Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician Rates?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys,

Just wondering can anyone tell me the rate/hour an employer should be paying a qualified sparks now?

I know it used to be €21.49/hour..

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chapo

Howya Mossey - depends on what part of the industry you're employed in. Check out [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEEU at:
    Lo Call 1890 488338
    [/FONT]bullets_49.gif[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fax 01 874 7048[/FONT]
    bullets_49.gif[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Email: info@teeu.ie[/FONT]
    bullets_49.gif[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Website: www.teeu.ie[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mossy!

Chapo wrote: »
    Howya Mossey - depends on what part of the industry you're employed in. Check out [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEEU at:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lo Call 1890 488338[/FONT]
    bullets_49.gif[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fax 01 874 7048[/FONT]
    bullets_49.gif[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Email: info@teeu.ie[/FONT]
    bullets_49.gif[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Website: www.teeu.ie[/FONT]

Cheers for that..
    I had just emailed them awhile ago..
    May wait to see what they say.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'd be interested in the costs aswell for this.

I'm pricing up a job whereby I need 2 bodies to pull plastic tubing. I think a spark would be the ideal person to do this as they are used to pulling cables on a regular basis. I don't think I would need a fully qualified person as there is no electrical work involved. Its basically pulling 1/4" plastic tubing from one area of a building to another (typical runs are about 70-80m average).

If I am successful in the bid, the work would last 12-15 months so would be good to know what it would cost me?

'Not fully qualified' usually means an apprentice. Apprentices cannot work without a qualified sparks in the company (to ensure training is appropriate). Also the work specified would not be a suitable learning experience for an apprentice - too repetitive and not technical enough to help him/er to complete a proper apprenticeship.
    A recently qualified, unemployed young spark then? Or a plumber?

Chapo wrote: »
    A recently qualified, unemployed young spark then? Or a plumber?

maybe so...any idea of rates then?

• Advertisement

The union representing most sparks and plumbers is TEEU. The union can even put you in contact with unemployed tradespersons as well as giving you the rates.

Check out TEEU at:
    Lo Call 1890 488338
    bullets_49.gifFax 01 874 7048
    bullets_49.gifEmail: info@teeu.ie
    bullets_49.gifWebsite: www.teeu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

sorry lex if ya dont mind me asking, what sort of job are you doing that would take that lenght of time???

evosteo wrote: »
    sorry lex if ya dont mind me asking, what sort of job are you doing that would take that lenght of time???

Its a project that will take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Barrysham

Hi guys,
    I'm a qualified plumber for about 10 years and have never been a member of any union. Im thinking of joining the TEEU now.
    Just looking for some advice really. Is it worth my while or a waste of money? What are the advantages/disadvantages? I work for a small company (6 workers) for the last 9 years and have never had any problems with them.
    Any advice wud be great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Barrysham wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm a qualified plumber for about 10 years and have never been a member of any union. Im thinking of joining the TEEU now.

I think that you would be better off starting a thread here or here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement