Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of installing two power showers?

• 02-03-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

We're having a bit of a problem with the existing shower so I'm thinking about replacing both of them with power showers. I'm wondering would anybody know how much it would cost me to:

A) buy two power shower units (what brand name should I be looking for?)

B) install them

C) the difference in price between installing mains and tank-fed units, where mains pipes are already in place

D) I don't have a clue about the leading firms in this industry but if there are some, who would be the best, and cheapest, contractor to install these showers?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

We're having a bit of a problem with the existing shower so I'm thinking about replacing both of them with power showers. I'm wondering would anybody know how much it would cost me to:

A) buy two power shower units (what brand name should I be looking for?) Aquastream thermostatic power shower is the best about 500 euro each

B) install them 150-250 for plumber. 150 for electrician

C) the difference in price between installing mains and tank-fed units, where mains pipes are already in place Power showers are not mains or tank fed. be careful. Its actually about 150 euro for both types.

D) I don't have a clue about the leading firms in this industry but if there are some, who would be the best, and cheapest, contractor to install these showers? Where are you based....Might be a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its two instantaneous electric showers that you want to fit, then you can expect to pay more than €150 to have them fitted. You will need to have a non priority shower unit installed, which is about €100 on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Heres my story: when i built my house i put in one power shower the aqua valve 609 from aqualisa (Recessed type looks very tidy), i bought it here in ireland from a local tile/bathroom store. I paid 500 euro for it (that price didnt included a 2.0 bar pump the pump cost another 230 euro).... anyways while doing up my ensuite i decided id put in another aqua valve 609 as i was so happy with the existing one.

Went online a found the uk website selling it for less than half the price i paid, i ordered it on a sunday night the following tuesday it was on my desk at work waiting for me.

I've since bought two more for my parents its an excellent shower and is still selling here in ireland for just over 500 euro. Rip off ireland at its best again!!!

Heres the site:
    http://www.showerstoyou.co.uk/product_desc.php?id=16&strtitle=Aqualisa_Mixer_Shower_Aquavalve_609_Chrome_Valve__Varispray_Kit

I installed both showers myself bare in mind you need two pipes to each shower i.e. hot and cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Heres my story: when i built my house i put in one power shower the aqua valve 609 from aqualisa (Recessed type looks very tidy), i bought it here in ireland from a local tile/bathroom store. I paid 500 euro for it (that price didnt included a 2.0 bar pump the pump cost another 230 euro).... anyways while doing up my ensuite i decided id put in another aqua valve 609 as i was so happy with the existing one.

Went online a found the uk website selling it for less than half the price i paid, i ordered it on a sunday night the following tuesday it was on my desk at work waiting for me.

I've since bought two more for my parents its an excellent shower and is still selling here in ireland for just over 500 euro. Rip off ireland at its best again!!!

Heres the site:
    http://www.showerstoyou.co.uk/product_desc.php?id=16&strtitle=Aqualisa_Mixer_Shower_Aquavalve_609_Chrome_Valve__Varispray_Kit

I installed both showers myself bare in mind you need two pipes to each shower i.e. hot and cold

I have sold aqualisa for years. Its not rip off ireland its a case of not knowing the differences in the valves, local vat and the fact that aqualisa is in england not ireland so it would be cheaper

But well done. Just be careful. Parts for the valve can be a little different.

Its a nice story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Afraid not Joey both valves are exactly the same i installed both so i know. even the documentation and packing was the same.

What price do you sell the one i showed in my last post joey?

Last time i looked there was only a few percentages difference in our vat rate with the uk and i know the currency difference is a factor too but still someone is doing well out of it

520 euro in ireland & 209 stg (245 euro) thats a crazy difference the OP can buy two from the UK for the same money he can only buy one here.

I bought all my bathroom & kitchen stuff from the uk even got an excellent whirlpool bath sent over from this website http://www.watermarkspas.co.uk/

saved over 1000 euro on the bath only 90 euro to ship it.

I know some plumbing fitting in the UK are different but there are ways around that... on occasions i even picked up fitting to convert from irish to uk sizes in B&Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Thanks everybody. Those prices seem a bit steep for my budget so, at present, for the two mains electric showers that I need, I'm looking at the following:

1. Triton Seville 10.5kW Electric Shower - White

2. Triton Martinique 10.5kW.

As we are using the mains water supply, will both of the above electric showers be suitable? Do any of you have experience with them?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

[QUOTE=Joey the lips
    B) install them 150-250 for plumber. 150 for electrician
    [/B].[/QUOTE]

You could be way off the Mark here , how can you give a quite like that without even seeing the job , seems a bit cheap considering you have to get a hot and cold to each shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

sullzz wrote: »
    You could be way off the Mark here , how can you give a quite like that without even seeing the job , seems a bit cheap considering you have to get a hot and cold to each shower

Have to agree with with you on that with out looking at the job it's almost impossible to price. Also keep in mind that if you install two power showers you might need to install a bigger immersion tank with the standard one in an average house you would be lucky to get two showers from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Do you need both these showers to operate at the same time? If you do you may need to upgrade the power supply. I would speak to an electrician to help you price this out. You might be better putting in a pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Do you need both these showers to operate at the same time? If you do you may need to upgrade the power supply. I would speak to an electrician to help you price this out. You might be better putting in a pump.

Well, I suppose so on occasion. It's the family home and occasionally the two showers would be in use simultaneously. As there's some urgency on installing them, I bought the above two electric showers early this morning so I'll have to get a spark out later in the week to see what he can do. If it's too expensive I'll just send them back. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,621 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Be absolutely sure that they are mains fed showers, don't connect a tank fed to mains.

Advertisement