Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buggy bootcamp

• 02-03-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Does anyone know about any buggy bootcamps for mums? preferably in the dun laoghaire area? thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have never heard about one before.
    Not sure if they exist...

I use to ask random strangers could I try out their buggies and ask them how they found them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

oh no im not looking for a buggy:D i mean the exercise classes where you all exercise outside with your buggies, if anyone knows who i can contact about it that would be great, want to try and shape up now the weather is getting nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I use to ask random strangers could I try out their buggies and ask them how they found them:)

I want to do this! I think it would worry people slightly less when they catch me staring intently at their buggy! I think I may have to wait until I have a bump that's noticeable for what it is though before I'd feel randomers (especially on the Luas) would trust me to have a push of their buggy!!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The zoo was great for it:)
    Come to one of our social gatherings and try out all of our buggies.

Ah sorry,they sound like a great idea:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The zoo was great for it:)
    Come to one of our social gatherings and try out all of our buggies.

Ah sorry,they sound like a great idea:)

Ye see, I can now go to the zoo and not feel embarrassed by my crappy buggy! Gone are the days of my NeoNato... oh how I miss it... I love buggies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

There is a good one, but it's in Charlesland/Greystones (county Wicklow) at the sports centre. I did it with my first baby and it was pretty good. You do laps of the track pushing the buggy, alternating between fast walking and jogging and then do exercises with the buggy, lunges etc and then a bit of work on a mat with the buggy besides you. If you're lucky, baba should sleep through the whole thing! Then you get a cup of tea afterwards and have a chat with the other Mums. I think it was a reasonable price and you can do it more than once a week if you want.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Jesus this sounds like a great idea :D

I'll be watching this thread lol :D

Edit: Ta Daaaaa http://buggybootcamp.ie/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

There's a business idea if there are any newly qualified sporty people out there! The girl that ran ours is employed by the council and all she had to do really is supervise us and tell us what to do. She was very good, but there's not much to it.

Maybe a group of Mums in your area could get together and as long as you have enough cop on about taking it easy (so as not to get injured) warm up enough etc,find a nice place to do it in etc, then it will be a fun way to meet other Mums and free too!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Actually there is such a thing already. Myself and the wife were out walking our 2 month old baby girl and she seen the signs for it.

See if I can find a link ... Here it is : http://www.bootcampformums.ie/index.html

Not sure bout locations or prices etc. Mrs Irishman decided not to go for it cos she's back doing pilates and swimming instead so I can't offer any references

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

€99 is a bit pricey why not go to your local park and do laps with your buggy but without the hefty price tag and why not drag a friend along for moral support :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement