being or safety was at risk and even at that would do everything in my self restraint not too .

to summise :

its a no win situation .

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

I'm not being a smart arse or anything, but the next time you see females fight on the street - leave 'em to it and call the cops.

I've never seen anything more vicious that a girl fight, and if they lock hair - forget about it, nothing will get them apart until one of them comes away with a fist full of hair.

This is good advise, i once had to take a guy to hospital to get a shoe removed from his head, it could have killed him, the girl put her hand in the toe part and used it like a hammer..

OLDMAN1 wrote: »
    This is good advise, i once had to take a guy to hospital to get a shoe removed from his head, it could have killed him, the girl put her hand in the toe part and used it like a hammer..

I've seen high heels used more than once by a woman against someone - in fact always against another man, including my own brother who was hospitalized after a woman dug her high heel into the back of his head.

I've also seen them use glasses, bottles, high heels, ash trays and once even seen a girl attempt to stab a bouncer in the face with her lighting cigarette.

I've seen them spit, scrab and bite.

Madness altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

sounds like an average night in some of the places i worked lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You're steven seagal - teep to the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I've seen high heels used more than once by a woman against someone - in fact always against another man, including my own brother who was hospitalized after a woman dug her high heel into the back of his head.

I've also seen them use glasses, bottles, high heels, ash trays and once even seen a girl attempt to stab a bouncer in the face with her lighting cigarette.

I've seen them spit, scrab and bite.

Madness altogether.

Eh, lads to that too though, not just women, humans are humans and fighting is fighting.

Chris89 wrote: »
    Eh, lads to that too though, not just women, humans are humans and fighting is fighting.

Thats not comparing like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

A mate of mine(girl) was involved in a fracas outside an unnamed northside ngiht club.And i know this is said all the time but she really had nothing to do with the situation she was accused of.Another fat knacker (girl)just saw her as an easy target and went after her,probably to bolster her street cred.
    Another mate (bloke)stepped in to stop it and ended up being the fat slags punch bag.
    He's ,shall we say, a gentleman and in no way retaliated.To put it lightly he was made a laughing stock.Was on teh ground getting kicked in the head and stomped.He sustained 2 black eyes,bruised ribs and didnt go to work for a week cos he looked liek a MESS!!

Now i would never hit a lady but a fat slag like above is different.If a woman came at me like that ,court/gardai or whatever i would have no hesitation about putting her lights out.She'd get treated like a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭antybots

I can think of three scenarios and how I think I would react to all of them.

A) If the girls involved are strangers, I would ignore it even if someone is getting a right hiding.

B) If I was in the company of someone who was involved, I would try to separate them by putting myself in between them and pulling my mate away. If I got a slap, that would be fair enough, but if I got properly attacked I would hit back.

C) If someone hit my missus, I would hit them.

Hopefully none of this ever happens as I don't fancy ending up in court or in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The first gaff I ever did security was Funderland and there were two girls who ended up in an unmerciful brawl. By the time we managed to get things calmed down the pair of them had their hair completely intertwined with the other girl's rings (and they were wearing lots of rings.) The two of them had to be taken up to the office to have their hair cut out of their hands; thankfully they were the best of buds by the end of it all!

Another one I saw was in London where a girl got such a hiding off a group of other girls her eye popped out of her socket, like a pair of those spring glasses you used to get in the joke shop. As a doorman myself I've only had one full on scrap between women which was defused by leaping between them and roaring my head off. That having been said, there's a vast gulf of difference between those college girls and some of the yokes that be around town.

You can attempt to break things up, but you will get a smack. And chances are you're going take a few annoyingly-painful bony fists to the face before it gets wound down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 simon-king

TheSegal wrote: »
    The worst thing about the situation was my friends know I study a wide range of martial arts and i'm a big fella so they tore chunks out of me afterwards for not stopping it!!

With all due respect to your friends..I think that was entirely unfair. From what you describe, it looks like it was an argument that escalated to violence as opposed to being out and out set upon... Why didn't they just walk away?? On the face of it they actually placed you into a dangerous situation and should be apologising to you for same..

In the case of your friends, you could rightfully 'tear chunks' out of them for their behaviour ... and you shouldn't have to endure a repeat of that night if they pay heed..

In the case of anyone else (re female fighting), it's a public order issue and as was said already, the gardaí can deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

Street violence like this, whether women or men, is usually drink-based and best avoided at all costs. As martial artsist we must recognise that its not a game and even a innocent push or shove against somebody drunk might cause them to fall and get seriously injured. We all know this happens. So are you willing to explain to the gardai... "Yes I've studied MA for 5 years and couldn't walk away form a couple of drunk idiots. Sorry one of them didn't know how to fall safely". Let bouncers/gardai deal with it and keep your eyes open for trouble and enjoy the night out.

But crap does happen and so maybe its preferable to take a few slaps rather than a less trained friend/girlfirend/partner. Learning good "fence" postures will help a lot. Also always be aware that no matter how well trained you are, your friends could easily become a chink in your armour so get to know their behaviour and how they're likely to behave. Human-behaviour observation is massively important here.

On a related note, two of my students are women with long hair..... this is often their undoing in class and they've gradually learned to tie it back and strategically work with this weeakness to their advantage. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Well my mother always thought me never to hit a woman, but she didn't said anything about choking a bitch.

Rear naked, or arm triangle choke until the "lady" in question goes to sleep. Nothing calms the fairer sex like waking up wondering why she's pissed herself.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement