Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Clever New Log Title Here>

Options
  • 02-03-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Finally back running/doing something after stopping rowing and generally being totally lazy for the past few months.
    Trying to do the GIR, on week 3 of HH, did a 2.5 mile yesterday in 21.41 (8.40 min/mile) felt pretty good, ive been starting to remember why I enjoyed this so much :D
    35 Mins cross on the rowing machine today, nothing hard, splits are nothing like back when I was rowing, kinda demoralising to see it, but whatever, its great to be back training for something again :)

HH says 2 miles and strength tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to all my runs now :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Jesus, one day and down to page 3! :eek: cant be slipping so :p

2 miles: 16 mins 49, 8.25 min/mile

Loved it, bit cold today though :D Told myself to slow down after tuesdays run, wanted to get the pace down, checked my clock, did the first mile in ~8.18... Oh well, wasn't in a heap after, although I am meaning to take the pace down a little bit.

Strength went horrible. Doing the Hundredpushups and twohundredsitups online programs, failure tests monday.

Knew that my 12 push-ups (I know, embarrasing:o) should have placed me in a column of 10, 12, 7, 7, 9+ with 1min rest on each... I went for it though stupidly, ending up getting:

10, 12, 6, 4, 4.

Going to move down to column 2 for the rest of the week, then I'll see what I'll do.

Sit ups: Failure test 17. Today did, as called: (9, 9, 6, 6, 8+)
    9, 9, 6, 6, 9.

Well happy with it :D

HH calling for rest tomorrow, cross on saturday (50 minute on rower) and gonna do week 1 day 2 of my pushups/situps.

Here goes nothing! :)

Miles to date: 20, 8 runs

God, page 4 you really move so fast!
    Couldn't get on the rower, I was out walking loads, and brisk like, but really not what I wanted to do :/ ah well, next time so.

Moved down a column in the pushups, so this time it asked me only to do: 6, 8, 6, 6, 7+
    Did it, except only five on the last set. Shouldn't have went so hard thursday, arms were killing me, it was stupidly hard tbh, so I gave in a bit quicker today tbh, didn't want to do anything stupid and wasn't sure (still givin it socks though :p) Arms still very sore!

Did Day 2 of the situps: 9, 9, 12, 9, 10+
    Got 11 on the last set.

4 Mile run tomorrow, longest since I've started back, looking forward to it!

EDIT: Actually I was supposed to wait 90 seconds instead of 60 between pushups, probably didn't help :P

4 miles/6.4k : 34:19. (5:22/km, 8:35/mile) Really should have slowed this down more!

KM splits: (my course is measured in kms, easier than miles)
    5.12 (strange, and this was the one with most hills)
    2.03 (0.4km)

Bit hard, but I really enjoyed it actually! Reckon I might slow it down a bit for the 4 Miles next week though.

Tomorrow stretch+strengthen says HH, gonna do Week1 Day3 of pushups and situps along with a good bit of stretching!

And congrats to everyone who did Barcelona today!

Stretch+Strengthen:
    Stretching and Pushups+Situps, Week 1 Day 3:
    Pushups: (w/ 120 seconds rest)
    8, 10, 7, 7, 10+
    Did it on the button, 10 on the last set

Situps: (w/ 60 seconds rest)
    12, 15, 11, 11, 15+
    Again, on the button like the pushups.

On thursday I'm gonna stay on Week One, but move up to the third (the highest) column. Its a smaller increase, but sure I'm in no hurry to get these things done! :p

3 Miles tomorrow!

Suppose to be 3 miles today, just rounded up to 5k and went on.
    Time: 26.38 - 5.19/5.20 per km, 8.36 per mile
    Need to slow down a bit more/a lot more, have to learn to pace myself.

KM splits:

So yeah, that third km stands out. I can only measure by time at each km, its the only way of getting my speed cause I've no Garmin or anything, so I told myself to slow down a bit after KM 2. Panicked when I saw the split for KM 3, cause I only wanted to go down to ~5.25/km. So told myself to speed up a small bit again, clearly overdid it. Then for the last one I sped up again.. not really what I wanted.

On the plus side, its 5k at sub-55 pace for 10k, actually under it! I might look at sub-55 for the GIR, gonna run up in the park on sunday for my long run and I'll see how it is!

Cooldown run after and some stretching.
    Cross-training tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Pretty annoyed...
    Big long rehearsal session combined with homework, study for easter tests, and dublin bus being just stupid (:p) meant I didn't have any cross-training done... unless you count the ~30 min walk from my school to the bus stop, which I don't really, but I mean, its better than nothing I guess!

Anyway, 2 miles+Strength tomorrow

So happy with the run today!
    So so so so very happy :D
    Told myself to slow down, but after I did the first KM in 5.09 and felt fine, the writing really was on the wall :p

3.5km/~2.2miles - 17.35 - 5.01/km

KM splits:
    2.17 (0.5km)

Everything just kinda picked up on the last 1.5km :p Decided to slow down after KM 1, but then it was just like, come on lets go! :D Could have for a couple KM's more aswell! But that a nice 800m cool-down jog ended things wonderfully! :)

Pushups and Situps went grand aswell, did them both on the button, they were really very hard though!

