Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers (Wed 2-3-11)SS1 KO 19.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Both of them acted like a pair of kids. McCoist clearly said something but Lennon really needs to learn to grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

My Celtic ratings for tonight

Zaluzka 6 - Nothing to do all night

Wilson 9 - Excellent going forward and scored again.
    Majstorovic 8 - Thought he was rock solid tonight.
    Mulgrew 7 - Not much to do but did well
    Izzy 8 - Another great game bombing up the left

Commons 6 - Not his best game
    Kayal 9 - Immense tonight
    Ki 8 - Kept the ball moving well, good setpieces
    Brown 7 - Was a good presence

Hooper 7 - Was quiet enough but did well
    Samaras 8 - Seemed to be all over the place, loves playing Rangers

Lennon 10 - Great tactics and never backed down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pal wrote: »
    People in Glasgow take football too seriously.

In some ways I agree, I would not have liked to be at that match (I know it sounds strange) as I walk to the train station at Dalmarnock (Bridgeton on a Sunday game) and it can be dodgy. I would imagine there are a load of neds pumped up on buckie after that game and will be out looking for revenge / gloating.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    it looked to me like the other way around tbh, but that could just be the blue tints.

They went in for the handshake/manly hug thing and then Lennon was pointing the finger before Ally lost it.

They were at each other all night to be fair, they're both as bad as each other sometimes. Both are managers (well McCoist will be soon) and both should grow up and be able to have a bit of banter without the physical crap.

Tonight was cringeworthy tbh with the amount of incidents involving Lennon, McCoist and EHD. The other "incidents" - the other reds - were just the usual fare - they can't be avoided, but the lack of professionalism between the three I mentioned was a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just listening to Alan Thompson there, came across well. For a player i hated, he won back a bit of respect there, calming things down etc.

"Diouf was just asking me about house prices because i sold him a house in Bolton!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

karma_ wrote: »
    That's how it looked to me I have to say, I'm sure we will get another look at it before long as the stream I had did not show it again.

It's difficult to know, but I think McCoist said something that set Lennon off, because Lennon seemed mellow enough when he went to shake hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

baz2009 wrote: »
    It's difficult to know, but I think McCoist said something that set Lennon off, because Lennon seemed mellow enough when he went to shake hands.
    Ya but allys the jolly jester and lennys the big bad wolf?Hail fcuking Hail.YESSSSSSS.Again

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Ya but allys the jolly jester and lennys the big bad wolf?

Yep, thats about right. ;)

It was certainly out of character for McCoist to react like that, wether he started it or not.
    I think most people would agree with that.

So for him to react like that twice, suggests to me that Lennon said something OTT to Diouf in the first incident, and it boiled over.

That said, it doesnt really show either of them in a great light.

Ya but allys the jolly jester and lennys the big bad wolf?Hail fcuking Hail.YESSSSSSS.

What the fcuk are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That will be some kind of reception when Celtic plays the last league match over in Ibrox, I just hope, Lenny and the Bhoys will keep cool heads...and beat them again on the way to the Triple;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lars1916 wrote: »
    That will be some kind of reception when Celtic plays the last league match over in Ibrox, I just hope, Lenny and the Bhoys will keep cool heads...and beat them again on the way to the Triple;)

Lenny's gonna be in the stands for that one, and probably just as well tbh.

What the fcuk are you on about?
    U support celtic much?

U support celtic much?

:D Took the words right out of my mouth!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lenny's gonna be in the stands for that one, and probably just as well tbh.

Can we consfiscate his ticket? ;)

U support celtic much?

I certainly prefer them to Rangers.
    Wouldn't say I support them, more I like to see them do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Thats why the OF game is great. Pure hatred lol.

Yep, thats about right. ;)

It was certainly out of character for McCoist to react like that, wether he started it or not.
    I think most people would agree with that.

So for him to react like that twice, suggests to me that Lennon said something OTT to Diouf in the first incident, and it boiled over.

That said, it doesnt really show either of them in a great light.
    So it was Lennons fault?Ally would never have a smart remark??Deffo Lennons fault.+

So it was Lennons fault?Ally would never have a smart remark??Deffo Lennons fault.+

I'm only speculating, just like everyone else.

Calm down lad.

I must say, a certain amount of celtic fans get awfully angry when they win.

Is this normal? I can understand getting wound up after defeat, but surely winning should be a time of great joy?

Is it just something in the psyche?;)

In fairness he said it didn't show either of them in good light.

Look, none of us know what was said, but they were both at it and both lost it. Problem is Lenny loses it too quickly, he's already up for a review to his ban which currently stands at 6 games ffs!

Like I said, tonight Lennon, McCoist and Diouf were a disgrace they way they were all acting.

• Advertisement

Calm down lad.
    Dont worry EB.The sun will tell us all the goings on in the rangers and celtic dressing rooms.:D;).

Lennon loves a good row. He was brought up to hate Rangers. I hope Ally doesn't have a good word to say about him again and start thinking like a Rangers man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

incident @ the end.

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_whatdidmccoistsaytolennon.gif

Calm down lad.

Ya'd swear Celtic lost the way he's going on.:pac:

Dont worry EB.The sun will tell us all the goings on in the rangers and celtic dressing rooms.:D;).

