Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers (Wed 2-3-11)SS1 KO 19.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

So someone was keeping a close watch on Neil Lennon's mannerisms during the entire ceremony just waiting for him to do something out of order, no matter how innocuous like a supposed "sneer"? How disrespectful, you would have thought they'd have been more interest in paying respect to the dead victims whose ceremony it was instead of looking to score cheap shots against the Celtic manager.

Its always about cheap shots with some Rangers fans. they were absolutely livid that Celtic didn't stoop to their level and disrupt the silence.

Yet when asked to be respectful for a Celtic fan murdered, they chanted 'peado' and sang the big lie when his work with disabled children was mentioned on the big screen. The big lie being a slander on a man who tried to save lives in Ibrox the second time Rangers fans killed each other.

I am sick of their faux outrage and complete hypocricy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

The Billy Boys. The Bouncy Song.

The bouncy song your talking out your backside that song started on the old Glasgow subway system because of the way we bounced about on it.Celtic fans of course are angels when they sing songs about a group who murdered many innocent people including RC's

I know EXACTLY what they are getting at. The song is deemed, by law, to be racist. Why the SFA have not taken action against Rangers is another debate for another day.

OK explain what they are getting at

They got involved when Diouf shoulder charged the Celtic physio.

They should have never got involved not there job

As may be, but Rangers have an especially large number of morons who disgrace the club on a routine basis.

Deflect deflect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I agree. It really is truly pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

What would be the point as I said its all hearsay when something concrete comes out then I will happily discuss it

Well why bring it up then?? It's out in the public domain on this thread now which is what you wanted. How very clever you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

"They shouldn't have gotten involved, not their job"

What were they supposed to do? Smile and laugh as Diouf shoulder charged one of their colleagues? Pathetic reason to have a go at the Celtic management. Diouf shouldn't have shoulder charged the physio in the first place yet the Celtic management weren't allowed to have a say in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9413666.stm
    Rangers have blamed abuse of their players in a recent home game against Celtic for heightened tension that led to three red cards at Celtic Park.

And chief executive Martin Bain suggested that complaints about refereeing this season had influenced Calum Murray on Wednesday.

This is the man that claimed that non Rangers fans were largely to blame for the rioting in Manchester.

Lame excuses for a complete lack of discipline and respect for the officials tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Rangers management are clutching at straws. They need to look at their own behaviour and stop blaming others.

Lennon also needs to count to 10 before doing anything

Ever since Neil Lennon has came to Scottish football, the tension has just risen slowly but surely. The hatred is incredible at the moment. Then you get important games, throw in Diouf and the hatred is truly back.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Ever since Neil Lennon has came to Scottish football, the tension has just risen slowly but surely. The hatred is incredible at the moment. Then you get important games, throw in Diouf and the hatred is truly back.

Are you for real?? He's been at Celtic since 2000, bar 6/7 months away. You cars to back up your wild assertions with any facts?

Are you for real?? He's been at Celtic since 2000, bar 6/7 months away. You cars to back up your wild assertions with any facts?
    Ok, i meant manager. You can't deny it. Last night was a joke in that regard. Who remembers the football? Everyone is just talking about Ally, Lennon and Diouf today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Ok, i meant manager. You can't deny it. Last night was a joke in that regard. Who remembers the football? Everyone is just talking about Ally, Lennon and Diouf today.

He brings out a rage in Rangers and their fans simply because of who he is.

I personally love it. And when he gets his hands on that trophy come May some heads are gonna explode over by Govan.

d.anthony wrote: »
    And when he gets his hands on that trophy come May some heads are gonna explode over by Govan.

Some of them will not last til the end of the month on last nights showing

d.anthony wrote: »
    He brings out a rage in Rangers and their fans simply because of who he is.

I personally love it. And when he gets his hands on that trophy come May some heads are gonna explode over by Govan.
    Oh its going to hurt for lennon.. as he fails. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

34 arrests in parkhead last night, 28 were in the rangers end. looks like their fans were losing the plot just as the team on the pitch were as well.

Yes i remember us being in complete control of the game with rangers going out to try and kick **** out of us and deploy their usual negative tactics, and yes i do rmemeber their two reds and numerous yellows as well of course as Djioufs disgraceful behaviour.

And yes i do remember Lennon going over to shake hands with his opposite number and quite clearly been insulted.

But of course it suits the scottish establishment and media to treat it as an 'old firm' problem rather than point the finger where it quite clearly belongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

When we get this league title, it will be the sweetest since we stopped the 10 in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When we get this league title, it will be the sweetest since we stopped the 10 in a row.

If ye can't finish above this Rangers team ye might as well give it up tbh. No great victory.

Yes i remember us being in complete control of the game with rangers going out to try and kick **** out of us and deploy their usual negative tactics, and yes i do rmemeber their two reds and numerous yellows as well of course as Djioufs disgraceful behaviour.

And yes i do remember Lennon going over to shake hands with his opposite number and quite clearly been insulted.

But of course it suits the scottish establishment and media to treat it as an 'old firm' problem rather than point the finger where it quite clearly belongs.
    Lennon goads the opposition. The moment he didn't like what Ally said, he went nuts in 0.2 seconds.

No more of the old conspiracy nonsense again please. :)

flahavaj wrote: »
    If ye can't finish above this Rangers team ye might as well give it up tbh. No great victory.

I agree Celtic should finish above Rangers but never underestimate the friends that look after TFOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

flas wrote: »
    34 arrests in parkhead last night, 28 were in the rangers end. looks like their fans were losing the plot just as the team on the pitch were as well.

