Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers (Wed 2-3-11)SS1 KO 19.45

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    Meh, fair point.

Maybe i'm just over it abnormally quickly this time around.

To be honest i think everyone else might need to aswell, the over reaction from the media/police/Scottish Government has been mental.

I can see both sides of it tbh. The carry on on Wed night can fuel violence in an already tense atmosphere. The police were saying before that game that the violence around OF games had been on the increase, the last thing needed is players and management staff acting like kids in these games.

I can see how a big deal is being made of it and I've no problem with punishments being dished out to all those involved.

Lennon needs to calm the temper and not get involved in spats with players and other managers, simple as that. Ally was guilty of some of that too mind, and he needs to get punished also. Diouf should be banned for a few games for his carry on with the crowd after he was sent off, and Bougherra should be banned for getting involved with the ref after his red card.

They need to clean up the OF games, and not tolerate that ****e from managers and players in this fixture in particular. The fixture can still be plenty tense and enjoyable for everyone without that ****e that just winds up the idiots on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PauloMN wrote: »
    I can see both sides of it tbh. The carry on on Wed night can fuel violence in an already tense atmosphere. The police were saying before that game that the violence around OF games had been on the increase, the last thing needed is players and management staff acting like kids in these games.

I can see how a big deal is being made of it and I've no problem with punishments being dished out to all those involved.

Lennon needs to calm the temper and not get involved in spats with players and other managers, simple as that. Ally was guilty of some of that too mind, and he needs to get punished also. Diouf should be banned for a few games for his carry on with the crowd after he was sent off, and Bougherra should be banned for getting involved with the ref after his red card.

They need to clean up the OF games, and not tolerate that ****e from managers and players in this fixture in particular. The fixture can still be plenty tense and enjoyable for everyone without that ****e that just winds up the idiots on both sides.

Dont get me wrong, i think all the players and management involved should be punished for their part in it, and i understand the theory that their behaviour can fuel violence etc off field. Especially the managers, as they are the ones supposed to be showing an example.

For me though its always a bit of a fall back excuse for the authorities. The West of Scotland has a lot of issues, and there are a number of causes including acohol, drugs, lack of education and poverty.

I dont believe football is one of these causes, i believe it to be an excuse, and a lazy one at that.

My Mrs works with "At Risk" children, and her busiest days of the year are the Mondays after Old Firm games, generally down to people spending the day in pubs etc.
    You know the only day that equals that in terms of how busy it is?

The day after St Stephens day, what does that tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

anyone know the words to that song the celtic fans were singing? I just cant get enough

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dont get me wrong, i think all the players and management involved should be punished for their part in it, and i understand the theory that their behaviour can fuel violence etc off field. Especially the managers, as they are the ones supposed to be showing an example.

For me though its always a bit of a fall back excuse for the authorities. The West of Scotland has a lot of issues, and there are a number of causes including acohol, drugs, lack of education and poverty.

I dont believe football is one of these causes, i believe it to be an excuse, and a lazy one at that.

My Mrs works with "At Risk" children, and her busiest days of the year are the Mondays after Old Firm games, generally down to people spending the day in pubs etc.
    You know the only day that equals that in terms of how busy it is?

The day after St Stephens day, what does that tell you?

Not just the west of Scotland mate, all over the UK and Ireland has those issues. The west of Scotland has the added element of sectarianism in the mix as well though, which gives those problems an added dimension.

I don't think any authories are using the footie as an excuse, but they do have to tackle (excuse the pun) the dicipline problems at these games along with the broader issues of education, poverty, drug abuse and alcohol abuse. It is up to the SFA/SPL and the clubs to tidy up the games, working with the police where necessary. It is up to the government, the authorities and the general population to sort out the other issues like education, poverty and drug/alcohol abuse.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Not just the west of Scotland mate, all over the UK and Ireland has those issues. The west of Scotland has the added element of sectarianism in the mix as well though, which gives those problems an added dimension.

I don't think any authories are using the footie as an excuse, but they do have to tackle (excuse the pun) the dicipline problems at these games along with the broader issues of education, poverty, drug abuse and alcohol abuse. It is up to the SFA/SPL and the clubs to tidy up the games, working with the police where necessary. It is up to the government, the authorities and the general population to sort out the other issues like edutation, poverty and drug/alcohol abuse.

Yeah, we'll see what comes out of this "Summit" between Bain, Lawwell, Salmond and the Police this week.

Honestly, i dont see what they can do to be honest, talk of trying to ban alcohol on matchdays is entirely unworkable, and could cause more problems than they fix.

Personally i stand by the view of a pub manager i used to work for, move all the Old Firm games to a Wednesday night at 8:30.

The majority of people are at work all day, by the time they get to the pub pre-game theyve only got a couple of hours before the game starts, by the time the game finishes the pubs are about to close and everyone is heading home for work in the morning.

Yeah, we'll see what comes out of this "Summit" between Bain, Lawwell, Salmond and the Police this week.

Honestly, i dont see what they can do to be honest, talk of trying to ban alcohol on matchdays is entirely unworkable, and could cause more problems than they fix.

Personally i stand by the view of a pub manager i used to work for, move all the Old Firm games to a Wednesday night at 8:30.

The majority of people are at work all day, by the time they get to the pub pre-game theyve only got a couple of hours before the game starts, by the time the game finishes the pubs are about to close and everyone is heading home for work in the morning.

Couldn't agree more. Midweek evening games are great, was only thinking that during Wednesday's match. Like a Euro night (seeing as we don't have those this season)! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

"Rangers. A permanent embarrasment and an occasional disgrece".

Never been more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

anyone know the words to that song the celtic fans were singing? I just cant get enough

When I see you Celtic,I go out of my head.
    I just can't get enough,I just can't get enough.
    All the things you do to me and all the things you say
    We slip and slide as we fall in love
    And i just cant seem to get enough of...
    Do do do do do!

When I see you Celtic,I go out of my head.
    All the things you do to me and all the things you say
    We slip and slide as we fall in love
    And i just cant seem to get enough of...
    Do do do do do!

Ahhhhhhh!

That makes more sense, i was wondering why they felt they need to tell us all about their erectile disfunction! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ahhhhhhh!

That makes more sense, i was wondering why they felt they need to tell us all about their erectile disfunction! ;)

eh???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

my 2 cents worth,
    Lennon & Alli let themselves down badly
    Doiuf is a headcase, shouldering the celtic physio when he was coming onto the pitch, running to the rangers fans at the end, grabbing Kayal by the [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL] in the last old firm (although i found it comical him of all people trying to reason sense with Boughera as boughera was physically remonstrating with the referee.

Whittakers first yellow was for persistent fouling, he 2nd was deserved.

Boughera is a knacker, his yellow for attack on hooper deserved straight red, hooper was lucky to avoid injury, if you look at photos of first red card which whittaker received, bougherra was grabbing the referee's arm, for his own red card he was out of line grabbing the referee, even the last old firm he received a yellow for sarcastically clapping the referee.

i saw the rangers fans tore up lots of the seating on wednesday night...classy folk.

Celtic received 3 yellow cards on the night and apart from Lennon everyone else acted fine.

I gotta say i respect walter smith for the way he acted during the game

big plus for both clubs is interest in the old firm games in gonna grow which should mean extra cash when tv deals are renegotiated.

bamboozle wrote: »
    my 2 cents worth,
    Lennon & Alli let themselves down badly
    Doiuf is a headcase, shouldering the celtic physio when he was coming onto the pitch, running to the rangers fans at the end, grabbing Kayal by the [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL] in the last old firm (although i found it comical him of all people trying to reason sense with Boughera as boughera was physically remonstrating with the referee.

Whittakers first yellow was for persistent fouling, he 2nd was deserved.

Boughera is a knacker, his yellow for attack on hooper deserved straight red, hooper was lucky to avoid injury, if you look at photos of first red card which whittaker received, bougherra was grabbing the referee's arm, for his own red card he was out of line grabbing the referee, even the last old firm he received a yellow for sarcastically clapping the referee.

i saw the rangers fans tore up lots of the seating on wednesday night...classy folk.

Celtic received 3 yellow cards on the night and apart from Lennon everyone else acted fine.

big plus for both clubs is interest in the old firm games in gonna grow which should mean extra cash when tv deals are renegotiated.
    I don't see what Lennon did wrong.He said something to Diouf,after he had shouldered the club doctor running on to treat a player.He had every right to say something.And at the end videos will prove it was McCoist who started the row.Its the Scottish media who love to blame the 'Old Firm' when it was obvious the team with 3 reds and 7 yellows caused it all.

And for Smith,he has acted a lot worse than Lennon in the past.See against Hibs a few seasons back.Although you won't find much mention of it in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The SFA are to take action against Celtic goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska for unsporting behaviour in last night's Old Firm clash. According to Law 4 of the SFA rulebook you are not permitted to bring on to the field of play a pair of slippers, a hot water bottle,an armchair and a copy of this weeks Celtic View.

bamboozle wrote: »

Smith came across well in this also:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9414837.stm

His players - in particular the likes of Diouf - should show him more respect. Diouf is only in the place a wet day, obviously loaned out because he's a headcase - Smith took a gamble on him and it's turning out to be a bad gamble imo.

Only issue I have with Smith is bringing him here in the first place which I think was a big mistake.

Bomb sent to Neil Lennon intercepted in Saltcoats post office.

Animals.

• Advertisement

Animals.

Dont insult the animals...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Animals.

It was a hoax. Doesnt make it any better but reallly no need for you to be so dramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

It was a hoax. Doesnt make it any better but reallly no need for you to be so dramatic.

So dramatic? What the hell are you talking about? A package disguised as a nail bomb, initially suspected and reported to be a nail bomb was sent. Roads were closed off and offices evacuated as a result. Sounds fairly dramatic to me
    Roads were closed off and surrounding offices evacuated for about 90 minutes while police officers made the scene safe.

Sandra Cooper, manager of the Move 2 Ayrshire estate agency across the street from the post office, said police cars suddenly arrived on the scene at 12.50pm and officers cleared the area

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/232881-security-tightened-around-lennon-after-bomb-hoax/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

"Rangers. A permanent embarrasment and an occasional disgrece".

Never been more apt.
    Celtic - offended by everything, ashamed by nothing.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Surely you mean O'ffended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

Poor auld Diouf, he's always the villain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

rednik wrote: »
    Poor auld Diouf, he's always the villain.

Creeeeperrrr
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

KeithAFC wrote: »

Sorry? What are we offended by and what does not shame us??:confused:

Sorry? What are we offended by and what does not shame us??:confused:

Sounds like a delusional FF rant.

KeithAFC wrote: »

While there are a section of Celtic fans that are too quick to fire emails off to UEFA whenever the Rangers disgrace themselves, which is always, I don't think its unreasonable to be 'offended' when our manager requires 24 hour armed police protection doe to the behaviour of Rangers fans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I wouldnt have too much confidence in the scottish police http://www.b3ta.com/links/Police_IT_Skills

I wouldnt have too much confidence in the scottish police http://www.b3ta.com/links/Police_IT_Skills

lol, what does that tell you other than a guy who isnt particularly keen on appearing on TV is asked by a camera crew to "look like he's working".

If anything its a screw up by the camera operator for not getting his/her angles correct.

EB, in fairness the strateclyde police show themselves up again for being the lazy b@stards they are.

Dempsey wrote: »
    EB, in fairness the strateclyde police show themselves up again for being the lazy b@stards they are.

I dont think this video proves anything other than an awkward interview, the fall out from the last OF game proves exactly what your saying though!

Advertisement