Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Canada Visa Received!! ( Final Stage)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yay got my LOI today, thought I'd left it too late as I had my Gardai cert in April but didn't sent off the application until 30th of July. Anyway giz a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Looks like im staying at least another year got it yesterday :D

i ''heart'' calgary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Got mine a few days ago, Canada here i come.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lola Bee

TechnoPool - did you extend your visa for one year? My visa expires end of Nov next and am still waiting to get confirmation that I have an extension. I'm living and working in Calgary but want to move to Toronto. Do you know if this will casue problems getting the visa extension? Anyone else have any information on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

afaik you dont extend, you just apply for a new one, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

hey

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamo11

jjbrien wrote: »
    mitty87 wrote: »
    When you recieve the email the subject should say work introduction letter, and in the body of the email after ur personal details it should resemble:
    QUOTE]

Sorry for the long post in advance!!
    The email doesn’t mention the IEC programme. I was sent a basic email which said the following

Also received attachment in PDF form “IMM5665” this sets out the validity etc and still doesn’t mention IEC just that the application to study or work in Canada has been approved – permit will be issued upon arrival subject to compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

Anybody receive this before? My boyfriend got this on the 18th Aug and I got mine on the 22nd Aug (the permits are valid until the same dates next year.)

yes that is you LOI means you have been appoved if you open the pdf that is attached it stays the following:
    Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

When you get to canada they will just print out your work permit for the year dated from a year on the day you enter Canada. The LOI is vaild for one year from the date of issue and the work permit will be valid for one year from your date of entry to Canada.

Congrats mate no need to worry now you can just head to Canada when u want

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamo11

I also got the imm 5665 letter but there is nothing on it no dates of validity or ref no's , is that the same with everyone else's ??

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Has anyone changed the name of the employer on their visa before? I'm on a TFW inter-company transfer visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Morf3h wrote: »
    Has anyone changed the name of the employer on their visa before? I'm on a TFW inter-company transfer visa.

if you're on an ICT visa you can't change to a different company, unless the name of the company is just wrong on the visa or something

• Advertisement
Advertisement