Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do do about this Irish teacher? Worried we haven't got enough covered

• 02-03-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year atm and I'm doing honours Irish, which is one of my subjects I need a very high grade in. My teacher doesn't seem to have nearly enough covered, whereas most of my other subjects will have a half to two thirds of the course covered by the end of the year, which seems a reasonable target seeing as you need to be near finished by the mocks.

In Irish, we have 2 poems, 1 story, 2 aistes (kind of) done and thats more or less it. The grammar we've done is junior cert, the oral we have done is incredibly basic and we never even speak Irish in class. We just take endless notes off the board. She never speaks Irish. She says that the oral we have done is so basic because 'If we can't do this we'll hardly be able to do anything harder' but like surely if you can't do my school/myself by now you should be in pass? How much should we have done by now and if we have done too little what should I do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

She sounds dire. We've done 4 poems, the film and two prose, an essay a week in our own time but handed back then with loads of comments and about a third of the oral topics. Grammar is done throughout the class. Our teacher refuses to speak English, I actually only heard her speak it for the first time around Christmas time, she speaks to other teachers and the Deputy and principal in Irish too. I wouldn't get worried about it, instead I'd do something about it. Could you afford grinds? PM me and I can send on some notes if you fancy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I already had grinds for grammar which were great, now I just need her to move on with the course and I can't really work by myself because I need her to correct stuff :(

Advertisement