Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket Broadband

Options
  • 02-03-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Got a leaflet in the post for rocket broadband, 4Mb connection for 25euro, has anybody heard of them and are they any good, currently with permanet but for the same price I only get a 1Mb connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

where in wex are you mate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 5 voip

Hi,

Looked around there site, and particularly there terms and conditions.

They say repeatedly throughout their site "unlimited downloads": Not true (use the misleading "subject to fair use policy") Fair use policy states, and I quote:

"9.4 Subscribers shall ensure that they do not exceed fair usage limits other wise excess levies may be applied.
    The fair usage limits are: products billing less than 30 Euro per month 40 GB per month.
    Products billing over 30 Euro per month 100 GB usage allowance. Excess usage maybe billed at 2c per MB, or service speeds will be reduced."

Not only is it limited but says "usage limits" NOT download limits, so that probably means they will count uploaded data as well as downloaded data.
    Further more, I don't consider 2.5% of available downloadable bandwidth fair use. 5Mb/s at full tilt is roughly 1600 GB download.

It would not be difficult on the broadband plans page

http://www.rocketbroadband.ie/index.php?id=4

to replace the word "unlimited" with 40 GB and 100 GB.

It is done in a deliberate attempt to mislead, that being the case I would stay clear.

Advertisement