Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers (Wed 2-3-11)SS1 KO 19.45

• 02-03-2011 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Well bhoys and germs, how do ye see this one panning out? I would have been 110% on a Celtic win until last Sunday.That pitch was atrocious against Motherwell though.I predict a narrow victory for the good guys 1-0.(Hooper to score). I pray Davie Gramps starts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Win for Celtic.

I honestly cant see any other way, Lennon will have them raring to go after the weekends performance, and Rangers are still flattering to decieve at the moment.

I think it will be tighter than the other week, but i dont see any other outcome.

To be honest i'm really suffering from Old Firm fatigue at the moment, ive got too much other stuff on to be putting myself through this every other week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Eirebear wrote: »
    Win for Celtic.

I honestly cant see any other way, Lennon will have them raring to go after the weekends performance, and Rangers are still flattering to decieve at the moment.

I think it will be tighter than the other week, but i dont see any other outcome.

To be honest i'm really suffering from Old Firm fatigue at the moment, ive got too much other stuff on to be putting myself through this every other week!
    Yee romped it at the weekend and knocked Sporting Lisbon outta Europa.I think this will be very close. Wally has them scared shi**ess after the 3-0 game.That wont happen again IMO.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Yee romped it at the weekend and knocked Sporting Lisbon outta Europa.I think this will be very close. Wally has them scared shi**ess after the 3-0 game.That wont happen again IMO.

nah it wont be the thumping we got at parkhead last time, but we didnt exactly make it easy for ourselves against a poor Sporting side, and even though we were clinical infront of goal on Sunday, by all accounts we were very flat in our play.

Not confident, 2-1 Celtic AET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Narrow win for the Bhoys and hopefully Diouf has a bad night ;)

nah it wont be the thumping we got at parkhead last time, but we didnt exactly make it easy for ourselves against a poor Sporting side, and even though we were clinical infront of goal on Sunday, by all accounts we were very flat in our play.

Not confident, 2-1 Celtic AET.
    Dont forget Zaluskas in goal for us(Major plus for yee I'd say,although he may prove me wrong),and Ledleys suspended.I dont see yee being "flat" tonight though. I hope yee are, but Smith will have em fired up after the last game. I predict cards aplenty in this game.Maybe even a red or two.

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Narrow win for the Bhoys and hopefully Diouf has a bad night ;)
    I can see Diouf losing the rag tonight if we take the lead.Brown will be winding him up like an old clock.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    I can see Diouf losing the rag tonight if we take the lead.Brown will be winding him up like an old clock.

He should get over it, I guess, but he won't. Whenever someone will throw a look at him, he will fall to the ground as if he was hit by a lightning and Mr Smith will go bonkers at the sidelines :p

He should get over it, I guess, but he won't. Whenever someone will throw a look at him, he will fall to the ground as if he was hit by a lightning and Mr Smith will go bonkers at the sidelines :p
    BORRUSIA DORTMUND.:p.BUMBLEBEE FOREVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I'm slightly confident about tonight. Think Rangers will be up for it and we need to start the game like we did two weeks ago. Should be a cracking game and atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This is going to be really close imo. This is going to be a battle of wits and how well the teams are prepared psychologically and tactically. Celtic were found wanting in both departments last Sunday.

Not having Ledley or Forster is a blow and Mark Wilson is carrying a knock and will have to prove his fitness. So Celtic will be looking at key forced changes and Juarez didnt look like an adequate replacement the last day. Having Kayal back is a boost but who's gonna be covering Izaguirre when he goes forward. Ledley covered it effortlessly, I think Rangers will look to exploit that tonight.

Hopefully the better team wins, which is Celtic :P, and not because of poor referee decisions that affect the course of the game. Refereeing standards have been desperate this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've a few quid on 3-2 for us at 44/1. But odds of 10/1 on a 2-0 looks appealing too.
    I also have a sneaky quid on 6-1 at 325/1 because sometimes I just like to throw away money. Haha. But you never know.

My gut feeling is 3-2 to the good ghuys tonight.

I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!

news breaking that jelavic has done his hamstring and wont be playing tonight.

Oh and Lafferty's out aswell.

news breaking that jelavic has done his hamstring and wont be playing tonight.

Oh and Lafferty's out aswell.

Laffatme being out actually improves your squad to be fair.

Laffatme being out actually improves your squad to be fair.

Maybe so, but Jellyfish is a big loss.

Same team that played against Sporting seemingly, which means Diouf up front himself.

I'm officially dreading tonight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Anyone know the best place to watch this match in Cork city? and CMON THE HOOPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to watch this match in Cork city? and CMON THE HOOPS

http://www.celticbars.com

Should be a few there.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

thanks fella

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Diouf up front on his own. This has a Celtic red card all over it. :(

Still reckon 2-1 to the Celts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Mulgrew... please please please don't mess up.

The GB must have eaten a lot of quality street to make those banners! :D

M'on the 'Gers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

any streams??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Its all kicking off now , rangers down to 10 with an hour left to play. Diouf squaring up to lennon

I'm getting sick...Diouf...:mad:

THERE'S ONLY ONE NEILL LENNON

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

El Hadj DIouf should never have kicked a football in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

:eek:

Rangers down to 10 men, Diouf squaring up to Lennon! Did Zheng (?) give the 2 fingers to that Rangers player??

I'm getting sick...Diouf...:mad:

THERE'S ONLY ONE NEILL LENNON

Lennon had no right getting involved in that, none whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Brilliant stuff, Diouf losing it again, looks nailed on to get sent off. Go on Celtic.

Samaras misses a sitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What was going on there? I couldn't see much other than Diouf and Lennon mouthing to each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Diouf and Rangers a match made in heaven

Lennon had no right getting involved in that, none whatsoever.

McCoist was gonna jump in too only Smith had to hold him back. Diouf is an unsavoury character to say the least. Very fiery game now.

Brown booked for getting fouled.... Another "honest mistake" from the man in black?

Essien wrote: »
    What was going on there? I couldn't see much other than Diouf and Lennon mouthing to each other

Thats all that happened. Diouf being Diouf over-reacting as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Could've been another red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

BERBA wrote: »
    Diouf and Rangers a match made in heaven

Hell more like!

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »

Diouf went over to talk to McCoist after the sending off and Lennon bombed out mouthing at Diouf, Diouf lost the rag.

Celtic doing a great job of winding people up tonight, when the management team keep it going down the tunnell it shows what theyre all about.

Stupid sending off for whittaker, soft booking in the first place, but he should have known better.

How celtic arent winning this i dont know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

can't wait for the second half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Diouf is some prized cnut-at it again in the tunnel.

Kicking off in the tunnel there now as well.

Diouf is not the player to be bringing into either Rangers or Celtic tbh. Maybe Glasgow's finest should be looking at what players are signed rather than trying to reduce the number of derby games! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

all in good time;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Super game. The difference an actual football pitch makes as oppose to a bog is quite astonishing.

Glad whittaker walked, El Hadje Cnut will go next.

Mark my words when i say his legs will be broken this season. Not by a Celtic player but by another SPL hardman that he acts the cnut with. I despise everything about him, his appearance, his facial expressions, and his downright scumminess.

Also nice to hear a Rangers 'minority' singing their bigotted songs.

The Billy Boys
    The Famine is Over

Among others. If they go a goal down we'll soon hear the Tommy Burns song in full voice.

But hey, it's just a small number.

Sweep sweep move along timmy nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Diouf is a bag of shyte. Shouldn't be on a football pitch :)

Warper wrote: »
    McCoist was gonna jump in too only Smith had to hold him back. Diouf is an unsavoury character to say the least. Very fiery game now.

Lennon had no right coming over to Diouf in the first place, he obviously came out for 1 reason that was to have a dig a Diouf.

Its out of order from any manager.

He's no Joe Jordan either is he? I thought he was gonna end up in the stands the speed he ran away at! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Pat Bonner :D why cant they just call him packie bonner?

This is unbelievable, the Celtic management team abuse a player, yet its the players fault for reacting.

Joke.

iMuse wrote: »
    Pat Bonner :D why cant they just call him packie bonner?

Everyone knows Pats are pyure legends! No need to make his name any more legendary.:cool:

This is unbelievable, the Celtic management team abuse a player, yet its the players fault for reacting.

Joke.

Not commenting on your bigotted fans tonight? Seemed to have a bit too much to say the other night. Bit quiet tonight aren't you?

Joke.

Of course, the blue ones are innocent like some angels, or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

How big are Packies hands :eek:

Interesting 1st half, I thought Whittaker was unlucky with the 1st booking but was so stupid to lunge in for his 2nd. Funniest moment for me was not the carry on on the touch line or going up the tunnel, it was Brown getting booked for being fouled.:eek:

Hooper needs to up his game in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Diouf went over to talk to McCoist after the sending off and Lennon bombed out mouthing at Diouf, Diouf lost the rag.

Celtic doing a great job of winding people up tonight, when the management team keep it going down the tunnell it shows what theyre all about.

Stupid sending off for whittaker, soft booking in the first place, but he should have known better.

to be fair your watching it so you seen how that bit in the tunnel started, with diouf trying to catch up to brown to have a go, shouting his mouth off. big johan stepped in, diouf went skuttlin off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement