Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom tile grout mould.

• 02-03-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, had the bathroom retiled last year. The new tiiles are a mix of white tiles and mosaic tiles. The grout between the tiles in places around the shower are suffering on how much black grim that the grout is been held by the tiles. I suppose I have 2 questions, how do I clean this and how do I prevent this ?

Note that the basic bathroom cleaners dont get it clean so heavy duty cleaners required but afriad of damaging the tiles or the colours.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ceon

Had a problem like that too......get some bleach and a toothbrush, did wonders for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

ceon wrote: »
    Had a problem like that too......get some bleach and a toothbrush, did wonders for it!!

:) cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

:) cheers..

You can buy grout cleaner in a tile shop if its real stubborn however you might need to protect your shower tray as its acidic. Just check the silicone after as well.

Advertisement