Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place for 50th bday, Manor or Castle?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

HI all,

Does anyone know of anywhere nice to hold a 50th birthday party?
    We're looking for a country manor type place with nice big grounds..
    Somewhere that would allow us to have the run of the place & have music etc. With accommodation for approx 40 people, a meal & brekkie. Not asking for much eh? Rosscastle in Moycullen is one place we're looking into but I have never heard anything about it! If they could arrange some activities like golf or clay pigeon shooting'd be great too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

The glenloe abbey sounds like your spot, has an area for parties, its out the Moycullen direction, old fashioned building and has Golf and Clay Pidgeon shooting onsite, It would be expensive I'd say though

http://www.glenlo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Maybe Cloonacuaneen Castle.
    I know it caters for parties. It's about 4 miles out from the city centre.
    Off the Tuam Road.
    Others on here might be able to give you more info
    on how good or bad or expensive it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Maybe Cloonacuaneen Castle.
    I know it caters for parties. It's about 4 miles out from the city centre.
    Off the Tuam Road.
    Others on here might be able to give you more info
    on how good or bad or expensive it is.
    I thought of Cloonacuaneen but there are only a couple of rooms for people to stay, i think about 3 or 4 max, nice spot though

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

It's about a half hour away from Galway City but Lisloughrey Lodge is a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Yep Cloonacauneens is perfect but doesn't have enough rooms. We'd never have the whole place to ourselves either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ashford Castle?
    Glenloe Abbey?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I had my 40th in Kilcolgan Castle ... nice setting along the river, 12 miles from Galway.
    You can rent the Castle for the weekend. It has a large kitchen, dining room and sitting room with a large fireplace and can easily accommodate 40 people for a party.
    Enjoy the party ! :)
    V

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

You could try Cloghan Castle, near Kilchreest, between Loughrea and Gort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Cool thanks so much guys. I'll look into them!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭wosheen

Ballynahinch Castle is out in Connemara but migth suit
    http://www.ballynahinch-castle.com/

I've heard good things about it and they can organise plenty of outdoor activities for you too. Never stayed there, but played music for a function there a while back and had a good look around, nice place (really cozy in winter with roaring fires) and lovely view of lake

• Advertisement
Advertisement