Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AdamR

jessible wrote: »
    i really dont know what they are doing with my visa application. Im 9 weeks waiting today and I dont need a medical so dont know what is taking them so long. Begining to loose hope now .. no one seems to be in the same boat:mad:

Hi Jessible,

I will be at 9 weeks tomorrow! extremely frsutrating and my employment and CV didnt quite match (left some old old part time stuff off by mistake) and from what i have read it may get rejected for that BUT like you no reply and no way of getting any answers! I fly out to Toronto in a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Du

17th March - Acknowledgement of receipt (Processing time given: 8 weeks)
    18th March - Conditional acceptance
    23rd March - Paid fee
    25th March - Receipt of proof payment
    28th March - Sent to London
    27th April- Letter of Introduction

Waiting less than a month after it was sent to London :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

cookies221 wrote: »
    @jessible: I know some people who thought they hadn't received their LOI but later found it in their spam inbox

im using hotmail... is the spam folder the same as a junk folder?? Its def not in the junk folder have been checking. Also I have saved the email address to my contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

just got the LOI tis mornin at 8am..6 weeks to the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Got mine this morning, over the moon about it!

15th march posted
    18th march acknowledgement of receipt (time given 6 weeks)
    22nd march conditional acceptance
    23rd march receipt proof of payment
    24th first evaluation passed
    27th april LOI

just under 6 weeks it took. oh and I found the email in the junk folder even though I had added the email address to the safe list so keep checking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev123kev

Got mine there today,

21st March - Sent to London
    27th April - LOI

just over a month so not to bad! Same time as one of my friends too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aidanl

Got mine today:)
    In london 16th of March
    LOI 27th of April

6 weeks exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hanlon01

Got my LOI todaybiggrin.gif4 weeks and 6 days since sent to london.Anyone know where to get insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 itsmeshane1981

Got my LOI 27-04-11, it was sent to London 16-03-11 so exactly 6 weeks after being sent there.

I have looked at moneysupermarket.com for insurance and is coming up around £150 for the year.

I am hoping to get out there the end of June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

starting to panic here, i sent of app for me and partner but im starting to think we never signed the back of her pics that needed sent...has anyone else done this and got accepted??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

starting to panic here, i sent of app for me and partner but im starting to think we never signed the back of her pics that needed sent...has anyone else done this and got accepted??

Don't panic I never signed mine either and I have received my LOI, the waiting process can mess with your head, but relax you'll get it :D

moncy25 wrote: »
    Don't panic I never signed mine either and I have received my LOI, the waiting process can mess with your head, but relax you'll get it :D

ah the panic stations are in full flight, the sleepless nites and everything lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

Hey just wondering if anyone who may be on there 2nd Year Visa in Toronto...or anyone in general who knows Toronto,could help with areas possibly to move to, like anywhere in the world i'm sure there are the stay away from areas and nice areas if anyone could help thanks a million:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

moncy25 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone who may be on there 2nd Year Visa in Toronto...or anyone in general who knows Toronto,could help with areas possibly to move to, like anywhere in the world i'm sure there are the stay away from areas and nice areas if anyone could help thanks a million:D

I'm staying near ossington / bloor at the moment. It's not walking distance to downtown so you'd need to take the subway or streetcar. There are some nice houses in this area and it's a nicer place to be in the summer

PS no need to cross-post

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

Got cheap flights to Vancouver 23rd May ..Dublin to Frankfort E89...Frankfort to Vancouver E279 works out to be round E400 one way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Molehair

AdamR wrote: »
    Hi Jessible,

I will be at 9 weeks tomorrow! extremely frsutrating and my employment and CV didnt quite match (left some old old part time stuff off by mistake) and from what i have read it may get rejected for that BUT like you no reply and no way of getting any answers! I fly out to Toronto in a week!

I'm in the same boat, I think I may have left some old part-time jobs from 5 years ago off, it's been 8 weeks... two of my friend who sent it off the same day as (10/03) got it on the 27/04. Have you heard from them yet?

Does anyone know of someone getting rejected from London after 2 weeks of it being there?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Just got my LOI, sent to London on 12th April so quick turnaround.

I am delighted!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Jesus they sent mine on the 19th of April. I would be delighted if I got it next week!:pac:

How will they notify me, is it by post or e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

xxdilemmaxx Delighted for ya :)

Mine just went to London today... Hopefully I'll have a quick turnaround too.. Visa is up the 30th June :mad:

Fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Hmm mine was sent on the 11th of April. Nothing in the inbox, checked spam also.

Is there any other way I could have missed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 KenJG

Hey everyone,
    So happy at 7.52am this morning both my wife and myself recieved our LOI's. Included on the visas are both our children.
    They were sent to London on the 5th of April. Best of luck to everyone else

KenJG wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    So happy at 7.52am this morning both my wife and myself recieved our LOI's. Included on the visas are both our children.

Congrats man!

I got mine this morning too!! What a relief!! Hope everyone who applies gets it!

Vendetta wrote: »
    Congrats man!

I got mine this morning too!! What a relief!! Hope everyone who applies gets it!

Good man. Sure if ya didn't get it you could have married the misses.;)

Good man. Sure if ya didn't get it you could have married the misses.;)

Hahaha it was a huge possibility!!

Think she is slightly disappointed :)

KenJG wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I filled out the forms for iec for myself, common-law partner and 2 kids but on my LOI it just says the open visa for myself which i no is right as they have to obtain their own status at the port of entry. Did your LOI have your wife and childrens name on it? Confusing as im thinking have i gone about this right...

I filled out the forms for iec for myself, common-law partner and 2 kids but on my LOI it just says the open visa for myself which i no is right as they have to obtain their own status at the port of entry. Did your LOI have your wife and childrens name on it? Confusing as im thinking have i gone about this right...

As far as I can tell you will be ok with that. They will get visitor status when they go through the airport.

Just came back from a 7 hr drive to the states and back. No problems at the border, they even made jokes about how many times I was refused applications over here.

Its amazing how when you cross the border that you notice the change. Even though its the same scenery in on both sides.

America seemed so degregated in the town we went to compared to the clean updated Canadian side. I felt like I was in the old wild west. Cowboy hats on everyone and all.

It was the same feeling of going to Seattle. Just happy to be here. The tv image of american's is so far off.

I know this from being on two J1's in LA and travelling to Washington a lot from Vancouver.

If i could i'd be over there now but come august isn't too far away. Edmonton here i come.

Is everyone else going to Vancouver or were else are use all off to.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

I am going to Vancouver next week for 3 months. I am changing flights in Heathrow and Toronto Pearson Airports. I have a return flight booked for August, I also have proof of insurance, Letter of Introduction etc. Unfortunately I don't have a bank.statement as proof of funds because it will take a min. 5 working days for a long form bank statement to be posted to my house. I do have a statement that they printed in the branch signed and stamped by the bank manager. Will this suffice as proof of funds??

Also, will I gave to get my visa at Toronto airport or at my final destination, Vancouver??

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

Woooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooooo got my visa an hour ago!!

For all that are curious,

received in Paris 4th of April;

conditionally accepted 11th April;

forwarded to London 19th April;

accepted 16th of May.:D

• Advertisement

One quick question. My visa says I must enter before 5/12/2012.

Is that May 12th 2012 OR December 5th 2012?

Have a hunch but I just want to clarify it.

Advertisement