Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Layinghen wrote: »
    Ha, brilliant. Love the one of him hiding with the soft toys.

Hardest one was the one with the snowmen I think, but I found him at last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

The coffee shop I found to be the most awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

That coffee shop is in Portland Maine, where this little hen will be next week:D:D

Yes off on adventures again, winters are tough here in the Kingdom so the only way of dealing with them are to do a runner.........

bring back some donuts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ramette wrote: »
    Feck it let's crack open the b#*! @*n and play B*&!o! (Oops did I say that out loud?)

Banned for posting that after my bedtime...
    Banned. Twice.
    Feck it, banned thrice because my drinky cabinet has been raided.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Hey Looksee, are you involved in this?
    http://www.brianborumillennium.ie/dublin/2014/04/battle-clontarf-viking-festival/

I'll be spending a bit of time wandering around Saint Annes Park with the camera and was wondering if I might bump into you for a mug of mead or whatever it is ye vikings drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh politics, politics, OldGoat, no I won't :D;)

Amongst others things they will have Hnefatafl ( Viking Chess). I had to sneeze it to say it! Might go myself if I can.

I try and avoid referring to that game as I cannot pronounce it myself!

It's bucketing down outside so I'm trying to keep cosy with some hot chocolate. Feels like winter. Ye Gads its quiet in here these days. What are you all doing, have ye given up ye olde internet already or have ye all just got sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Hi jelly, no rain here but plenty of gusty winds. Worn out from work but off to France this weekend for some R&R! I'd pack you into the suitcase but am flying Ryanair so can't see that working!

Where abouts Rammy?

Hey Rube
    It is called Camp Sylvestre in the Languedoc region... Up the mountains far away from the madding crowd... Nothing but green fields and mountains with sounds of cow bells.... Bliss!

Ramette wrote: »
    Hi jelly, no rain here but plenty of gusty winds. Worn out from work but off to France this weekend for some R&R! I'd pack you into the suitcase but am flying Ryanair so can't see that working!

Naw, Ryanair wouldn't let you get away with that, atall atall. You will be lucky to have yer own seat! Or you might have to share your seat or sit on someone's lap!

Carcassonne is probably my favourite place in France. We often go to a farmhouse that is in the low foothills overlooking the old city so we can enjoy the view of the city without actually having to endure the hoards of tourists that visit it everyday.
    And as for the local wine... :D 'nuff said.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Naw, Ryanair wouldn't let you get away with that, atall atall. You will be lucky to have yer own seat! Or you might have to share your seat or sit on someone's lap!

Me me me
    *Hands in the air waving madly*

(Not that I am after a free holiday you understand)

I am somewhat annoyed.

My router kept going offline and they sent me a 'new' refurbished one. My phone went offline when I put it in the system.

So using my mobile I phoned up and I was told the engineers are working on my line. I was informed things would be ok after midnight.

No joy.

I refitted my old router and my phone works .... but I can't stay online with the computer. Refitted the new one and the computer is online, BUT the phone is dead.

Lying gits! I am seriously annoyed by the run around they have been giving me.

Tickets for Kate Bush gig in London...SORTED!

/happy place

Rubecula wrote: »
    I am somewhat annoyed.

My router kept going offline and they sent me a 'new' refurbished one. My phone went offline when I put it in the system.

So using my mobile I phoned up and I was told the engineers are working on my line. I was informed things would be ok after midnight.

No joy.

I refitted my old router and my phone works .... but I can't stay online with the computer. Refitted the new one and the computer is online, BUT the phone is dead.

Lying gits! I am seriously annoyed by the run around they have been giving me.

Aw Rube, that's rotten. Hope you get it sorted soon. Isn't it amazing how the world stops when we can't get online now. What would our parents think of our lives today I wonder?

OldGoat wrote: »
    Tickets for Kate Bush gig in London...SORTED!

Oh, Heathcliffe! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Oh, Heathcliffe! :)

It's me!

What are you doing here? There are moors to wander! Scoot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

whooa ho-ho-hooo

I scared now! :eek:

Yoo hoo..........I'm back. I'll be curled up in the corner trying to deal with jet lag after I have made a proper cup of tea. I love the good ole USofA but proper tea is beyond them. Iced tea not a problem (delicious as well) but as they say "hot tea",forget it, they just can't manage a nice strong cup of Barry's best.

Kettles on if anybody is interested.

I'll have that big mug over there, no not that one.....the other...yes, that's the one, thanks Hen, milk and 2 sugars please.

Mmmmmmm!

P.S. Welcome home henny.

• Advertisement

We're all goin' to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorr....on Saturday. Gonna shoot stuff. With a camera. And a few other boardsies.

WB Hen. You need a rest after all your resting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Layinghen wrote: »
    ... but proper tea is beyond them. Iced tea not a problem (delicious as well) but as they say "hot tea",forget it, they just can't manage a nice strong cup of Barry's best.

During one of my trips to the US and after a couple of days "negotiation" with the waiter, he managed to bring some "hot" water.....straight from the microwave! Like beer, it had a froth and the cup radiated so much thermo-nuclear energy that I expected it to emulate a Dali painting at any moment.

These days, I bring my own 12volt, plug-it-into-the-car-socket kettle and park close to the hotel's dining area. Aahhhhh!

Brilliant idea BrensBenz. Yes tea with a frothy head is an experience nobody should have :D

The Rooster (aka himself) thought he had struck gold one day in a restaurant when he was give a pot of tea, a very small pot about the size of a milk jug. See he says I told you this was the type of place that would know how to make proper tea. Doubt it thinks I. I'll just let it stew for a while as the tea here is very weak says he. After many minutes he starts to pour his tea to discover only water coming out and the tea bag was underneath the pot for him to put in himself :D:D:D

At this stage the once barely tepid water was nearly cold so what was produced in the end wasn't what you would call pleasant.

Lol. You and I both knew where that was going! Drinking tea outside of the walls of home is always a misadventure! Well, only once have I tasted nice tea outside of my home and that was in the coffee shop in............ah, no, I shouldn't say!:D

Bonsoir mes ami I'm back from the Pyrenees, would love to post a photo but don't know how! Did everyone behave whilst I was away?

• Advertisement

Hey Ramette welcome back. Had you a great time? Any chance there are a few bottles of vin in the suitcase??

The mounaineering Rammy has returned all sun burned and full of energy.

Now you are back any chance of a tay? me stomach thinks me throat has been cut.

Well I did have some bottles in my suitcase but Rube insisted on carrying my case to my room and when I opened my case the bottles had disappeared... I wonder how that happened?

I blame someone in Customs, it couldn't possibly be our Rube.............could it????

Good lord Hen I never thought of Rube as the culprit. Him being such an upstanding member of society. Tis a bit damp this morning, we may need to put a drop of whiskey into the porridge to keep warm. Was reading an article about Kylemore Abbey and the porridge is made with whiskey soaked raisins!!

/Adds another lock and chain to the drinky cabinet
    You can feck right off if you think you're going to put any of my single malts on yer porridge.

/Buys a guard dog.

Rammy, do you have any of your photos uploaded to a photo-host site like Pix.ie or Flickr? If so posting pics to here is easy enough. I'll talk you through it in the "Computer questions you are afraid..." thread if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

3534320404_4e2849a969_m.jpg

;)

OG the photos are on my phone! Yeah will just have to imagine rural landscapes! As for bbdbb's instruments I am a tad nerbhishock now.. I may need a wee dram of whiskey to calm my nerves

nerbhishock...that's a lovely word, must remember it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Well folks, Ive been missing a while. (did ye miss me)?
    Been a very sad time down this side of the country and elsewhere.
    A very dear young man, who was a great friend to us and all that met him, passed away tragically.:(
    It's difficult but we're trying to move on from the grief...slowly but surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I am sorry Chunken. Hope time will ease your pain.

Missed you Chucken.
    Had been following the situation and am very sorry.

Take care of yourself.

Very sorry Chuckie. Thinking of you during this sad time.

Thanks everyone :)
    He was Rubes friend too. Anyone who came into the radio will know we're a close knit bunch who love to welcome new friends. Steve was only 14 when he started to come in to chat to us old fogeys. He only lived 10 minutes from me so we met in real life too :)

He grew into a brilliant young man, we were all very proud of him. Thankfully we told him that on a regular basis!
    Very sad.

Steve was a great friend to us all in the radio as Chuck said and he will be greatly missed. May his God welcome him with open arms.

G'WAN MUNSTER

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chucken wrote: »
    G'WAN MUNSTER

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

C'mon Leinster :P:P:P:P:P:P

Did you see that last try? Did you? Huh? :p

Now now boys and girls no need to get wound up.... It's not about the winning, it's about the taking part...

• Advertisement

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement