Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamebox fail?

• 02-03-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Started up my gamebox for the 1st time on my cabinet, but if you see the video below it doesn't go according to plan. It did work on someone elses cabinet though ... and my double dragon board works fine on my cab.

any ideas what might be up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMpanlS3CfI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gfx glitches, maybe the 5v needs adjusting? Have you taken a reading from the psu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

How do I do that? I'ma bit wary of being electrocuted!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hygro wrote: »
    How do I do that? I'ma bit wary of being electrocuted!:eek:

If your not confident then don't try it. You'll have to measure the 5v output from the PSU & see where it's reading, using a multimeter. These are adjustable & can cause gfx issues etc when set wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

sh1t3 sorry to see that Hygro.Hope it works out for ya
    Can't offer much help as I'm new to this game as well. How do you know it works fine in another cab.Did u see it working? was it using the same atx power supply
    Its just strange that it boots all the way to the game select screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's something very similar to the 5v problem I had. My PCB games would work, but when I put something in that required more juice (a neo geo 6 slot board) I only got a garbled picture.

I check it with a multimeter and the board was getting 4.3v..which was fine for my PCB games but not enough for the 6 slot.

I couldn't adjust the 5V as I had a standard PC atx power supply in it..which doesn't have anything to adjust.

Mitch gave me a switching power supply which could be adjusted to the 5v..and then the 6 slot came to life.

• Advertisement

i've contacted arcademachines.ie about it anyway, so gonna see what they say. unky i tried it in another cab last night and it seemed fine. strange that it might need more voltage given it has it's own power supply. i should have waited a couple of more weeks to save for an xxxx in 1 ;(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Saw similar before with my own cab.
    Dont what they're called but tweaking 2 potentiometers at the back of the monitor sorted it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

you need to tweek the monitor a bit,that should bring it in.try the hoz/vert hold

Cheers for the tips about adjusting the monitor, it worked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent! glad to hear it.

How are the games playing? Any lag or issues yet? Or could you even tell it's a multiboard?

• Advertisement

hard to tell, I've just been testing the buttons I've wired up so far. Haven't even connected them, or the joysticks, to the cp yet. They look pretty original to me (the ones I've seen running anyway ... the sound is excellent if that's anything to go by :pac:)

Advertisement