Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bathurst

lindzation wrote: »
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean.. my boyfriend is actually anti internet/email, and has actually been checking his everyday (if it was me it would be every 5 mins or so.. hehe)
    Anyway, will definitely let you know as soon as I know any news!! If you could do the same for me that would be awesome :)

I will do!!

So stressed about this just need get back there!! Good to see some people got them, hopefully the next few days it will come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Just got my LOI a few mins ago! Very relieved!

Was sent to London 2nd of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi guys,

At 10am this morning I received my Work Permit Introduction Letter email!!! woohoo!!! My first evaluation phase was completed on March 4th..

This info may be useful to people with questionable residency requirements:

I was working on and off in the UK for the last 5 years, so I was very borderline with the residency requirements, and I thought I'd only have a small chance of getting a visa. Added to this I left the UK last summer only to go back in autumn. However, I applied anyway and added in a letter explaning my situation (basically saying I am still resident in Ireland and staying in hotels during the week in UK and fly home every weekend).
    Also, in between my UK job I left UK for a year and went traveling for 8 months before going back to Ireland to look for work for 4 months, only to get nothing and move back to UK. I didn't mention the traveling and said I was on the 'aul scratcher for 12 months.

So if you aren't sure about your residency requirements my advise is to explain to them your situation and you could be lucky like me. I do have a feeling though that they may have let me get the visa because of my very good work experience but that's someting I can't confirm.

Anyway, roll on Canada (in 2012 that is, I'm going to Australia in July first on the WHV ;-) )

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maximus82

Got my LOI this morning.

Mine was sent to London 1st March

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Bathurst wrote: »
    I will do!!

So stressed about this just need get back there!! Good to see some people got them, hopefully the next few days it will come!!

It will! My boyfriends just came today!

For those interested - He had his conditional acceptance on Feb 21st, sent to London March 4th (he was slow sending in the payment)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ivanpower

its great everyone is gettn there visa..i know some of ye were waiting a LONG LONG time...hopefully mine comes soon..its gone to to the stage now where im lookn at my mail every 5 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Myself and my girlfriend got our LOI's today...went to London March 1st. Absolutely delighted.

For anyone worried about potentially getting rejected in London, we both got a letter asking us to leave the country in February 2010 having had our visa expire and a work permit extension rejected, so if anyone was likely to get rejected, it was us. However, we've made it, so I think once you get past the first stage you have a real shot.

To anyone who hasn't heard back yet: keep the faith. Things are happening and you will get found!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bathurst

Myself and my girlfriend got our LOI's today...went to London March 1st. Absolutely delighted.

For anyone worried about potentially getting rejected in London, we both got a letter asking us to leave the country in February 2010 having had our visa expire and a work permit extension rejected, so if anyone was likely to get rejected, it was us. However, we've made it, so I think once you get past the first stage you have a real shot.

To anyone who hasn't heard back yet: keep the faith. Things are happening and you will get found!

I was the same having had the LMO rejected in September 2010, and was afraid it would be held against me thanks for posting that was one of my biggest stresses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katemin

good to see people are getting their LOI's, looking at the dates I probably shouldnt expect mine for a week or so? Sent to london March 15th, really really really want it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 itsmeshane1981

Mine got sent on the 16th march so am hoping that I hear back soon also. Could you keep me posted on your apllication if you hear anything as you are the closest to the day mine was sent to London.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pawpaw

Katemin/itsmeshane1981, i'm in the same boat as both of you.

I received the sent to London email on March 17th so hoping that our batch will come through next week. Fingers crossed, i'm not sure how much more of this waiting i can handle.

pawpaw, I have been worrying as I got a criminal conviction back 8 years ago, I am hoping that because it is only one and has been so long ago that it will not affect my chances of getting a visa, I have been trying to see how long people have been getting rejected up umtil, my 6 weeks is up next friday on the 22nd. I do hope it is good news as I have a gf in Canada and cant wait to be there with her.

I know-you'd mentioned it in a previous post. At the moment, take it that no news is good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I did, I forgot you can check other posts by people :o

Thank you for your kind gesture, I shall keep mine for you also.

So what are you going to Canada for and where?

I'm already in Vancouver, been working and living here for a while. Currently on a visitor visa which means i can't work, so i'm itching for the LOI to come through (fingers x'ed) so i get back to work and start earning $$ again!

itsmeshane1981 and paw paw... as soon as i hear anything il let ye know :) good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

pawpaw wrote: »
    Katemin/itsmeshane1981, i'm in the same boat as both of you.

I received the sent to London email on March 17th so hoping that our batch will come through next week. Fingers crossed, i'm not sure how much more of this waiting i can handle.

I got mine sent off on the 17th march also..ppl who were sent to uk on the 4th march have got theirs this week

Well there is 3 of us that have had our forms sent off at the same time, going by what has been happening, from what I see we shouldnt get ours until not next week but mid week the week after.
    I shall post my final results and dates and times be it and acceptance or rejection. Best of luck to you 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aidanl

mine n london on 16th of march, flight booked for 10th of may, really hopin its here soon. keep me posted if u received your visa if it was n london round same date. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davocon

I sent over pdf last Wednesday (same day as my gf) for proof of payment on the wire transfer. she got an email Thursday saying its gone on to London and I haven't got anything yet. Both pdf's were sent the same time and both payments were done exactly the same way. Does anyone know how long it takes for this to go to UK.

Should i be worried that i havent got an email yet!??

• Advertisement

I got my email within 24 hours for the proof of payment, maybe they sent it out have you checked your junk/spam inbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ivanpower

just got my LOI, was sent 2 london the 8th March

really hope they are in batches of a week or so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

aidanl wrote: »
    mine n london on 16th of march, flight booked for 10th of may, really hopin its here soon. keep me posted if u received your visa if it was n london round same date. cheers

mines in london since the 16th march too so il keep u posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Sweet as a nut got mine today

Applied to Paris on they received it 15th of March so not much more than 4 weeks for me.

happy days!

Got it!!! Went to london 15th march, good luck everyone!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

Received my LOI today at 1.30pm. My application was sent to London on March 11th, so it was in London for just under 6 weeks.

My advice to anyone sending off their applications is to just forget about it and wait for the LOI to arrive. If you followed the advice given on this forum, you've nothing to worry about. I don't understand the people who are checking their email inbox every 5mins. It would drive you crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

i really dont know what they are doing with my visa application. Im 9 weeks waiting today and I dont need a medical so dont know what is taking them so long. Begining to loose hope now .. no one seems to be in the same boat:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

@jessible: I know some people who thought they hadn't received their LOI but later found it in their spam inbox

• Advertisement

Just received my LOI!!!Wooooooo!
    Such a relief-i can now work in Vancouver again after being unable to do so for the past 5.5 months :)

Timeline:
    7th March - Sent application to Paris from Canada
    14th March - Delivered to Embassy
    15th March - Acknowledgement of receipt (Processing time given: 6 weeks)
    16th March - Conditional acceptance
    16th March - Paid fee
    16th March - Receipt of proof payment
    17th March - Sent to London
    27th April- Letter of Introduction

It says that i have to use the letter before 25th March 2012 which means it's been sitting unsent for over 4 weeks.

Hope that everyone waiting will get theirs ASAP!!!

Advertisement