Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers (Wed 2-3-11)SS1 KO 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Eirebear, are you sure you weren't at the game tonight? :eek:

fw62xe.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pic taken from off a Celtic forum

If that is a Celtic fan, or Eirebear, then he has alot of explaining to do!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Dempsey wrote: »
    If that isnt a Celtic fan, or Eirebear, then he has alot of explaining to do!! :pac:

Stop blaming me! Celtic7623156 is sleeping safely in the knowledge that i was here, by his side, all through the game. Dont shatter that dream for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Eirebear wrote: »
    See this is something that i dont particularly care for.

Diouf has a horrible past, and tonight he didnt do himself any favours either.

But we have now seen Celtic fans throwing coins at him on two seperate occasions, and Lennon have a go at him out of nowhere it seemed tonight.

If this was any other player it would have been an issue, however because it is diouf it is acceptable? I dont buy that at all.

You reap what you sow. If your going to go spitting at people at a football ground, you should expect, and deserve to suffer the reprecussions. Most other footballers dont suffer the same abuse as most havent spat at numerous fans/opponents, or made up stories of racism against opposing fans etc

Stop blaming me! Celtic7623156 is sleeping safely in the knowledge that i was here, by his side, all through the game. Dont shatter that dream for him.

To shatter that illusion would result in infractions and bans. Who am I to do such a thing!:D

Thought you said you were going to the pub?

tommyhaas wrote: »
    You reap what you sow. If your going to go spitting at people at a football ground, you should expect, and deserve to suffer the reprecussions. Most other footballers dont suffer the same abuse as most havent spat at numerous fans/opponents, or made up stories of racism against opposing fans etc

Nah i dont buy it.

The laws of the game, and in fact the laws of most civilised countries are their to stop retaliations taking place.

If your logic is to be followed, then Gary Hooper would have every right to go in over the top on Bougherra in the next Old Firm game without any recompense, because Bougherra hit him hard in this.

I dont particularly welcome these vigilante football ideals you siggest to be honest. But then thats just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

See this is something that i dont particularly care for.

Diouf has a horrible past, and tonight he didnt do himself any favours either.

But we have now seen Celtic fans throwing coins at him on two seperate occasions, and Lennon have a go at him out of nowhere it seemed tonight.

If this was any other player it would have been an issue, however because it is diouf it is acceptable? I dont buy that at all.

nothing to do with the fact he spat at them in another life?

(p.s I Have 0 interest in scottish football just an observation!)

nothing to do with the fact he spat at them in another life?

(p.s I Have 0 interest in scottish football just an observation!)

Of course it does, but does that make it right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

EB, in all honesty, do you think it was a good idea to take Diouf to Rangers based on the type of character he is and his history?

PauloMN wrote: »
    EB, in all honesty, do you think it was a good idea to take Diouf to Rangers based on the type of character he is and his history?

I think it would have been hard for Smith to turn down a player of his calibre given our squad situation.

Hes worked with "bad boys" in the past, some succesfully and some not so succesfully - and it was a challenge he was willing to take on.

Unfortunately he's not shown enough on the field so far for me to justify it, and unless he can turn that around he will only be remembered as the player who Scott Brown succesfully wound up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Of course it does, but does that make it right?

A fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

I think it would have been hard for Smith to turn down a player of his calibre given our squad situation.

Hes worked with "bad boys" in the past, some succesfully and some not so succesfully - and it was a challenge he was willing to take on.

Unfortunately he's not shown enough on the field so far for me to justify it, and unless he can turn that around he will only be remembered as the player who Scott Brown succesfully wound up.
    and he asked "who is scot brown". He bloody well knows who scott brown is. A much better player than he is himself.Im sure EB will agree with this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just can't help thinking some risks are just too big to take, and I'd personally have Diouf in that category though. I know what you mean about the squad situation though.

Thompson interview here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_cups/9409758.stm

Cool as a cucumber, hopefully Neil will take a leaf out of his book.

Diouf is a scummy man. If he came to celtic,I'd be very unhappy to put it mildly. Id say EB doesnt really approve. But he wont say it publicly.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    and he asked "who is scot brown". He bloody well knows who scott brown is. A much better player than he is himself.Im sure EB will agree with this.
    I don't think Scott Brown is that good. When Mendes and Thompson were at the club, he wasn't that good tbh.

A fair point.

No it isnt

He put in for the abuse he receives, the majority of the football community have a rational hatred for the man because of his behaviour. I have no sympathy for him.

Thompson interview here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_cups/9409758.stm

Cool as a cucumber, hopefully Neil will take a leaf out of his book.

yeah i mentioned it earlier in the thread, handled it very well and you have to give him credit for that when everyone around him was losing their heads.

As for Diouf, time will tell, i wasnt particularly happy when we signed him but i understood the thinking behind it.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be paying off right now.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I don't think Scott Brown is that good. When Mendes and Thompson were at the club, he wasn't that good tbh.

Who's Thompson and when did he and Mendes play with Brown?

No it isnt

He put in for the abuse he receives, the majority of the football community have a rational hatred for the man because of his behaviour. I have no sympathy for him.

So we should change the laws of the game to something along the lines of "An eye for an eye"?

I have no issue with the likes of Brown winding him up during the game, even as far as the goal celebration, i would expect the same from any player/

However when it comes to physical abuse from fans in terms of coin throwing, and verbal abuse from management (If indeed that is what happened) then i believe a line should be drawn.

Celtic & and Celtic fans are not the law of the game, and neither are they the moral guardians they seem to like to put themselves forward as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Who's Thompson and when did he and Mendes play with Brown?

He means when Steven Thomson and Mendes played against Brown.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    But Scott Brown is better than both those players.;)

But Scott Brown is better than both those players.;)

You been on the beer tonight?

Not 3 months ago Scott Brown was a target for the Parkhead boo boys. Yeah he's coming good now, but dont pretend he;s been excellent since signing for Celtic.

Not 3 months ago Scott Brown was a target for the Parkhead boo boys. Yeah he's coming good now, but dont pretend he;s been excellent since signing for Celtic.

you're right actually. I haven't been impressed with him at all bar the last few months. Moving him out to the right side has made him a better player.

So we should change the laws of the game to something along the lines of "An eye for an eye"?

I have no issue with the likes of Brown winding him up during the game, even as far as the goal celebration, i would expect the same from any player/

However when it comes to physical abuse from fans in terms of coin throwing, and verbal abuse from management (If indeed that is what happened) then i believe a line should be drawn.

Celtic & and Celtic fans are not the law of the game, and neither are they the moral guardians they seem to like to put themselves forward as.

I rather have eye for an eye that let the SFA act as a mediator tbh

I didnt see coin throwing tbh and I dont condone it but the verbal abuse, the wind ups is no less than he deserves. Its not like he hasnt said anything back or ran straight to the papers himself to get his +1
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    He means when Steven Thomson and Mendes played against Brown.

Kevin Thomson... :)

I rather have eye for an eye that let the SFA act as a mediator tbh

I didnt see coin throwing tbh and I dont condone it but the verbal abuse, the wind ups is no less than he deserves. Its not like he hasnt said anything back or ran straight to the papers himself to get his +1

Kevin Thomson... :)

All mixed up :D

Your dead right.But hes earning his money now.At last.Hes a bit like a young dare I say it "Roy Keane".

• Advertisement

Your dead right.But hes earning his money now.At last.Hes a bit like a young dare I say it "Roy Keane".

Nah, even Keane wasnt THAT ugly! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

All the delusional quotes. A young roy keane, better than Pedro Mendes who has won the CL. I mean really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Get The **** Out

/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Neither was Chelsea/Man Utd, whats your point?

Come on now, it was a much better standard than last nights offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Will SkySports be showing the game in its entirety again? Do they ever repeat matches?

If not, would it be possible to see the highlights anywhere else? Don't have the Celtic Channel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

It has to be said that Neil Lennon is one bitter hate filled cnut, he stirs it up big time.

You could see the contempt in his face, even at the ibrox rememberence ceremony earlier this year he didn't hide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

:D

fryup wrote: »
    It has to be said that Neil Lennon is one bitter hate filled cnut, he stirs it up big time.

You could see the contempt in his face, even at the ibrox rememberence ceremony earlier this year he didn't hide it.

You do realise that Diouf shoulder charged a Celtic physio and thats why Lennon had a word with Diouf when he came to the line.

McCoist warned Lennon at full time to stay away from Rangers players and Lennon reacted because of Dioufs behaviour towards a physio and his general behaviour.

Clearly Rangers discipline was at fault last night, police reports will show that, but dont let the facts get in the way of an ignorant rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

kraggy wrote: »
    Will SkySports be showing the game in its entirety again? Do they ever repeat matches?

If not, would it be possible to see the highlights anywhere else? Don't have the Celtic Channel...

Probably lunch time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

You do realise that Diouf shoulder charged a Celtic physio and thats why Lennon had a word with Diouf when he came to the line.

McCoist warned Lennon at full time to stay away from Rangers players and Lennon reacted because of Dioufs behaviour towards a physio and his general behaviour.

Clearly Rangers discipline was at fault last night, police reports will show that, but dont let the facts get in the way of an ignorant rant.

ll hearsay no one knows who said what to who and we will just have to wait and see what the Police reports say

I could say that a certain party racially abused Diouf but again its only hearsay

ll hearsay no one knows who said what to who and we will just have to wait and see what the Police reports say

I could say that a certain party racially abused Diouf but again its only hearsay

Hows that fence? :pac:

Hows that fence? :pac:

Just calling it as I see it
    I doubt if we will ever know the full facts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

:rolleyes:

Just calling it as I see it
    I doubt if we will ever know the full facts :p

I think the police and SFA are going to investigate and dish out bans and fines, it will probably all come out in the appeals.

Diouf shouldered Kayal in the last game after a goal, he did it to a physio in this game after a sending off. You didnt see any of that? You dont need a police statement to see what happened to start it off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Go on then......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

How exactly does he stir things big time??? Any pics form the commemoration to illustrtae what you mean by your second comment???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

So Lenny and Ally sorted things out? What's the point to argue about that now, considering, the source is reliable ;)

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=769

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

How exactly does he stir things big time???

His constant criticism of the refs even when the slightest decision goes against celtic, which in no small way led to the refs strike before xmas.

Also his OTT touchline celebrations which imo only goad oppostion supporters
    Any pics form the commemoration to illustrtae what you mean by your second comment???:confused:

he had a constant sneer and a look of disinterest during the entire ceremony and he didn't turn up for the minute silence at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Same old same old from Scotlands Shame.

Lets be clear. It was Rangers players who lost control, it was Rangers management who were mouthing off and it was Rangers fans ripping up seats. Celtic stood up to the bullys. This 'equivalence' argument is as lazy as it is wrong. Celtic fans dont smash up host cities in Europe, do Nazi salutes in Israel and sing songs about sectarian murder and famines.

As for Diof, Ronseal. What it says on the tin. Damn near got himself arrested at the end. When you are sent off, YOU LEAVE THE PITCH.

Go on then......

What would be the point as I said its all hearsay when something concrete comes out then I will happily discuss it

No, its a lie...

We know Sally said somthing to Lenny. There are rumours of what that is.

No-one racially abused Diouf. Thats the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

he had a constant sneer and a look of disinterest during the entire ceremony

So someone was keeping a close watch on Neil Lennon's mannerisms during the entire ceremony just waiting for him to do something out of order, no matter how innocuous like a supposed "sneer"? How disrespectful, you would have thought they'd have been more interest in paying respect to the dead victims whose ceremony it was instead of looking to score cheap shots against the Celtic manager.

Same old same old from Scotlands Shame.

Lets be clear. It was Rangers players who lost control, it was Rangers management who were mouthing off and it was Rangers fans ripping up seats. Celtic stood up to the bullys. This 'equivalence' argument is as lazy as it is wrong. Celtic fans dont smash up host cities in Europe, do Nazi salutes in Israel and sing songs about sectarian murder and famines.

As for Diof, Ronseal. What it says on the tin. Damn near got himself arrested at the end. When you are sent off, YOU LEAVE THE PITCH.

What songs are sung about sectarian murders and as much as I disagree with the famine song you still haven't grasped what they are getting at.
    I would argue that the Celtic Management team were involved long before McCoist got involved. and as for the ripping up of seats Celtic fans are also guilty of this proving once again that both sides have moronic fans

• Advertisement

What songs are sung about sectarian murders

The Billy Boys. The Bouncy Song.
    and as much as I disagree with the famine song you still haven't grasped what they are getting at.

I know EXACTLY what they are getting at. The song is deemed, by law, to be racist. Why the SFA have not taken action against Rangers is another debate for another day.
    I would argue that the Celtic Management team were involved long before McCoist got involved.

They got involved when Diouf shoulder charged the Celtic physio.
    and as for the ripping up of seats Celtic fans are also guilty of this proving once again that both sides have moronic fans

As may be, but Rangers have an especially large number of morons who disgrace the club on a routine basis.

Advertisement