Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to cancel eircom account

Options
  • 02-03-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

looking to cancel my eircom account as changing provider as eircom seems to be one of the derest companies now ,

is there any fee's if i cancel ect....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

The silence to this post is deafeing. I would like an answer from Eircom on this one also. I have a landline and I pay a rental fee and over two months I make 8 euro of calls and it costs me 48 including the line rental. 40 euro on a mbile can get me a lot of calls. Crazy arrangement but there you go. I phoned up Eircom and they suggested me a new package and were to email details which they never did. So now its too little too late.
    Is Eircom trying to shrug off customers? If you are, it seems to be working so please let us know how to terminate ur account and ar there fees involved?. How do I cancel my accounts with you? (I also have broadband with you).
    Cheers.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

antocann wrote: »
    looking to cancel my eircom account as changing provider as eircom seems to be one of the derest companies now ,

is there any fee's if i cancel ect....?

Hi antocann
    if you DM me your line details I can advise you if charges will be applied to your account for early cancellation or not.
    Tony

enfield wrote: »
    The silence to this post is deafeing. I would like an answer from Eircom on this one also. I have a landline and I pay a rental fee and over two months I make 8 euro of calls and it costs me 48 including the line rental. 40 euro on a mbile can get me a lot of calls. Crazy arrangement but there you go. I phoned up Eircom and they suggested me a new package and were to email details which they never did. So now its too little too late.
    Is Eircom trying to shrug off customers? If you are, it seems to be working so please let us know how to terminate ur account and ar there fees involved?. How do I cancel my accounts with you? (I also have broadband with you).
    Cheers.
    Tom.
    Hi enfield
    apologies for not replying to this post earlier, our hours on Boards.ie are from 11:00 to 16:00, however we normally get to posts posted outside of this time by the next morning.
    If you PM me your line number I can advise you if charges will be applied or not. This can differ from one account to another depending on if customer is still within contract or not.
    PM me you rdetails and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

pm sent to tony

thanks

antocann wrote: »
    pm sent to tony

thanks

Thanks autocann
    have recieved your details and will chase now.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Thank you Tony.
    PM sent.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

hope it's ok to jump on this thread!
    I also wish to cancel my eircom account asap can you nice mods do it? or tell me the easiest method possible.
    It's a landline account, and I'm paying line rental and yet only getting a split line with no possibility of broadband in any shape size or form and I'm sick of paying for something that offers so little. :(
    thanks guys

no point in sending pm till monday i guess. :)

Many thaks to Tony for all his help.
    Its very much appreciated. All is now sorted.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lusher

Ammmmm.....why was my reply to this post deleted :confused: ...ohhh...hold on, maybe it was because I gave details of my own personal experience whereby I cancelled my account without incurring any fees, and I'm only 3 months into my contract. A secret/loophole held close to the chests of those in Eircom. Whichever Eircom mod/ Boards mod that removed my post....did ye ever hear of FREEDOM OF SPEECH? :mad: I merely stated an account of what happened to me i.e. the truth with NO falsification of any sort. The people deserve to know what they're entitled to. Won't be posting here anymore...whats the point? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I called Eircom yesterday having looked through my latest bill. I am being charged €65.82 plus VAT for broadband that's €79.64.

With some of the children gone I wanted to cut the cost by reducing broadband speed. That would save about €20 per bill. But they want to charge me €25 for doing so unless I agree to a 12 month contract.

I have been getting calls from other providers who would give me the same savings and I would not have to bear the €25 penalty.

Eircom do not seem to be willing to keep my business by reviewing my package without charging this penalty. This is annoying me and may impel me to move.

Another point: My package includes calls to Meteor mobiles but not to eMobile which is another Eircom company. Eircom could not give me a reason for that, it doesn't make sense.

My bill for the house is usually about €150 and I need to reduce that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I have just spoken to Eircom, the rep had very poor English and just didn't understand my queries. She said that my line rental is €41.92. I am billed €67.76 for Talktime and €65.82 for 8m Broadband. Then is a discount of €26.32.

This formula makes it difficult to decide on what package would better suit me. Why can there not be a price for each and forget about the discount?

She said that there is a fee for making changes but does know how much it is. We make very calls – most of the usage is internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Condatis wrote: »
    I have just spoken to Eircom, the rep had very poor English and just didn't understand my queries. She said that my line rental is €41.92. I am billed €67.76 for Talktime and €65.82 for 8m Broadband. Then is a discount of €26.32.

This formula makes it difficult to decide on what package would better suit me. Why can there not be a price for each and forget about the discount?

She said that there is a fee for making changes but does know how much it is. We make very calls – most of the usage is internet.

Hi Condatis,

I apologise for the experience you had with the agent, if you PM me with your telephone number or account number I can look into your current package and see if there is a way to reduce your overall bill.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paul72

hi mark have a question if u can help i be greatful,i live in clongriffin i have manget tv+phone and 5mb broadband fibre,i wanted eircom ph and broadband so i think year and a half i got a eircom box put in my living room but as it turned out then i could not get broadband from you's so i got them to disconnect me, fast forward till now if things have changed but i was told in order for them to check my old eircom line again i need to sign up to a 6month contract regardless if i couldnt get eircom broadband ,is there any way around this to check with out having me to pay line rental if it turns out i cant get it ,hope u can help with this thanks

paul72 wrote: »
    hi mark have a question if u can help i be greatful,i live in clongriffin i have manget tv+phone and 5mb broadband fibre,i wanted eircom ph and broadband so i think year and a half i got a eircom box put in my living room but as it turned out then i could not get broadband from you's so i got them to disconnect me, fast forward till now if things have changed but i was told in order for them to check my old eircom line again i need to sign up to a 6month contract regardless if i couldnt get eircom broadband ,is there any way around this to check with out having me to pay line rental if it turns out i cant get it ,hope u can help with this thanks

Hi Paul,

Can you private message me with your address I will have a better idea after looking into it in a bit more detail.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tom22413

Hi Mark, We are Thinking of closing Eircom Accounts.
    And what fees Would there be
    P.M Sent thanks Tom.

Hi Mark Thanks for the fast and efficient service, well done.
    Thanks Tom

tom22413 wrote: »
    Hi Mark Thanks for the fast and efficient service, well done.
    Thanks Tom

Hi Tom,

No worries :)

Thanks for the post.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi Mark, We are Thinking of closing Eircom Accounts.
    And what fees Would there be
    P.M Sent thanks Tom.

Hi Guys,
    Also wondering if you could pass me on the charge fee's also.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Also wondering if you could pass me on the charge fee's also.

Hi Bummer1234

If you PM your telephone number and account number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Many thanks for the response aswel Mark

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the response aswel Mark

Hi Bummer,

No worries :)

Regards, Mark

Hello Mark.
    I Just want to post this to Sincerely thank you for the very fast and prompt service to my Query, that I contacted you about to day.
    I know that you guys get some bad press sometimes, Once again thank you for the Excellent Services you provided keep up the good work.
    Regards, Tom.

Hello Mark.
    I Just want to post this to Sincerely thank you for the very fast and prompt service to my Query, that I contacted you about to day.
    I know that you guys get some bad press sometimes, Once again thank you for the Excellent Services you provided keep up the good work.
    Regards, Tom.

Hi Tom,

No problem

Thanks for your post I appreciate it.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement