Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katemin

That sucks Jessible, anything since?

At least you can contact them tomorrow if you haven't heard?

Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

katemin wrote: »
    That sucks Jessible, anything since?

At least you can contact them tomorrow if you haven't heard?

Best of luck with it!

Heard nothing from them at all not a peep. I sent the email today... I dont know its not looking too good really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomoshea

hey just wondering are there many people who have recieved their LOI using gmail accounts?? i will be waiting 11 weeks on this friday and am not waiting on a medical. all the other emails i have received went straight into my inbox, wondering could i have deleted it from my junk mail.........?? tried contacting them but got same replies as everyone else :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

tomoshea wrote: »
    hey just wondering are there many people who have recieved their LOI using gmail accounts?? i will be waiting 11 weeks on this friday and am not waiting on a medical. all the other emails i have received went straight into my inbox, wondering could i have deleted it from my junk mail.........?? tried contacting them but got same replies as everyone else :mad:

I'm on gmail and it went straight into my inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

11 weeks.... wow im on 9 or 10. em yeah they must me up to their eyes , applications flying in their door then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

At the beginning their emails went to my junk/spam. But after adding their address to my contacts, all their emails went straight to inbox. I'm a gmail user.

I wouldn't call them unless you're waiting more than 8weeks.
    So from the date your application was sent from Paris to London, its been 11 weeks? If that's the case, I would call them.
    You might be on hold for a long time, but I wouldn't hang up until I got a human being on the other end. Use a phone card or whatever so it won't cost you so much.
    Here's some info might help, although you probably have it all anyway:

High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom in London
    Macdonald House
    1 Grosvenor Square
    London, W1K 4AB
    Telephone: 0207 258 6600 - their general number

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/offices-bureaux/index.aspx?lang=eng#immigration

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx?lang=eng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomoshea

1st phase completed and sent to uk on 2nd february. when it was accepted in paris i was given a total processing time of 8 weeks. its in uk 9 weeks this week.

as i said ive emailed them and got back general email -

Good afternoon;

Please be advised that due to an extremely high volume of International Experience Canada applications received over the course of the past two months, your application may take longer than the eight week approximated date to be processed.

It is possible that you have already received your response from the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK. We recommend that applicants periodically check their junk mail settings and junk mail inbox, as some types of email accounts automatically forward responses from the Visa Section there.

We thank you for your appreciation in this matter.
    Best regards,

The IEC Team

i also rang the embassy and if you dont pick one of the 9 options on the recorded message you get put through to reception, they dont seem to want to know about it but she did put me through to the 'IEC emergency voicemail'! i left one put still no contact back.

not much more i can do, was hoping to headto canada in april but doesnt look like ill be going atal now!!

in fairness they should be able to put your client i.d. number into a computer and tell you the status of your application, if you are gone over the total processing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

1st phase completed and sent to uk on 2nd february. when it was accepted in paris i was given a total processing time of 8 weeks. its in uk 9 weeks this week.

as i said ive emailed them and got back general email -

Good afternoon;

Please be advised that due to an extremely high volume of International Experience Canada applications received over the course of the past two months, your application may take longer than the eight week approximated date to be processed.

It is possible that you have already received your response from the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK. We recommend that applicants periodically check their junk mail settings and junk mail inbox, as some types of email accounts automatically forward responses from the Visa Section there.

We thank you for your appreciation in this matter.
    Best regards,

The IEC Team

i also rang the embassy and if you dont pick one of the 9 options on the recorded message you get put through to reception, they dont seem to want to know about it but she did put me through to the 'IEC emergency voicemail'! i left one put still no contact back.

not much more i can do, was hoping to headto canada in april but doesnt look like ill be going atal now!!

in fairness they should be able to put your client i.d. number into a computer and tell you the status of your application, if you are gone over the total processing time.

This is an absolute joke. I also got that email response. That reply suggests that we could be waiting indefinitly for our visa. What is the point of having an email address for those who have gone over the processing time when they cleary dont even check the applicants number/file and just send an automated response. I was thinking of ringing france. I dont know what to do but I certainly dont want to be here in another 6weeks time and none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Du

Same, and with prices of flights going up every day the longer I leave it the less chance there is that I'll actually go. ****ing joke of a system in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bathurst

Hey all, I was in Canada from Sptember 09- Sept 10, then I went back on a holiday from September till March just gone.

My application was accepted and sent to London on the 10th of March. So it's been five weeks today. My girlfriend is Canadian (still there waiting!) and I have a job to return to once I get there so as you can imagine I'm stressed out of my head sitting around here waiting for this and dreading getting bad news!!

I see some people are here saying they have been waiting longer than the 6 weeks but just wondering what is the average time for the 2nd phase and what reasons are people being refused at this stage?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

Hey everyone, my application was received in France on the 28th February and then sent to London on the 7th March with a total processing time of 6 weeks, as of yet I have heard nothing back about the visa....seems there are others in the same boat as me, it kinda sucks :confused: hope to hear something soon..as i'm driving myself round the bend, checking my email constantly..ah the joys, it's like waiting for results of an exam:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Application sent to uk 9th feb.

Received Medical form in the post 8th of april , today ...

Up to 10 weeks in total waiting .....

moncy25 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, my application was received in France on the 28th February and then sent to London on the 7th March with a total processing time of 6 weeks, as of yet I have heard nothing back about the visa....seems there are others in the same boat as me, it kinda sucks :confused: hope to hear something soon..as i'm driving myself round the bend, checking my email constantly..ah the joys, it's like waiting for results of an exam:mad:

I suppose we can take comfort in knowing it's not just us individually and must just be a back up.... I hope!!

Must say when I got it before it wasn't half as much stress!

Ya definitely Bathurst, I'm definitely taking comfort in knowing it isn't just me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Do many people get refused at the london stage? And if so on what grounds? I have my flights booked for May 24th and I am still waiting for an email from Paris. It was only received there on Tuesday. How long has it taken most people to get the initial acceptance from Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Hey Guys,

I too have been through the ringer, got a work permit extension rejected in February 2010 and have been back home for a year. My application was sent to London March 1st.

The positive news has clearly dried up, for whatever reason. It seemed like there was a lot of good things happening until a few weeks ago. They must be swamped there as the early birds got positive news (but for a few) and now the rest of us just have to wait and hope for the best.

I'd say the 6 week rule was an initial guideline given, but considering this is the first time the program has come in to affect, it may have only been provisional. I remember when I got my USIT one in 2008, and when my application was sent for a work permit extension in Canada, it took about 3 months in both occasions. These things tend to be slow, bureaucratic processes, but it's the only way to do it.

My advice to anyone is to be patient and try to keep yourself busy outside of waiting for the email. Easier said than done I know, but there's absolutely nothing anyone can do at this stage because applications are out of anyone's hands now. It could be lost, but it most probably isn't, it's just amongst a big pile of desperate Irish under 35 year olds, all praying they get to be the next one's to book the one-way flight.

Hopefully everyone can hang tough and, if you are fortunate enough to get the email with LOI then post it here, because everyone could do with a bit of good news some time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Bathurst wrote: »
    Hey all, I was in Canada from Sptember 09- Sept 10, then I went back on a holiday from September till March just gone.

My application was accepted and sent to London on the 10th of March. So it's been five weeks today. My girlfriend is Canadian (still there waiting!) and I have a job to return to once I get there so as you can imagine I'm stressed out of my head sitting around here waiting for this and dreading getting bad news!!

I see some people are here saying they have been waiting longer than the 6 weeks but just wondering what is the average time for the 2nd phase and what reasons are people being refused at this stage?

Thanks

Your poor girfriendl and poor you! I'm Canadian and waiting on my boyfriend & his visa as well, his was sent to London March 4th. It's AWFUL! I don't know, kind of seems like it's gotten backed up all of a sudden because I haven't really heard about anyone who had theirs sent to London in the beginning of March, has gotten an LOI yet. The average time seemed to be 4-6 weeks in London, but not too sure anymore..

lindzation wrote: »
    Your poor girfriendl and poor you! I'm Canadian and waiting on my boyfriend & his visa as well, his was sent to London March 4th. It's AWFUL! I don't know, kind of seems like it's gotten backed up all of a sudden because I haven't really heard about anyone who had theirs sent to London in the beginning of March, has gotten an LOI yet. The average time seemed to be 4-6 weeks in London, but not too sure anymore..

Yes it's a nightmare alright! Starting to check the e-mail obsessively at this stage. I haven't heard of anyone that sent it in London in March that has got it either, which I suppose can be taken as good news!! Best of luck anyway hope it all works out as it should. Keep me posted if you get any news if you could please? Be good to know when someone around the same time frame as myself gets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ivanpower

from what im reading on forums, London seems to send off the LOI's in batches.... they seems to weight and review a heap of them then email off the LOi's 2gether instead of emailing the loi after each apllication check..

So when one of us gets them within next week or the week after! HOPING:D...we should all recieve them 2geter..again HOPING..LOL:D:D

ivanpower wrote: »
    from what im reading on forums, London seems to send off the LOI's in batches.... they seems to weight and review a heap of them then email off the LOi's 2gether instead of emailing the loi after each apllication check..

So when one of us gets them within next week or the week after! HOPING:D...we should all recieve them 2geter..again HOPING..LOL:D:D

I quite like this theory, I hope you are right!!! :D

• Advertisement

Bathurst wrote: »
    Yes it's a nightmare alright! Starting to check the e-mail obsessively at this stage. I haven't heard of anyone that sent it in London in March that has got it either, which I suppose can be taken as good news!! Best of luck anyway hope it all works out as it should. Keep me posted if you get any news if you could please? Be good to know when someone around the same time frame as myself gets it.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.. my boyfriend is actually anti internet/email, and has actually been checking his everyday (if it was me it would be every 5 mins or so.. hehe)
    Anyway, will definitely let you know as soon as I know any news!! If you could do the same for me that would be awesome :)

Hey Everyone at 15.39 today I received my LOI, was sent to London 7th March 2011.........best of luck everyone who has been waiting that you get it today...shaking with excitement..was getting worried..phew:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Hey Everyone at 15.39 today I received my LOI, was sent to London 7th March 2011.........best of luck everyone who has been waiting that you get it today...shaking with excitement..was getting worried..phew:D:D:D

Congrats!! Mine was sent on the 2nd of March, so hopefully I'll hear something soon too!

congrats!..when do u plan on going?

congrats!..when do u plan on going?

Hey Ivan, have my ticket booked for 18th May to Toronto:D:D heading over by myself so plan on booking into a backpackers for a couple of days, and hopefully meet a few Irish people while there...there is no shortage of them over there anyway:D:D:D

Hey Ivan, have my ticket booked for 18th May to Toronto:D:D heading over by myself so plan on booking into a backpackers for a couple of days, and hopefully meet a few Irish people while there...there is no shortage of them over there anyway:D:D:D[/QUOT

super, my flights are booked for the 4th may, im goin on my own aswell! absolutly nerve wrecking!

so u have been waiting 5 weeks and one day in london yes?

Hey Ivan, have my ticket booked for 18th May to Toronto:D:D heading over by myself so plan on booking into a backpackers for a couple of days, and hopefully meet a few Irish people while there...there is no shortage of them over there anyway:D:D:D

super, my flights are booked for the 4th may, im goin on my own aswell! absolutly nerve wrecking!

Yep 5 weeks, a little nerve wrecking alright:eek: but once you get there it'll be grand...I've been there a few times and people are lovely so should fit right in, when I have been there I didn't want to leave, hope it's the same this time, I think my biggest fear is where to live over there, but i'm sure it won't take long to figure it out, fingers crossed anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

More news on the acceptance front...a friend of mine got a phone call from them in London today who were looking at his application and just wanted to clarify something. She told him that he is going to get his visa approved. This was this afternoon, and he's yet to receive an email about it.

Sounds like things are happening today! His was sent to London in the second week of March. If in fact they are getting sent from Paris to London in batches, then watch this space as obviously there's a bit of positive movement at last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

More news on the acceptance front...a friend of mine got a phone call from them in London today who were looking at his application and just wanted to clarify something. She told him that he is going to get his visa approved. This was this afternoon, and he's yet to receive an email about it.

Sounds like things are happening today! His was sent to London in the second week of March. If in fact they are getting sent from Paris to London in batches, then watch this space as obviously there's a bit of positive movement at last!

Great to finally see something is happening! I'll be checking my emails every 5 minutes now instead of 10 :cool:

Advertisement