Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert schools like The Institute Of Education but cheaper?

• 02-03-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I`m currently a transition year student and this year I've realized how much I loathe my school(I will not give the name) and am not suited to the typical school experience . Its not that I`ve realized I need to do LCA but reading up on IOE it sounds like my ideal school.
    The thing is IOE costs are extremely expensive. My parents definitely do not have enough money for it and I dont want to pressure them by mentioning it, could anyone recommended schools like IOE in the Dublin or Limerick/North Tipparery area but not as dear? Or have good experiences in the school they went too. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leaving Cert 2013

Try the Limerick Tutorial College, its the exact same as the IOE, i dont know the fees but I say it would be cheaper than the IOE, you should try it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 roxykid07

What about the Ormonde Education centre in Templeogue Dublin?
    I here its cheaper than IOE but the same idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

The Tutorial College in Limerick is an option. I know people who are currently there, they seem to be getting on quite well. I've heard that it costs about 10 grand per year. I think the base fee is about 7, but there are hidden costs. Don't quote me on this now but I think their after school study isn't included in that fee (Yet, I believe it's compulsory for students to attend) and there are notes to be bought during the year so it totals about 10 grand. :/ I haven't a clue how that compares with The Institute.
    You need to consider what would suit your work methods the best. If it's that you need the discipline of a long day to get your work done or whatever, I'd say it's a good option. If you find yourself struggling with your subjects then I'd suggest grinds rather than the full move to a school like that.
    I'm sure they have a website :)

Advertisement