Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

langleybc wrote: »
    Hi All, just letting you know my hubbie's LOI came today.:D:D:D

He had his interview yesturday with the Embassy. They just wanted to know why he was leaving his job & how were we going to support our family over there. So after anwering a few questions he asked could he book our flights & she told him to go ahead. Soo happy.

I would just like to thank everyone on this site for all your help & the best of luck to you all.

Delighted for ya! All the best with your new venture! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

if anyone is interested,

i landed in Montreal trudeau airport last week with no probs, process took about 4-5mins and i was sitting down waiting for my visa to be stapled into the passport for most of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jason h

I have been currently waiting nine weeks for my loi and to be honest its killing. checking my email religously at this stage. They are not responding to any of my emails and its so stressfull as all my friends are over there waiting for me. My application got sent to london on the 12th of april. Does anyone know what i can do to speed up the process?

jason h wrote: »
    I have been currently waiting nine weeks for my loi and to be honest its killing. checking my email religously at this stage. They are not responding to any of my emails and its so stressfull as all my friends are over there waiting for me. My application got sent to london on the 12th of april. Does anyone know what i can do to speed up the process?

Not a thing can be done.. You werent waiting on a medical or anything? Or have a criminal record (i know that sounds horrible but you know what i mean) Thats what usually delays the process in London I think.. I think the processing time is between 8-10 weeks.. its all bout who u get checkin ur forms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jason h

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    Not a thing can be done.. You werent waiting on a medical or anything? Or have a criminal record (i know that sounds horrible but you know what i mean) Thats what usually delays the process in London I think.. I think the processing time is between 8-10 weeks.. its all bout who u get checkin ur forms!

See the thing I think that screwed me is I got rejected earlier on in february because i forgot to photocopy my passport. In my second application where it asks you if you applied for a visa, work permit ect before,or got rejected. i ticked visa as i wasn't really thinking. So maybe i have confused them or something.

• Advertisement

jason h wrote: »
    See the thing I think that screwed me is I got rejected earlier on in february because i forgot to photocopy my passport. In my second application where it asks you if you applied for a visa, work permit ect before,or got rejected. i ticked visa as i wasn't really thinking. So maybe i have confused them or something.

I doubt that has anything to with it... because ya have to explain yourself and explaining you would have been rejected for the IEC would have cleared things up...

I am out of ideas... hold tough id say... sometimes no news is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Does anyone know anything about how long convictions can hold the process up?

We've been waiting 15 weeks today since conditional acceptance in London. My boyfriend has stupid convictions for minor driving offences
    Please help if you can, we're about to crack up waiting!!!

Does anyone know anything about how long convictions can hold the process up?

We've been waiting 15 weeks today since conditional acceptance in London. My boyfriend has stupid convictions for minor driving offences
    Please help if you can, we're about to crack up waiting!!!

Have they requested any more info off ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Got my LOI on Wednesday while I was waiting in the airport in Newark to catch my connecting flight to Canada...seriously lucky! Took 4 weeks and 1 day in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Have they requested any more info off ye?

Not a thing CliodhnaB...I think that's the most frustrating part actually!!!

I think this Friday will be 16 weeks since conditional acceptance in London:confused:

• Advertisement

Not a thing CliodhnaB...I think that's the most frustrating part actually!!!

I think this Friday will be 16 weeks since conditional acceptance in London:confused:

Strange.... I would thought more details would be required... was it sent to London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vanhereicome

Hi, First time poster here.
    This forum has been invaluable with information and advice since I began my application process.
    Just wanted to let you know that the processing times seem to have speeded up considerably. I was on the U-35 visa last year and have been home 6 months.

June 1 - Sent away my application
    June 6 - Acknowledgement of Receipt in Paris
    June 6 (evening) - Conditional acceptance
    June 7 - Receipt of Proof of Payment
    June 8 - Forwarded to the UK
    June 24 - Receipt of Letter of Introduction

So 24 days in total (handy that I sent it on the first of the month!).
    I was given a processing time of 10 weeks on June 6.
    2.5 weeks letter they sent me the LOI.

If anyone has any questions about the process, I'm v.happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 djkurt11

i got my accepted by paris on the 8th april and app sent to london on the 9th april and have heard nothing from them its crazy i have no criminal record (not even a parking ticket) been there 3 times on holidays and never any trouble and always left when i was supposed to but whats annoying me is some people only applied 1 month ago and have got there LoI i applied nearly 3 months ago anyone in the same boat any information would be grateful also sent them an email and nothing back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 geetup

mine got sent to london on may 15th, and on the 3rd of june i got an email requesting info on when i have been arrested (i answered yes to being arrested on the forms but my police certificate was no trace), i sent a letter explaining the drunk and disorderly i had in 2006, and emailed them on the 27th june to ask about the case status... got an email back the next day saying my file is awaiting final review by a visa officer and i should hear back soon.... that was last tuesday... i hate waiting about i get a bad feeling the more the days go by,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 djkurt11

Got my letter of introduction at 17.40 today cant believe it was waiting 14 weeks and thought had no hope best of luck to everyone else Toronto here i come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Can someone expalin to me why would you be refused a visa? Is there only so many or what. Dont you have to pay around 400 quid or something to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Vanhalla wrote: »
    Can someone expalin to me why would you be refused a visa? Is there only so many or what. Dont you have to pay around 400 quid or something to get one!

It is capped at 5000 for Ireland
    At the last update there were 1500 left (30th June)

You could be refused for:
    Criminal record
    Forms not filled in correctly
    CV not matching with experience listed on IEC form
    Not paying the fee on time
    Not enclosing the correct documents

It costs 110 euro to get one

Start reading here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

thanks.
    5000 isnt very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Nope but seems to be proportional with what other countries get

There is a section on the form where they ask your employers name etc. Do you have to have a job before you go out there?
    Also if you are refused this time , can you apply again next year?

• Advertisement

Got my LOI at 11.03am Flying out Thursday all the pressure is off!! wooooohoooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Got my LOI at 11.03am Flying out Thursday all the pressure is off!! wooooohoooo :D

lucy you when did you apply for yours? Im waiting about a month now

jjbrien wrote: »
    lucy you when did you apply for yours? Im waiting about a month now

got accepted in France on the 21st of June.. On my LOI it says I have until 10-07-12 to enter!! so I was waiting 9 days after been accepted for the email!!!

got accepted in France on the 21st of June.. On my LOI it says I have until 10-07-12 to enter!! so I was waiting 9 days after been accepted for the email!!!

hmmm i was 21st of Embassy of Canada in France: Conditional Acceptance then paid my money

then june 23rd First Evaluation Phase Completed wonder if i end of the same as you and get mine this week

jjbrien wrote: »
    hmmm i was 21st of Embassy of Canada in France: Conditional Acceptance then paid my money

then june 23rd First Evaluation Phase Completed wonder if i end of the same as you and get mine this week

Yippee mine came though at 3am this morning so im all set to go now have to wait on my 2 friends

Congrats.. just in heathrow now trying to kill 2 hours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gamsheen

Guys does anyone know the average processing time for the "Garda Clearance Certificate"..? Sent mine away a few days ago and just want to start planning everything..

gamsheen wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know the average processing time for the "Garda Clearance Certificate"..? Sent mine away a few days ago and just want to start planning everything..

1 to 2 weeks depending on your local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Posted applications today! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Finally got my visa today after 22 weeks but just after discovering there that I have to enter canada berfor the 19th of March 2012. I thought we were given 1 year from when we receive loi? The date given to me was 2012/03/19

Advertisement