Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Sure Signal

Options
  • 02-03-2011 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Its fantastic news that Vodafone have launched the 'Sure Signal' and are rectifying the bad reception in what appears to be many areas going by previous posts. Think 98% Coverage is a bit of a stretch.

Can anyone clarify why exactly paying customers to a telecommunications service now have to pay to have coverage? This should be part of what a telecommunications company offers automatically.

I'm in Dublin. House has standard walls (if they're too thick they advise that you'll have little to no reception) and is old enough to have little to no insulation (too much insulation is another reason they give for no reception), there's no coverage anywhere in the house, and poor coverage outside. Have been through it all with Vodafone, who have guarantee they will do the sum total of absolutly, nothing. The most basic phone doesn't work here so it is not a 3G/iPhone issue. Vodafone think it might be an issue with iPhone, although I have made it clear that it is down to the most basic Nokias that have this issue. They are not willing to believe that there's just NO SIGNAL.

I’m amazed people are buying this rather then demanding it from their ‘service’ provider.

Anyone else with similar issue?

Vodafone Sure Signal, should you have to pay for it? 15 votes

No, you should never have to pay for Sure Signal.
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, you should pay for Sure Signal no matter what the circumstances are.
    53% 8 votes
    No, if Vodafone states that your area has coverage but there is no coverage in your home or office.
    6% 1 vote
    Yes, if they have stated clearly when signing contract that area has poor coverage.
    40% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

No networks guarantee indoor coverage or that every nook and cranny of the country will be covered. A mobile phone signal can only penetrate so far and a 3G penetrates less than a 2G one, it's a limitation of the technology and they're not going to erect a mast just because one person complained since they cost about half a million each. Sure signal is a good thing imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3G signal can go further if comreg stop stalling on the licence for the 900mhz bandwidth. 3 are practically begging them.

Sure signal has it's pro's but the one major flaw from a customers point of view is that vodafone won't be rolling out masts where the generally would have to. So great you can have 5 bars of 3G signal when your within range of the sure signal but you'r still going to have crap signal when you walk outside your door. Great way of vodafone saving money but crap news for customers hoping their real 3G coverage will improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

Its fantastic news that Vodafone have launched the 'Sure Signal' and are rectifying the bad reception in what appears to be many areas going by previous posts. Think 98% Coverage is a bit of a stretch.

Can anyone clarify why exactly paying customers to a telecommunications service now have to pay to have coverage? This should be part of what a telecommunications company offers automatically.

I'm in Dublin. House has standard walls (if they're too thick they advise that you'll have little to no reception) and is old enough to have little to no insulation (too much insulation is another reason they give for no reception), there's no coverage anywhere in the house, and poor coverage outside. Have been through it all with Vodafone, who have guarantee they will do the sum total of absolutly, nothing. The most basic phone doesn't work here so it is not a 3G/iPhone issue. Vodafone think it might be an issue with iPhone, although I have made it clear that it is down to the most basic Nokias that have this issue. They are not willing to believe that there's just NO SIGNAL.

I’m amazed people are buying this rather then demanding it from their ‘service’ provider.

Anyone else with similar issue?
    Read your contract.. bet it doesnt guarantee indoor signal.. so i think paying a once off fee is quite acceptable..

Advertisement