Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

jessible wrote: »
    Finally got my visa today after 22 weeks but just after discovering there that I have to enter canada berfor the 19th of March 2012. I thought we were given 1 year from when we receive loi? The date given to me was 2012/03/19

I thought the same and my date was earlier than expected.
    Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. There's obviously some stage in the application process that they decide the effective date of your LOI letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Confirmation of application being received in France today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Got my 2nd visa, cant believe how fast the whole process was for me. From reading other peoples experiences on here. I sent away my proof of payment 2 weeks ago and got my letter of acceptance yesterday! Looks like Ill be staying on in Canada.

conditional accepted today! feckin delighted :D

many people get refused after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

Got my 2nd visa, cant believe how fast the whole process was for me. From reading other peoples experiences on here. I sent away my proof of payment 2 weeks ago and got my letter of acceptance yesterday! Looks like Ill be staying on in Canada.

That gives me hope of my g/f getting hers before we leave at the end of the month...how did you find your first year?

• Advertisement

That gives me hope of my g/f getting hers before we leave at the end of the month...how did you find your first year?

Ya I couldnt believe how fast I received it! I went over and over it so many times to make sure I had it completed correctly.

The year has flown by, spent it all so far in Vancouver. Hadnt planned to but after spending the first few months trying to get a decent job and get settled, I dreaded doing it all again. But Im thinking of heading east side after Christmas. Vancouver is a great city, nice for out door activites ect. more so than nightlife and parties but is expensive. Although Ive friends in Toronto who say the same there.

Hope your GF gets it on time, Im sure she will. Best of luck here in Canada :)

Ya I couldnt believe how fast I received it! I went over and over it so many times to make sure I had it completed correctly.

The year has flown by, spent it all so far in Vancouver. Hadnt planned to but after spending the first few months trying to get a decent job and get settled, I dreaded doing it all again. But Im thinking of heading east side after Christmas. Vancouver is a great city, nice for out door activites ect. more so than nightlife and parties but is expensive. Although Ive friends in Toronto who say the same there.

Hope your GF gets it on time, Im sure she will. Best of luck here in Canada :)

Glad its all going good, are you planning to get sponsored for work over there as this will be your last iec visa??

Ive work lined up for me in Edmonton and am planning on using iec for 1st year and hopefully get sponsored for my 2nd...

Not so worried about her visa coming through before we leave as she can just do a border cross when we get there and get settled...

Receipt of proof of payment :D

Glad its all going good, are you planning to get sponsored for work over there as this will be your last iec visa??

Ive work lined up for me in Edmonton and am planning on using iec for 1st year and hopefully get sponsored for my 2nd...

Not so worried about her visa coming through before we leave as she can just do a border cross when we get there and get settled...

Thats great you have work lined up, takes off alot of pressure for sure.

As far as Im aware I can apply for one more year, but must check that out. But my intentions coming out here initially was just for a working holiday, not long term so Ill probably go home after my second year!

Thats great you have work lined up, takes off alot of pressure for sure.

As far as Im aware I can apply for one more year, but must check that out. But my intentions coming out here initially was just for a working holiday, not long term so Ill probably go home after my second year!

ah dont say that coming home here could not be good for you lol...
    ive my plans to get my foot in the door an then with the work ive got im hoping to get a 2 year work visa out of it (if all goes well that is)

Enjoy an take plenty of pics for when you come home ;)

• Advertisement

Application sent to London! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mitty87

hiya, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a LOI actually says, my boyfirend has just recieved an email from CIC and it says that "your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." and it sets out the type of permit, the doc number and the permit vailidty. Is this the letter of introduction? I ask because I was under the impression that the email would say "letter of introduction"- can any body confirm?

Still waiting for mine eek!:eek:

mitty87 wrote: »
    hiya, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a LOI actually says, my boyfirend has just recieved an email from CIC and it says that "your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." and it sets out the type of permit, the doc number and the permit vailidty. Is this the letter of introduction? I ask because I was under the impression that the email would say "letter of introduction"- can any body confirm?

Still waiting for mine eek!:eek:

When you recieve the email the subject should say work introduction letter, and in the body of the email after ur personal details it should resemble:

** TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER : If the applicant is deemed **
    ** admissible, please issue an open work permit valid for 12 **
    ** months from the date of entry. **
    ** A L’ATTENTION DE L’AGENT D’IMMIGRATION : Si le candidat est **
    ** jugé admissible, merci d’émettre un permis ouvert valide 12 **
    ** mois partir de la date d’entrée au Canada. **

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application for a work permit has been approved under the Working Holiday program.

Upon arrival in Canada, you must present :

• Your valid passport;
    • A printed copy of this message. Your work permit will be issued to you at the port of entry in Canada.
    • Proof of your comprehensive insurance coverage valid for the duration of your stay

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

got my LOI last week 3 weeks after my proof of payment(was told 10weeks) but recived my conditional aceptance mail 4hours after i recived the mail saying they had recived my application(was sent to paris on the 13th of july, had forgot about bastile day). so my advice to any one who wants to apply in the future is to wait till after the rush around feb-may.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hillrock

jessible wrote: »
    Finally got my visa today after 22 weeks but just after discovering there that I have to enter canada berfor the 19th of March 2012. I thought we were given 1 year from when we receive loi? The date given to me was 2012/03/19

i received mine on 18/05/2011 but it says on my acceptance letter that i must enter before 18/05/2012 i assume that still applys or has the rule changed?
    i was ment to leave earylier but my plans changed so reckon i wont be goin till early April now.