To be honest, this kind of thing is only brought up to 'enhance' stories if it is deemed to give the story more legs. There were more arrests at games in England and Wales this season but you would be forgiven for never even noticing it. The games between Swansea and Cardiff and Arsenal and Spurs had more arrests than this game.

• Advertisement

I agree Celtic should finish above Rangers but never underestimate the friends that look after TFOD
    Need the establishment to help us out again like they did on Helicopter sunday.

Paranoid.jpg

snip

Do you want to explain your post or are you just happy to thank other posts?

Do you want to explain your post or are you just happy to thank other posts?

A picture tells a thousand words.

I take that is a no then? usually is a no when someone is ignornant of the situation. Run along now

It does indeed.

Lennon goads the opposition. The moment he didn't like what Ally said, he went nuts in 0.2 seconds.

No more of the old conspiracy nonsense again please. :)

How does he goad thew opposition?? BY being passionate and wearing his heart on his sleeve?? Do you know what mc coist said to him?? If you dont you're in no position to make judgements.

As for conspiracy where the fcuk did i mention any conspiracy??? Go on, where??

daithijjj wrote: »
    To be honest, this kind of thing is only brought up to 'enhance' stories if it is deemed to give the story more legs. There were more arrests at games in England and Wales this season but you would be forgiven for never even noticing it. The games between Swansea and Cardiff and Arsenal and Spurs had more arrests than this game.

inside the grounds during the games!?

I take that is a no then? usually is a no when someone is ignornant of the situation. Run along now

I think the point of my post was very obvious. If you don't get it then its probably because the 'oul tin-foil hat is on a bit tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

flas wrote: »
    inside the grounds during the games!?

Im only regurgitating what they were saying on talksport earlier today. Apparently so. Wouldnt be surprised to be honest, this topic gets the hush treatment in england and wales media alot of the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I think the point of my post was very obvious. If you don't get it then its probably because the 'oul tin-foil hat is on a bit tight.

Might want to tell that to Fergie eh?

karma_ wrote: »
    Might want to tell that to Fergie eh?

If he ever posts here I'll post a picture for him too karma bai. I bet he won't need it spelled out to him before he gets the obvious meaning though.;)

How does he goad thew opposition?? BY being passionate and wearing his heart on his sleeve?? Do you know what mc coist said to him?? If you dont you're in no position to make judgements.

As for conspiracy where the fcuk did i mention any conspiracy??? Go on, where??
    He apparently said well done, i know you love Rangers really.

Apparently McCoist is already looking for his old job back on Question of Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

a5dmyu.jpg

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha, you arent allowed to use facts when people crawl out of the woodwork to have an ignorant snipe at Celtic, it embarrasses them.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Bodhisopha, you arent allowed to use facts when people crawl out of the woodwork to have an ignorant snipe at Celtic, it embarrasses them.

But, look at this thuggish behaviour. Remarkable restraint shown by Lennon.

185894_10150114443259707_194587129706_6212757_8196758_n.jpg

Who does Lennon think he is saying to anyone you should not of signed that player.

Who does Lennon think he is saying to anyone you should not of signed that player.

And who is McCoist to be issuing idle threats?

Walter Smith knew that signing Diouf would inflame tensions. Very irresponsible signing from an experienced manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Dempsey wrote: »
    And who is McCoist to be issuing idle threats?

and most importantly, who the fvck does Diouf think he is elbowing/shoulder barging a non-playing staff member. If he did it to an employee in a local restaurant would it be ok?

daithijjj wrote: »
    Im only regurgitating what they were saying on talksport earlier today. Apparently so. Wouldnt be surprised to be honest, this topic gets the hush treatment in england and wales media alot of the time.

i wasnt questioning you or anything, was just wondering if it was inside the ground or outside! it does get swept aside in the premiership a good bit.

So where did i mention a conspiracy then? Typical, you make ridiculous statements and wont (cant?) back them up.

i thought the behaviour from Lennon and the rest was disgraceful. After looking back on it, it was out of order.

Which part of his behaviour as i have already asked you but you have chosen not to answer? And the rest?? What does that mean?

So where did i mention a conspiracy then? Typical, you make ridiculous statements and wont (cant?) back them up.
    I seen the 'Establishment' mentioned and i thought that was the whole conspiracy theory.

Back to the game. I thought that full back had a good game. He seems to be doing well for celtic. But i just hope the actions of Lennon and Ally don't take make people not notice such performances as it would be a shame.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Back to the game. I thought that full back had a good game. He seems to be doing well for celtic. But i just hope the actions of Lennon and Ally don't take make people not notice such performances as it would be a shame.

Did it take you two days to finally realise that Alistair actually had some involvement in the incidents also?

Which full back are you talking about by the way, Izaguirre or goal-scorer Wilson, as both piddled all over the Rangers? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Jesus who crashed this thread?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    Jesus who crashed this thread?

Is it any different to any other Celtic/Rangers thread? :D

Usually goes something like:
    - Here we go, c'mon bhoys/bears
    - F**kin ref
    - NEVER a penalty
    - Diving wee scrote
    - Lenny/Sally/Wally are b**tards
    - Diouf is a <insert insult here>
    - Celtic moaning to the SFA again I see
    - Establishment helping the Rangers again I see
    - GIRFUY
    - etc. etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Meh, fair point.

Maybe i'm just over it abnormally quickly this time around.

To be honest i think everyone else might need to aswell, the over reaction from the media/police/Scottish Government has been mental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement