Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sink The Bismarck

• 02-03-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has tried Brew Dog's Sink The Bismarck yet? And if so how did it taste?
    I've seen it in a pub and had a look at it. It cost €80 though so had to give it back and hope somebody gets me a bottle for my birthday.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

KJ wrote: »
    It cost €80 though so had to give it back and hope somebody gets me a bottle for my birthday.

Could get fights and access to London for the Great British beer festival for around that, much better use of that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

KJ wrote: »
    I've seen it in a pub and had a look at it. It cost €80 though so had to give it back and hope somebody gets me a bottle for my birthday.

Was that Against the Grain by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Yeah thats exactly where it was. Good pub.

Great pub yeah.

Personally I would not bother with it. Certainly not at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

€90 for a bottle of beer? Madness.

Strongest beer I've had was a 17ish% stout (it was 14 years ago) at a beer fest. I remember it tasted something along the lines of used motor oil mixed with diesel. Best avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I cant imagine how that beer would taste. It's mad money to pay but I wouldn't say no if someone bought one for me! Some of the BrewDog beers are released just for the hype they create. However, I am a big fan of them.

For around 10% of the price - their Tokyo* stout is amazing

DBCyc wrote: »
    I cant imagine how that beer would taste. It's mad money to pay but I wouldn't say no if someone bought one for me! Some of the BrewDog beers are released just for the hype they create. However, I am a big fan of them.

For around 10% of the price - their Tokyo* stout is amazing

Seconded and it's a far more reasonable sum of money too ;)

Advertisement