Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joining a local team

• 02-03-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

As some of you may know, I have lost a colossal amount of weight. I would like to explore my new found fitness and join a football team(gym gets tedious sometimes). I have enquired about joining some local clubs, which will remain nameless and gotten no response whatsoever. If there's anyone here that's involved with a team in the North Dublin area(nearer Finglas the better), i'd appreciate it if they could help me out. Cheers.

Note: I am very very bad at football and really want to join a team to keep fit and have some craic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hi there, congrats on the weight loss first off!

I have found with my experience at football, if the level isnt all that high a huge amount of fitness is not needed. Basically the training isnt all that taxing even if the matches are, and usually training is only once or twice a week at most.

Personally I find that I would be more tired/have put in more effort in a solid hour of five a side than I would in the two hours that my team are training because in training you are rarely pushing yourself, often practicing shooting, passing, crossing, defending set pieces etc.

So if it is a cardio workout you are looking for to vary from the usual gym routine I would suggest maybe looking for a regular 5 a side game, if its a team you are looking for perhaps take a look on gumtree, teams often advertise for players there but you would probably be more likely to be successful during the summer/off season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bohemians are looking for players.

Advertisement