Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

One quick question. My visa says I must enter before 5/12/2012.

Is that May 12th 2012 OR December 5th 2012?

Have a hunch but I just want to clarify it.

It's May. If you got Authorised in May then you have 1 year from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Woooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooooo got my visa an hour ago!!

For all that are curious,

received in Paris 4th of April;

conditionally accepted 11th April;

forwarded to London 19th April;

accepted 16th of May.:D

Same here, delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Just got mine!!!!:D

Received in Paris on April 6th

Conditional Acceptance April 12th

Sent to London April 15th

LOI received May 17th

That is a serious relief now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

LOI RECIEVED TODAY!!!!

time line:
    AOR Paris 18/04
    Conditional Acceptance 28/04
    Proof o Payment 29/04
    First evaluation 05/05
    LOI 17/05
    Total 4 weeks & 1 day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MegaSparks

Hey guys!

Been watching this thread for ages now but since I got my LOI I thought I would post a question I have.

I want to enter Canada next week just for a few days to visit someone and I DO NOT want to activate my IEC Visa at this time. Can I just go there for a few days on a standard tourist entry, leave, then come back in a month and activate the visa? I assume that it doesnt make any difference but I would like to check just in case.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

MegaSparks wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Been watching this thread for ages now but since I got my LOI I thought I would post a question I have.

I want to enter Canada next week just for a few days to visit someone and I DO NOT want to activate my IEC Visa at this time. Can I just go there for a few days on a standard tourist entry, leave, then come back in a month and activate the visa? I assume that it doesnt make any difference but I would like to check just in case.

Thanks!

When you are entering do not produce ur LOI and if anything is said tell them its only for a short visit and you will be returning within the year to activate ur visa, if that is ur intentions.

being nosy but why would you only enter for a few days as it will cost you alot to enter and leave and return again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MegaSparks

When you are entering do not produce ur LOI and if anything is said tell them its only for a short visit and you will be returning within the year to activate ur visa, if that is ur intentions.

being nosy but why would you only enter for a few days as it will cost you alot to enter and leave and return again
    Ok cool thanks for the info.

Well I am already in the states and I have good connections in the airlines ;) For example. London to Toronto business class cost me £175. Nice little perk I guess!

MegaSparks wrote: »
    Ok cool thanks for the info.

Well I am already in the states and I have good connections in the airlines ;) For example. London to Toronto business class cost me £175. Nice little perk I guess!

For sure a nice little perk, wanna swing some my way lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

hey just noticed the e-mail address i got my LOI from doesnt exactly match the e-mail address that it was supposed to come from.

here is teh address i got mine from:
    re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

is that right?
    i thought it was supposed to be:
    london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

anyone get the same?
    thanks

seanynova wrote: »
    hey just noticed the e-mail address i got my LOI from doesnt exactly match the e-mail address that it was supposed to come from.

here is teh address i got mine from:
    re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

is that right?
    i thought it was supposed to be:
    london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

anyone get the same?
    thanks

Yeah mate mine was the same, not sure why but as long as it gets me there I dont really care lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

On the initial IEC application form where they ask your destination, can this be changed and if not , does this limit you to living and working in that part of canada that you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eoin27

Guys, Im really worried here. I applied for my visa last january and the conditional acceptance was received by me on Feb 8. I feel like there is no one I can speak to directly about this. Im really upset over it as I had planned on moving there for MAY!!

Can anyone help please. Phone numbers where I can actually speak to someone would be most appreciated. Im tired of sending emails that are never returned.

eoin27 wrote: »
    Guys, Im really worried here. I applied for my visa last january and the conditional acceptance was received by me on Feb 8. I feel like there is no one I can speak to directly about this. Im really upset over it as I had planned on moving there for MAY!!

Can anyone help please. Phone numbers where I can actually speak to someone would be most appreciated. Im tired of sending emails that are never returned.

I'm afraid the only way they will deal with it is by email.

I heard on this before that a guy had travelled to Canada while waiting on his LOI coming through, and at the point of entry the immigration officers gave him his work visa, as it was on there system that he had got accepted even though he had not received his email of confirmation.

Are you 100% that you never received anything from them and that it has maybe been deleted. The reason I say this is because if they had declined the application you would have received a letter by post to explain why you had been declined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 zizuzid

Hi Everyone,

For anyone joining the growing Irish community in Vancouver, please be sure to check out this page designed to give you all the relevant information you need. Avoid paying USIT for orientations and get free information complied from fellow immigrants!

https://www.facebook.com/messages/1093661598#!/profile.php?id=100002072539861

Please add "Moving to Vancouver" as a friend to keep up to date with information and events!

This page is set up by a fellow Irish immigrant. Please email us at Moving2Vancouver@gmail.com if you have any questions

Ruairi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

In general, how long is it taking for these to be processed in London? Mine was sent their last week and I'm seriously worried it won't arrive in time for me to be able to use it.

Also, has anyone been rejected their LOI after having their application accepted to London?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

MavisDavis wrote: »
    In general, how long is it taking for these to be processed in London? Mine was sent their last week and I'm seriously worried it won't arrive in time for me to be able to use it.

Also, has anyone been rejected their LOI after having their application accepted to London?

It takes a month to six weeks usually and up to 8 weeks sometimes.

I got mine in a month.

Usually if it goes to London you have it unless they find something serious wrong but the French guys are really good at checking the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

sent to london 21st of feburary

letter of introduction 26th of may

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    sent to london 21st of feburary

letter of introduction 26th of may

Fecking hell. I would have gone nuts waiting that long :eek:

Any reason why it took so long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

langleybc wrote: »
    Hi, Just for your info.

This has to be the quickest LOI recieved by far.

10/5/11 Application recieved in France
    12/5/11 Conditional Acceptance
    13/5/11 Reciept of proof of payment
    16/5/11 First Evaluation Phase Complete
    25/5/11 IOL Recieved.

Not jumping for joy just yet as i dont have the hubbie & kids LOI yet.

Wow congrats.. fingers crossed u get the rest soon :). I was reading back over the thread i saw you got refused and had to re apply.. I sent mine off the other day and realised i made a minor mistake so chances are ill be refused. I have new forms filled out and ready to go just need to hear confirmation from them. I am hoping itll be as fast as your own!

Congrats again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

Thanks a mill cliodhnaB. Thats exactly what i did when i got refused the first time. I had everything ready to go for the next time round. Here are the dates for my first refusal. It was a fairly quick responce too.

26/4 1st Application posted to France
    28/4 Application recieved
    5/5 Email sent regarding refusal
    5/5 Refused Application posted back from France
    10/5 2nd Application posted to France (recieved same day)

Good luck!!!

• Advertisement

Hi, Just for your info.

This has to be the quickest LOI recieved by far.

10/5/11 2nd Appliction posted to France
    12/5/11 Application recieved in France
    12/5/11 Conditional Acceptance
    13/5/11 Reciept of proof of payment
    16/5/11 First Evaluation Phase Complete
    25/5/11 IOL Recieved.

Not jumping for joy just yet as i dont have the hubbie & kids LOI yet.

they must have been waiting on seeing ur app again lol.
    why did you get refused 1st time

Hi Stephencillian, We got refused first time over not ticking & sending our medical declaration. I definatley think they kept our original appliction so then when we sent our second app they put the corrected info together. Too much of a quick turnaround on the second app.

Has your childs study permit come through yet? Reason im asking is the hubbie thinks thats why he will be having an interview on Weds with a Visa Officer. Have you got a call yet?

Hi Stephencillian, We got refused first time over not ticking & sending our medical declaration. I definatley think they kept our original appliction so then when we sent our second app they put the corrected info together. Too much of a quick turnaround on the second app.

Has your childs study permit come through yet? Reason im asking is the hubbie thinks thats why he will be having an interview on Weds with a Visa Officer. Have you got a call yet?

I havent heard anything about the study permit, i found info on this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269E2.asp which says he may be exempted as he's a minor. My family over there reckon to go on ahead an see what happens at the POE.

Will you let me no how ur husbands meeting goes.

I will indeed Stephencillian. This doesn't seem to have happend to anyone else. I have searched most of the threads on this site & i have asked has anyone else got an interview by phone from the embassy but nobody has replied. I am sooo anxious about this call.

Honestly not sure as to why he would get interviewed, I dont see why it would be the study permit but i'd be guessing about what else it could be.

Things maybe to think about:
    Police check
    I.D, Like childs birth certificate passports

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gmannix1000

LOI was sent today.

Sent forms to Paris 29/04
    Conditional Acceptance 9/05
    Wire Transfer and forms sent to London 10/05
    LOI 27/05

They said it would take 10 weeks processing time, only took 2.5 weeks! Thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

If I hit the refresh button one more time today................

Just thought I'd give all of those in the same position a laugh. I got very excited to see Inbox(1) on my boyfriends email (I'm on checking duty today....we were hopeful this morning).

I had just sent him a bloody email.
    Seriously dumb moment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolajane

Hi .... First time to post on boards but this site was invaluable to me when I was filling out my application and looking for any info in general about IEC visa so I just thought I should share my experience with everyone :)

10/5/11 App recieved in France & recieved conditional acceptance
    12/5/11 Proof of fund receipt
    13/5/11 Phase one completed
    25/5/11 Letter of introduction received

The processing time was said to be 10 weeks so wasn't expecting LOI so soon but soooooo happy to have it now!

Hi All, just letting you know my hubbie's LOI came today.:D:D:D

He had his interview yesturday with the Embassy. They just wanted to know why he was leaving his job & how were we going to support our family over there. So after anwering a few questions he asked could he book our flights & she told him to go ahead. Soo happy.

I would just like to thank everyone on this site for all your help & the best of luck to you all.

• Advertisement

Strange interview.... All the worrying for nothing lol
    Glad its all worked out for use good luck for the future.

Advertisement