Anyone one reckon ya could apply for the second year visa before ya have left?
    be easier than doing it over there.

When you recieve the email the subject should say work introduction letter, and in the body of the email after ur personal details it should resemble:
    QUOTE]

Sorry for the long post in advance!!
    The email doesn’t mention the IEC programme. I was sent a basic email which said the following
    UCI: 8 digit number
    Application No.: W 9 digit number
    Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
    This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
    Dear Joe Bloggs,
    Please find in the attached document information concerning your application. If you are unable to view or did not receive the attached document, please advise us by forwarding this email to: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx
    High Commission of Canada
    Visa Section
    38 Grosvenor Street
    London
    W1K 4AA, United Kingdom
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni
    www.cic.gc.ca
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
    By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in @cic.gc.ca” or @international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies

Also received attachment in PDF form “IMM5665” this sets out the validity etc and still doesn’t mention IEC just that the application to study or work in Canada has been approved – permit will be issued upon arrival subject to compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

Anybody receive this before? My boyfriend got this on the 18th Aug and I got mine on the 22nd Aug (the permits are valid until the same dates next year.)

I have never seen or heard of that before, not sure what it is. From the looks of it though there saying that you need to fill out the work/study permit form??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

mitty87 wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Sorry for the long post in advance!!
    The email doesn’t mention the IEC programme. I was sent a basic email which said the following

Also received attachment in PDF form “IMM5665” this sets out the validity etc and still doesn’t mention IEC just that the application to study or work in Canada has been approved – permit will be issued upon arrival subject to compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

Anybody receive this before? My boyfriend got this on the 18th Aug and I got mine on the 22nd Aug (the permits are valid until the same dates next year.)

yes that is you LOI means you have been appoved if you open the pdf that is attached it stays the following:
    Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

When you get to canada they will just print out your work permit for the year dated from a year on the day you enter Canada. The LOI is vaild for one year from the date of issue and the work permit will be valid for one year from your date of entry to Canada.

Congrats mate no need to worry now you can just head to Canada when u want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can someone answer me some questions as there's some info that is vague on here after reading the posts...

1. Are there certain times that you can apply for the visa for Canada and certain times that you can travel?
    2. How long does the application process take from start to finish, roughly?
    3. Has anyone here applied from abroad? In Korea since April and will be here for another couple of months. Will I need a police cert from here as well as Ireland I wonder?
    4. And what's a LOI? Is that a confirmation that you were successful?

5. What's the order of things to do, what I need to get etc?
    6. If I was looking to go there next February, when should I apply?
    7. Also, what's the average length of time it takes to get work in Vancouver? I know different people's stories will vary but in general, how long? And are there many cases of people not getting work at all and having to leave?
    8. Why are some people sending stuff to London and some to France?

Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if youre looking to go in feb apply now

• Advertisement

Thanks Helix.

Is demand more than supply or can everyone get a visa as long as they meet the conditions?

And if one applies now, does that necessarily process quicker than someone who applies in say, november? i.e. do they process in batches or is it ongoing?

Thanks.

well theres still about a hundred left, and it's been open since february, so basically if you want one you'll get one

Thank you jjbrien! That's some relief! Cant wait to get there now!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

Anybody receive this before? My boyfriend got this on the 18th Aug and I got mine on the 22nd Aug (the permits are valid until the same dates next year.) [/QUOTE]

I think there are generic LOI's and ones for those who don't follow the usual 6-8week processing time.
    My boyfriend received a pdf which was his LOI. As far as I remember it did not mention the IEC specifically and did not have the usual information on it but we were expecting it after emailing them so it wasn't hard to figure out

At the very least it should quote your application number and say something about being accepted. That sounds like it though!

The website says that there are 5 places left for this year. Will this be on offer every year or just this year?

If it's every year, will the 2012 places be advertised before the end of this year?

Finally, what documents do you need to send as part of your application? I couldn't see it on the official website.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Says it's now closed! I'm gutted, was just about to send away for my visa too. When will the next ones be out does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

As i explained in a previous post the IMM5665 is your LOI its a general LOI that goes to anyone who applys for a work or study permit which includes the IEC. The LOI is valid for one year from the date of issue if you dont enter before Canada before the date on the LOI then it still counts as you have been on the IEC but you wont get issued a permit. Once you enter Canada and show them your LOI they will issue a work permit that is valid for one year from your date of entry into Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinkpiixie

I also received said email and pdf attachment. I got mine a full 6 weeks before the 8 weeks processing time, so I didn't think it was my Letter of Introduction. Also because it doesn't say letter of introduction anywhere in the email!!

I'm leaving in 9 days, is everyone absolutely certain, that this is the Letter of Introduction and I will get my work permit at the border?

Im so freaking worried!!!

Has anyone actually used this pdf and gotten into canada with it?

Rach x

does it say "To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this letter with your passport."

coz if it does, thats it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinkpiixie

Yes it does!

I checked on another forum too,

Seems I could have left over a month ago and i was waiting for the 8 weeks to be over.

Oh my!

Lol

Thankyou! :)

Advertisement