Both with 60 seconds rest:
    Pushups:
    10, 12, 7, 7, 9

Situps:
    15, 18, 10, 10, 14

Not so good today.
    Only managed to get 20-25 mins on rower today, bit of walking today aswell, but I need to start taking the cross-training more seriously. >.<

Situps were grand, did 15, 18, 15, 15 ,18 w/ 60 seconds rest.
    I say grand, fairly hard towards end though :p

Pushups were fine until the last:
    10, 12, 8, 8, 9 w/90 secs rest. Instead of the 12 I was supposed to do. Don't know what happened here, felt pretty strong until it.. oh well.

Doing 4 miles tomorrow in the Phoenix Park, on a course which will almost be the first 4 miles of the GIR, so we'll see how that goes... Don't know what hills are like, but apparently according to MMR the highest gradient is 3% and I've been doing 7% stretches in my usual run, so I'm not overly worried:)

Well that went amazing! :D
    Did roughly the first 6.5k of the GIR course, felt great, and didn't realise I was going so fast :o Still, KM 1+2 were way too fast, so took it down after that.
    KM 6 was awful hard though, I was blasted with a headwind coming up the hill and doing the S-bends, but I was still reasonably strong... So looks like I should be revising my sub-55 target maybe!

6.5 KM - 32.16 - 4 mins 58 seconds/KM

Splits:
    5.29 (Wind+Hills)
    2.19 (0.5KM)

These are rounded so mightn't add up perfectly...

Going to Gogol Bordello Tuesday in the Olympia and out on Thursday so wondering how I'll do all this next week :p

Its looking to be:
    Monday: Stretch+Strengthen
    Tuesday: Gogol
    Wednesday: 3 miles
    Thursday (AM): 2 miles and strength, then heading out
    Friday: Nothing
    Saturday: Cross + Pushups/Situps
    Sunday: 4.5 miles

Though this may change.

Monday:
    Pushups:
    11, 15, 9, 8, 8
    Repeating week, I've really struggled all week.

Situps:
    17, 22, 14, 14, 17
    Repeating week again, I did fail the last set after all, might as well build up more strength.

Tuesday:
    Gogol Bordello w/ And So I Watch You From Afar as support, unbelievable! Nearly dead at the end, they went forty minutes overtime, and anyone whos ever seen Gogol live will know how nuts it is :p What a night though!

Wednesday:
    Dont want to do this run, not looking forward to it... I'll do it later, promise :p!

• Advertisement

Wednesday: Ended up not going, I'd like to say it was cause I was tired (and it was partly that) but I was mostly lazy.

Thursday: Did 2.5 miles and strength in the morning before out for paddys day. :cool:
    4 KM: 20.25 - 5.06min/km

Pushups:
    10, 12, 7, 7, 9 (60 secs rest)

Situps:
    15, 18, 10, 10, 14 (60 secs rest)

Friday:
    Nothing love it :D

Cross and strength tomorrow, and 4.5 mile run sunday.

Friday: Rest day (scheduled anyway)

Saturday:
    Since my cross has been so ****, I'm gonna start small again and work up.
    Did some walking as well, but for actual cross, 25 mins on rowing machine.

Pushups:
    10, 12, 9, 9, 11 (one short on last set, 90 secs rest)

Situps:
    15, 18, 15, 15, 18 (60 secs rest)

Gonna do 4.5 miles tomorrow, out in the park again!

Well that was crap.

Slowed the pace down by ~20 secs/km but I could only get 5k done, almost dead after them... really feeling terrible, I've been real tired now lately >.<

I think my ego's honestly gotten the better of me on my long runs, going along at ridiculous paces I can't actually maintain from week to week, I've been finishing too tired.

I'm going to go for a fresh start now, build up slowly, but keep the pace down. I've been finishing my runs too tired, all of them, and I know I shouldn't have been pushing this hard.

Going to take the KM pace down another 15-20 seconds, and just going to build again slowly, I'll see if I can pick a race to build to soon.

5k @ 5.20/km today.

Plan for next week:
    Monday: Stretch+Strength
    Tuesday: 2.5 miles
    Wednesday: 1.5 miles
    Thursday: 2.5 miles + Strength
    Friday: None
    Saturday: 20 mins rowing machine
    Sunday: 3 miles

Pace down around 9 min/mile for everything during the week, and down another 10-15 secs/mile for the sunday run. Overall volume is slightly larger, but I'm spreading it a bit now, and going slower, so I should manage well, hopefully

Great, I go to start on my 'new beginning', and I get a sick. For a week and a half. :mad:

But, I'm all back now, ready to make a good start, and not stupid enough (hopefully:o) to let my ego get the better of me and push it to much!

Lets go ;):p

Advertisement