Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is minecraft and why is it so great?

• 02-03-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I have no doubt ill pick this up when its released fully. Its still in beta stage as far as I understand it...

So im going to ask the community here, what makes minecraft so great?
    What can the player do in it? What is the aim of it? Why is it so fun?

Note that i've never played it. Watched the odd video and saw some pictures, but never played it, so could someone explain to me what you do in it? I might be tempted to buy the beta yet....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ShockerShell

I have no doubt ill pick this up when its released fully. Its still in beta stage as far as I understand it...

So im going to ask the community here, what makes minecraft so great?
    What can the player do in it? What is the aim of it? Why is it so fun?

Note that i've never played it. Watched the odd video and saw some pictures, but never played it, so could someone explain to me what you do in it? I might be tempted to buy the beta yet....

Your as most known a lego man and say if you was destory some sand it would become a rescource and with resources such as wood and sand you can build i house or a base or other things if you think to buy this game id suggest buying it now whilst its cheaper its a good game for architecture and i find it rather fun. :D The aim of the game is to survive really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

what do you want to build? a 1 room bungalow with no windows? or a massive skyscraper where every room servers a purpose?

in the single player you are alone and have to do everything by hand. you have no help from anyone, in the single player you have difficulty settings.

Peaceful: its just you and the animals. nothing else. do what you want.

Easy: you and the animals and some monsters that are trying to kill you

Normal: you, the animals and a good few monsters who are again trying to kill you

Hard: again its you the animals and the monsters except the monsters are actively hunting you down (i think) and the spiders, usually peaceful during the day and killers at night, never turn peaceful.

the multiplayer has all this aswell but you can turn the monsters and animals off if you just want to build.

all this and more.

aswell if you create a world and you dont like it you can either destroy everything and start over or create a brannd new world for yourself. if your friend down the road has a deadly looking single player you can copy his save file and then play on that. you can build anything you want with anyone from all over the world on the multiplayer.

the video below is done only in alpha (the now free version) and now you have many more blocks to work with to creat anything youw ant really.

Advertisement