Christ, i'm more likely to believe the National Enquirer's take on things than that rag!

Someone on KDS put it well..... Lenny goes from 0 to foaming in about 0.2 seconds. :D

From that gif it looks like Lennon started it, tbh. Can't be 100% with McCoist having his back to it, though.

Ya'd swear Celtic lost the way he's going on.:pac:
    Who knows what Alistairyy said to lennon?

Hopefully he said something. Can't stand Lennon.

• Advertisement

Looking at the GIF, Lennon says something to McCoist doesn't look there is any malice. McCoist then says something and you can clearly see Lennon say 'Hold on a minute' and then something like 'you feckin...' all the while McCoist stands there smirking. I do hope Lennon comes out with what super ally has said

From that gif it looks like Lennon started it, tbh. Can't be 100% with McCoist having his back to it, though.

Started what though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

It does like Lennon was the one who started it from that, Ally had hardly time to say anything between Lennon finishing talking and smiling and all of a sudden finger pointing and aggressive.

If you will read my posts I said that I think McCoist started it, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

celtic723 wrote: »
    Super game. The difference an actual football pitch makes as oppose to a bog is quite astonishing.

Sounds like you are making the pitch excuse again for the attitude and performance last weekend. Funny that, since you tried to make out that the pitch wasn't an issue for the result last weekend.
    Talk of a Papac possibly having a broken neck.

I genuinely hope that it isnt, he looked like he was suffering badly going off.

Decent performance by Celtic, completely dominated Rangers and they resorted to scumbag tactics in retaliation. The only fault with Celtic is the lack of conversion of shots into goals. Rangers performance as professional footballers was embarrassing.

Lets see if George Peat walks out to do promotions when he suppose to disciplining any of their players behaviour, probably not!

Cheerio Rangers, Scotland Shame!

It does like Lennon was the one who started it from that, Ally had hardly time to say anything between Lennon finishing talking and smiling and all of a sudden finger pointing and aggressive.

It is quite clear that super ally said something to Lennon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Can't believe nobody mentions how well the referee actually did in the match. We are all first to give the ref stick if he has made a genuine mistake but when he actually handles a big game well then I think he deserved a little bit of praise.

TBH - That gif makes it look like coisty said something to lennon......

i doubt we'll ever know for sure to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

most enjoyable match and that included the moments of controvercy. From what I say Lennon reacted to something Ally said - afterall ally had to be pulled back by Smith earlier so he was clearly pumped up. I would love to know what he said and what was the reply.... should be some sort of a caption competition!
    Man City won, Barca just won and Celtic won PP treble 9/2 just came in.... ching ching!!

One of my favourite gifs

x5tjew.jpg

Started what though?

:confused:
    The bit of aggro that went on, obviously.

With the smirk that McCoist had it makes it very hard to know, he looks pleased that he got Lennon riled up.

• Advertisement

One of my favourite gifs

x5tjew.jpg

Couldn't help but smile when I saw that on telly.:D

Are you surprised or something? Lennon grew up in Northern Ireland. **** sake, its not just a football match to him. Look at the way he gets on. 6 game ban coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I thought it was a poor standard of football and the only reason the game is getting such attention is because of the incidents which in fairness were entertaining.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Hopefully he said something. Can't stand Lennon.
    WHY? Why do ye hate lenny so much? Is it coz hes Catholic?Or why?I dont understand ye. He tried to Captain NI as yee call it andhis life was threatened. Why do yee hate him???Im not fathoming yee.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

it looks like ally mccoist said something to lennon that set him off, who knows how inflammatory or provocative it was - will we ever find out? did what ally said justify neil's anger? who knows?

both managers have a responsibility (as do the players) not to rile the fans up so much with their behaviour, some of the comments after the final whistle were quite strong on here (including from myself) and when you see players and managers going at it and lots and lots of backchat, fouls and posturing it does have an effect, some people think that's what the old firm is all about, hatred and sendings off and rucks, i just want to see the two sides participate in a proper game of football - will things calm down enough for us to get it at ibrox? i seriously doubt it

oh and the referee was good tonight, he got a few things wrong but overall decent and that should be acknowledged

Paully D wrote: »
    I thought it was a poor standard of football and the only reason the game is getting such attention is because of the incidents which in fairness were entertaining.
    Sigh.... Your a supporter of the wigan v wolves league obviously.kindly piss off:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Are you surprised or something? Lennon grew up in Northern Ireland. **** sake, its not just a football match to him. Look at the way he gets on. 6 game ban coming up.

No its not, its getting reduced because George Peat left the hearing to promote the Scottish Cup round, then came back to pass judgement without hearing all of the evidence from the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

WHY? Why do ye hate lenny so much? Is it coz hes Catholic?Or why?I dont understand ye. He tried to Captain NI as yee call it andhis life was threatened. Why do yee hate him???Im not fathoming yee.;)

lmfao

Just can't stand him. Don't care which 'friend' he prays to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Looks Lennon started something. He is a nasty character. I remember him trying to start on a young Aiden McGeady a few years ago during a match they were 7-0 or so up. McGeady seems like a good lad as well and so does McCoist

• Advertisement
Advertisement