Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I feel so poorly now. think I need to retire to bed with a warming bottle of something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There's a nice drop of Baileys here?

Runs away making disgusting noises and holding tight to his belly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

How are ya feeling Rubes now that the night has passed?

Ohh, there was a bottle of bailies in my cabinet into which I add a large dash of Cointreau to make it palatable 'for the ladies'.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Baileys and Cointreau? Blerk!

Think of it as an alcoholic terrys chocolate orange drink.

but...but...Baileys is coffee?

Only if you add a dash of Kahlua, or coffee. :)

EDIT: And now I'm Jonesing for a B-52. Ahhhh cocktails of the 70's.

b52-kgb.jpg

OldGoat wrote: »
    How are ya feeling Rubes now that the night has passed?

Ohh, there was a bottle of bailies in my cabinet into which I add a large dash of Cointreau to make it palatable 'for the ladies'.

Much better thank you OG I found that Baileys and advocaat has a distressing effect on my physical well being I am afraid. They never warn you about these things do they?

You live and learn, I thought Baileys was coffee! I don't think I have ever had it! (I like Cointreau though :))

• Advertisement

It's always been associated with coffee. It became the shortcut bottle in the bar for when people asked for an Irish coffee (coffee with cream and a dash of whisky).

:o Yes, when the old brain ground into action I realised that is what I was thinking of!

Sounds like you need a coffee. :)

Sounds like you need a coffee. :)

Great minds and all that! Just had one, will now lep into action :D

I like a nice milky coffee but when the milk is in short supply you simply add Baileys. Tastes nice and it is very warming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I once tasted Irish Mist. It was luvvly. (a non-drinker trying hard to feel loved and included in this den of oul' winos! :))

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I once tasted Irish Mist. It was luvvly. (a non-drinker trying hard to feel loved and included in this den of oul' winos! :))
    I once drank a tonic water with no gin. :eek:

I once drank a tonic water with no gin. :eek:

You must be still in shock! :D

Ha! I once had a tap water

• Advertisement

Went straight to yer head I bet!

Went straight to yer head I bet!

Is my bladder in my head too?

:eek:

We're all at that age! :D:D

Well said I this morning. I think I will go to the computer shop and get my computer repaired. Before I was even dressed I was disturbed by a manic ringing on the doorbell. A man stood there with my neighbour. "Hello" he said "I am from the waterboard and I think you have a leak."

Well yes one of my taps has a leak. I had planned on fixing it as soo n as I found a place that sold the bits I needed. I was given a letter telling me to fix it within 2weeks or I would have a water meter fitted and get charged for the privilege. Anyway I rushed out and did a lot of searching and finally got the bits I needed and my neighbour let me borrow the tools

Finally I took the computer to the repair shop with me hoping it was still open this late on a Saturday. It was closed down permanently.

Got to get it sorted by someone eventually. I need a hug.

Virtual hug Rube!

I need one too as I have a poorly ear and throat - a bug that is going around apparently. I could wish it would go around somewhere else :( So we got good value out of one hug :D

looksee wrote: »
    Virtual hug Rube!

I need one too as I have a poorly ear and throat - a bug that is going around apparently. I could wish it would go around somewhere else :( So we got good value out of one hug :D

I had the bug all last week hon and you deserve a big hug (((HUG)))

• Advertisement

Yiz pewer oul critters! Oh all right then, group hug everyone, gerrin there lads and lasses! OOOOOOOO

Rube, how on earth did the water board know your tap was leaking?

Yiz pewer oul critters! Oh all right then, group hug everyone, gerrin there lads and lasses! OOOOOOOO

Rube, how on earth did the water board know your tap was leaking?

I am all for a group hug but ladies please keep yer hands of me Irish Cream :D

They had a man check the cockstop outside the houses while they checked the estate for leaks. mine made running water noises.

Rubecula wrote: »
    I am all for a group hug but ladies please keep yer hands of me Irish Cream :D

They had a man check the cockstop outside the houses while they checked the estate for leaks. mine made running water noises.

Big Brother is definitely watching you. So this is what I am in for when we get our water meter! Snoopers and peeping toms's! :eek:

Don't you think it is a good idea to make sure leaks are dealt with?

Yes, but I don't like the threatening way they do it........fix it or else! Rube had to have it done within two weeks. Hope I will have the wherewithall to pay for maintenance when we no longer have a working income coming in.

• Advertisement

Well maybe 2 weeks is a bit tight, but if they didn't specify a time it would only be a suggestion :D

Ah well, a suggestion is acceptable! If the council threatens me I have a list of pending works for them to carry out in this area to hit them with! :D

If I had to get a plumber in it would have been a very pricey undertaking.

That being said I understand why they did it.

Are the meters actually in use anywhere or is it all still the basic charge or whatever they call it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Standard charge but you can claim a refund if meter reading is below the standard,

I don't have a meter yet and they say it could be years yet.

looksee wrote: »
    Are the meters actually in use anywhere or is it all still the basic charge or whatever they call it?

Dunno about Ireland but over here they are often in use.And once installed they are NEVER taken away

Standard charge but you can claim a refund if meter reading is below the standard,

I don't have a meter yet and they say it could be years yet.

That's kind of what I meant, we don't have a meter yet but everyone else in the street apart from us and our semi half have one out on the pavement. Both ours are in the drive (really odd situation, are a pair of houses in the middle of an estate and the two houses seem to be on a different electrical ring, different water arrangement and our roof was different construction too to all the other houses on the estate!). The guys who put in the pavement ones were not allowed for some reason to put in meters in drives so we don't have one - so there is no meter reading!

This place is looking kinda deserted these days.....days.....days.....days. See, there is even an echo about the place.

Gone a bit quiet alright JB, maybe we should have a party and invite everyone back!!

I like a bit of peace and quiet but at this stage it seems nobody loves us any more. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

I've been wondering about that too. Since the start of the year I haven't been receiving notifications of new posts. Anybody else experiencing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm here. Was a bit distracted for the past few days, as I was in a car crash just the other day. My car of less than a year old is a write off but, thankfully no serious injuries.

So, ready to roll again. Any new quiz questions going?

That was to do with the ddos attack garancafan, lots of things went wrong and I reckon people wandered off as the site was too hard to use. Its ok again now, though the email notifications are still not working - there is some sort of tecky reason for that that is being worked on.

Srameen, hope you are ok - thats not something you would want to happen, not surprising you were shaken. Hope you get transport sorted soon.

That would make a good quiz question - where did garancafan get his username! I presume it means fan of Elina Garanca?

Ok I will get the quiz going again, though if anyone else wants to throw up a question please do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Fan of Elina Garanca is a euphemism really - besotted would be more accurate.

Yes Srameen. Glad you're not a write-off anyway.

Glad you are ok Srameen - nasty business. Hope its got nothing to do with being on here as another of us has had a couple of bumps in his car over the last while as well. I never heard of Elina Garanca. Don't think I'd ever come across her in my daily radio tunings. I'm not sure Ronan Collins would play her stuff. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

10 years on boards this month and nobody noticed... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

12705610_1540326259595215_2521816744114524622_n.jpg?oh=5e408890cf5fb0232333052c962fce7f&oe=57673A85&__gda__=1465475002_766d1f1798d326db74b454a9376e7b2e

Steve wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREMXf-3HoWPGzCjxBJZ5KNPajxzUpC1K-XdKuc3G7SfobRRb_n

Naaaaa, jus kiddin. Here ya go.

179159_10151009317243545_1844903225_n.jpg

Steve wrote: »
    Life is hard, deal with it
    :P

Nah, I'll be 10 myself later in the year!

• Advertisement

Just checked my Boards age, and I'm only seven this year. Should I expect a 7-year itch in August then? What happens? Do I go all kangaroo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement